ROG Epic Delivers Full PC And Console Gaming To Mobiles

HardOCP News

[H] News
What better way to kick off April Fools Day 2016 than an announcement like this from ASUS. A true Windows 10 handheld device that can play PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games! The RoG Epic has a custom overclocked Intel Core i5 with 8GB of DDR4 memory, a GPU based on the Radeon GCN architecture with 4GB High-Bandwidth Memory and a 6.1-inch OLED 4K display.

ROG is excited to announce the arrival of the world's most epic phone, it would only be apt to name it ROG Epic. ROG Epic is a 6.1" phansole (phone/console) running the latest Windows 10, so you can play PC games, and get this - also play both PlayStation 4 and XBOX One games on it! No, we're not talking about streaming using Remote Play or SmartGlass, this a full-fledged console (actually two consoles and a PC all rolled into one)!

It's says something when product announcements like this are far more exciting than the normal run. I'd buy this for sure if anyone could actually make it work.

Sadly just looking at the specs I would've thought April Fools, especially the PS4/Xbox One/PC gaming capability. It'd be fabulous, but not happening anytime soon if ever.

I'm not sure this is quite far-fetched enough to be funny. Remember the Razer Edge Pro? The tablet with a i7U and Geforce 940M? This isn't that different.

Them throwing in the console capabilities ruins the joke. Sounds plausible then it turns into an automatic bullshit. Stupid.

I thought April Fools was to try and trick people into believing something improbable. Not just making up a bunch of stupid shit.

Would be nice to get another phone with controls like the Sony Xperia Play. I still use mine though it's getting a little long in the tooth when it comes to performance.

4/1/2016
Microsoft announces PS3 backwards compatibility on the Xbox One.

A microsoft spokesman commented "Microsoft is fully committed in providing backwards compatibility to ensure that our users can experience all the best content from today, the future, and the past. When Sony indicated they coudln't provide backwards PS3 compatibility, our crack team fo engineers indicated that the Xbox 1 was powerful enough to emulate the Cell processor. However, due to the copy protection schemes, you will not be able to insert your PS3 games into the Xbox one." When questioned about how users could get their content onto the Xbox One, our source indicated "Well Sandy, last week Microsoft announced the release of the Xbox Transmission client, designed to ensure that Microsoft provides full access to new, and future open communication protocols to ensure that our users can experience the best content available on the internet today".

- Knight Ridder

Back