ROG X570 Dark Hero m.2_2 disconnecting at random intervals

nychi001

n00b
Hello there,

Two months ago I built a new rig and I've been having some problems with it. The m.2_2 that I use as my primary storage and games will randomly disconnect and disappear. By "disconnect" I mean it won't even show up on the Disk Management or BIOS. I can see into my case and the RBG lights are still on so it still receives power at least. I go into BIOS and only the m.2_1 OS drive appears. It usually takes a couple of reboots before the system recongizes that its there again.

Specs
Motherboard : ASUS ROG Crosshari VII Dark Hero
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
RAM Ballistix DDR4 3200x - 32 GB
m.2_1: XPG S40G - 256 GB
m.2_2: XPG S40G - 4 TB
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
PSU: 760 W.

Hello there,

Two months ago I built a new rig and I've been having some problems with it. The m.2_2 that I use as my primary storage and games will randomly disconnect and disappear. By "disconnect" I mean it won't even show up on the Disk Management or BIOS. I can see into my case and the RBG lights are still on so it still receives power at least. I go into BIOS and only the m.2_1 OS drive appears. It usually takes a couple of reboots before the system recongizes that its there again.

Specs
Motherboard : ASUS ROG Crosshari VII Dark Hero
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
RAM Ballistix DDR4 3200x - 32 GB
m.2_1: XPG S40G - 256 GB
m.2_2: XPG S40G - 4 TB
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
PSU: 760 W.
Sorry, I should also mention that I have updated the BIOS to the most recent version and I have tried reseating the drive twice and the issue is still occuring.

Try swapping in a different NVMe SSD to the offending slot and see if it still misbehaves. If it does, there's something wrong with the motherboard. If not, then the NVMe SSD that keeps disconnecting is faulty.

I swapped the drives and the problem still persists. So good news, it is not the slots. Bad news, I may have a bad drive.

Reactions: mda
like this
Back