Rockville Studio monitors, anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by newls1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. newls1

newls1 2[H]4U

Wanted to replace my MA-Audio AV30 monitor speakers with something that will have more power and a little more bass response, so after spending a few days and research, i finally bite down on these ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GV0OKYE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) I also bought the foam isolating pads and speaker stands for them. Im pretty stoked and cant wait to get them in a few days. Anyone here use these speakers, whats your thoughts on them. I really like that they are bi amped, and RMS out @ 68watts each. Obviously im not looking for or expecting the best highend audio, but for what i can afford, im hoping these are decent. Opinions????

Thanks

2. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge [H]ardForum Junkie

I'd expect them to be decent- I have their 10" studio sub under the desk, from a balanced source in line with 5" JBL monitors. The JBLs are very good and the Rockville sub is at least decent for gaming, and was significantly more affordable than 10"+ studio (balanced) subs from more recognizable brands.

cageymaru likes this.
  3. newls1

newls1 2[H]4U

4. celwin

celwin Gawd

I have the 8" version of those. Let's just say I will never go back to pc speakers. They are a great value for what you get. You won't regret it 20180217_123824.jpg

chockomonkey and cageymaru like this.
  5. B00nie

B00nie [H]ardness Supreme

I'm a big fan of active speakers also (I don't consider Logitech etc. plastic abominations speakers)

criccio likes this.
  6. atarione

atarione [H]ard|Gawd

I'm a big fan of separates.. mostly because I have proven to be a prolific finder of cheap older stereo gear.. but active studio monitors much better than cheap plastic abominations as mentioned above.

I have heard some active speakers I quite like in the past, I just like my vintage gear more.

desk_jun18.jpg

the vintage gear in picture (not including dac(s) / modern headphone amps) cost me under $400 total.

xmadror likes this.
  7. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

How are the Rockville speakers holding up?

8. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

I have recently come into the market for some new PC speakers, and hadnt ever considered studio monitors before this thread. So thanks! How are you liking your purchase?

9. celwin

celwin Gawd

Just fine.No issues

cageymaru and IdiotInCharge like this.