Rogue Legacy has been released

File

Gawd
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241600/?snr=1_4_4__100_17

http://www.roguelegacy.com/

15$, It was 10$ with a OST if you got in on the pre-order.

Looking at a Rogue 'Lite' platformer released on steam. Has full controller support, and Big Picture as well. The term Lite was used to signify that you do keep some of your progress through the game, even though you go 'back to the start' when you die. 2D 16bit graphics hearken to castlevania. There is a demo available. I would say try the demo, and see if you like it. The webpage does the game no justice representing its fun and quality.

If you end up getting it, could remark in the thread any powerful or fun (or complete shit) runs in the game you made.

I also was pissed on missing the preorder. Basically no visibility unless you were manually checking on this games development. They release through humble bundle as well, but no email was sent out in declaration. A pretty fail way to go from, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" to, maybe I'll get this when its cheap.

Felt slighted myself is what I'm saying. If anyone has an extra 10$ preorder around though..

They used Humble as a store front. A few indies do that, Humble isn't going to send out an email about every single studio that uses them to process orders. It's only a $5 difference, big deal.

I actually tried to find it on Humble, but never found it. Granted... I don't think I looked that hard, but it just wasn't.. there.

I actually tried to find it on Humble, but never found it. Granted... I don't think I looked that hard, but it just wasn't.. there.

If you want to buy it through Humble you have to go to the Rogue Legacy site. I wish Humble had a little store front with links to all the games sold individually through them.

I saw this post and picked up the game. I love it. Well worth it. A DRM free copy, and a steam key.

You can tell this game was made with the real love, care, and passion.

If you want to buy it through Humble you have to go to the Rogue Legacy site. I wish Humble had a little store front with links to all the games sold individually through them.

First place I looked, didn't see it. IIRC, there was a sentence saying to pre order and nothing else. =/

Already bought it, though.

I don't have the exact quoting, but in the manual/readme file:
"If you bought this game, thanks for the support, enjoy the game. If you torrented/pirated this, we hope you enjoy the title too, and hopefully when you get the money you'll support us too! "

Tried the demo yesterday, didn't really do it for me. I can see why it would be fun though. Certainly worth downloading the demo if you're curious!

Holy crap this game is awesome. I'm not sure a demo would do it justice, but the leveling-up and random character generation is hilarious, and challenging in the right way. Everything is super challenging, but in the kind of way that, when you die, you know it's your own damn fault, and not because the game cheated or is broken.

I just purchased this game, and I have to admit, it's so much fun once you get used to the controls. It sorta reminds me of a 2d Demon Souls/Dark Souls.

wow this game is very hard but i think a lot has to be whit trying to use a kb to play it on

wow this game is very hard but i think a lot has to be whit trying to use a kb to play it on

Xbox 360 controller doesn't make it much better due to THE HORRIBLE @$#% PIECE OF $%# D-PAD THAT CONSTANTLY GOES UP-LEFT WHEN I JUST WANT TO $$%#$ GO LEFT,%#@% THIS PIECE OF %$%@#.

So yeah, maybe try a Dual Shock Controller?

Xbox 360 controller doesn't make it much better due to THE HORRIBLE @$#% PIECE OF $%# D-PAD THAT CONSTANTLY GOES UP-LEFT WHEN I JUST WANT TO $$%#$ GO LEFT,%#@% THIS PIECE OF %$%@#.

So yeah, maybe try a Dual Shock Controller?
I had the same thing happen to me. So annoying. Definitely going to try it out with a dual shock controller.

Picked this up for 20% off on the Steam sale (though it might be a daily later). Having a lot of fun with it, even though it's pretty damn hard. Works great with an Xbox controller. Be prepared to die a lot in the beginning.

Quick question, what's the suggested next area after the castle level-wise?

Watched TB's video...Looks good. Will wait to see if it's on a daily deal.

Tried the demo yesterday, didn't really do it for me. I can see why it would be fun though. Certainly worth downloading the demo if you're curious!

This is a load of shit, not sure what I was on when I wrote this - I tried the demo again and immediately bought the game. Now I'm in 6 hours or so, REALLY enjoying it. Fantastic game, must buy!

This game is awesome. I'm very bad at it, though. I just try to last long enough to upgrade something :)

This game is awesome. I'm very bad at it, though. I just try to last long enough to upgrade something :)

That's pretty much the entire game. For me, the key has been to make sure I beat every boss I come across and get every chest. The upgraded armor etc is worth locking the castle down and taking the gold hit.

That's pretty much the entire game. For me, the key has been to make sure I beat every boss I come across and get every chest. The upgraded armor etc is worth locking the castle down and taking the gold hit.

yeah, I'm not beating too many bosses yet. :)

yeah, I'm not beating too many bosses yet. :)

Haha. Yea, for me, I started with the boss in the main area, and am not working on the one in the forest. The main area boss is not too hard once you have the right combination of character traits and upgrades.
Next I am working on

The forest boss. The dairy entries mentioned it second, so i think it's the second hardest. The enemies in the area seem to support this theory. He's fing hard though. Lots of add spawns and his projectiles are HUGE but only go in the cardinal directions. I suspect I will need gigantism to beat him just so that the adds are more likely to be downed by the larger sword swing.[

Last edited:
Spoiler tag fail...

I think you need to do
or something as the first part of the tag.

Like this

Haha. Yea, for me, I started with the boss in the main area, and am not working on the one in the forest. The main area boss is not too hard once you have the right combination of character traits and upgrades.
Next I am working on

The forest boss. The dairy entries mentioned it second, so i think it's the second hardest. The enemies in the area seem to support this theory. He's fing hard though. Lots of add spawns and his projectiles are HUGE but only go in the cardinal directions. I suspect I will need gigantism to beat him just so that the adds are more likely to be downed by the larger sword swing.[

Funnily enough I didn't have any issues with that one, but I'm having a tremendously difficult time with the one from the underground area. Sigh...

I'm having TONS of fun though with the game overall, nearly 13 hours in.

Funnily enough I didn't have any issues with that one, but I'm having a tremendously difficult time with the one from the underground area. Sigh...

I'm having TONS of fun though with the game overall, nearly 13 hours in.

Yea, from the language of the diaries, that is probably the hardest one. I think the issue I am having is that I have neglected my magic damage stats. Going to pump some points into mana and magic damage. See if some of those don't help.

I really enjoyed this game.

Took me 24hours to get to new game + ( I was grinding a bit without trying to progress..)

After that I just rushed to NG+4-5, then farmed until I had all equipment/runes/upgrades.

I stopped at 32hours played.

So the game is 40% off right now on Steam for the Weekend Sale, at $8.99 instead of the usual $14.99.

Thinking about picking it up, though I wish it was closer to $5 given the backlog I have. I wonder how long it will take to hit that price? Winter sale?

They need to release some DLC for this game, badly. I'm not sure they realize how much of a hit this game is - or what even made it good in the first place judging by the other games they've made.

They need to release some DLC for this game, badly. I'm not sure they realize how much of a hit this game is - or what even made it good in the first place judging by the other games they've made.

I hope they are working on DLC for this too, great game. Probably not though considering they are working on porting the game to Vita/PS4

Back