Rockstar's GTA V pc sales?

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering if Rockstar is making a nice profit on this game so that they will continue to release games for the PC.

Just wondering if Rockstar is making a nice profit on this game so that they will continue to release games for the PC.

I think they did something like 1 million sold in one day, not 1 million dollars worth, one million units.

I'm pretty sure its selling better then they expected. Hopefully it will be a wake call for them.

Tracking for Steam is currently around 1.5million owners. Keep in mind GTA V is not a steamworks game so Steam tracking cannot account for all PC sales.

I hope they are going to be happy with the return they get on the game. Its the only way that the next Red Dead Redemption game that comes out will find its way onto PC a year or two after it is released on console.

Im still in the mad zone over the first one never making its way to pc when LA Snore did.

they don't seem to announce PC sales figures like they do for consoles...we can only hope that with the excellent reviews and word of mouth that the game is selling well

I'm having a blast with the game and i was happy to give them a sale. There's money in a quality game developed properly for the pc platform. Rockstar,I hope, sees that now.

I'm having a blast with the game and i was happy to give them a sale. There's money in a quality game developed properly for the pc platform. Rockstar,I hope, sees that now.

To be fair they could see that they sold 1-2 million copies before anyone really had any look at the game at all. So they could take away that they could release a terrible port that runs like shit and make bank anyways just from presales. The difference will be how well sales keep going now that reports are out that GTAV runs great on PC and they did a good job with the port.

I hope they are going to be happy with the return they get on the game. Its the only way that the next Red Dead Redemption game that comes out will find its way onto PC a year or two after it is released on console.

Im still in the mad zone over the first one never making its way to pc when LA Snore did.

This. Red Dead was the ONLY reason I bought a PS3. Amazing game and tech for the time - and wouldve been fucking EPIC on PC. LA Noire actually wasnt that bad of a game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the story - theres just no replay value.

Although I havent played in a few years, I think I've forgotten enough of it to enjoy a replay now - the last time I played I had it on a crappy laptop that avg'ed maybe 15-20FPS. My rig will crush that game now so I can play with all the eye candy on.

So they could take away that they could release a terrible port that runs like shit and make bank anyways just from presales. T

Rockstar doesn't strike me as that dumb.. Short term payoff, long term problems.. ie: Ubisoft and before Ubisoft, EA. People trusted (Ubisoft) them for a while "not to fuck it up this time" and time and time again they did to the point Ubisoft is now synonymous with greedy pigs producing terrible ports and don't do shit about it.

You know you're bad when you're labeled "the new EA" and EA is actually not hated much anymore. But, EA was in the same boat for the same reasons and it took them a long time to dig out of it. I think Rockstar learned their lesson with GTA IV and the mistakes EA and Ubisoft have made... GTA V proves that.

Last edited:
You know you're bad when you're labeled "the new EA" and EA is actually not hated much anymore. But, EA was in the same boat for the same reasons and it took them a long time to dig out of it. I think Rockstar learned their lesson with GTA IV and the mistakes EA and Ubisoft have made... GTA V proves that.

Ubisoft was "bad" since the early 2000s. That is when they killed off their PC & niche games and ran just about every non-action game of theirs into the ground. And they were always rather incompetent. What has Ubisoft done recently? Released Watch Dogs with not so great performance? Unity which had some bugs but was promptly fixed? They're on top of things quicker than Rockstar was with GTA4 (which they've yet to fix).

They'll pick up a sale from me when it hits the $30 mark. ;)

Pretty much this.

I already bought it for PS3 @$60... another $60 is not justified, since I havn't picked up the PS3 version in a year, and only play a few games a week. But, I'm happy to see the game kickass.

This. Red Dead was the ONLY reason I bought a PS3. Amazing game and tech for the time - and wouldve been fucking EPIC on PC. LA Noire actually wasnt that bad of a game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the story - theres just no replay value.

Although I havent played in a few years, I think I've forgotten enough of it to enjoy a replay now - the last time I played I had it on a crappy laptop that avg'ed maybe 15-20FPS. My rig will crush that game now so I can play with all the eye candy on.

oh I enjoyed LA Noire, i just call it snore because after I played through it a time or two it lost its draw, but I have played through RDR many times since it launched and could probably do another run now if i wasnt so busy. When i drive around on GTA V now on PC i see some of these sun rises and sunsets and I just need another RDR in my life to fill the void.

one thing to note about LA Noire is that it is capped at 30fps. least it was last time I played it on pc. something to do with the facial animations or something like that if I remember correctly. Between the 30fps and crappy car suspensions of the time period it can make driving around a rather lame experience at times.

Broke the record for most people currently playing a third party game on steam. Whats more impressive is that it isn't a steamworks title. I would imagine that its doing pretty well.

Ubisoft was "bad" since the early 2000s. That is when they killed off their PC & niche games and ran just about every non-action game of theirs into the ground. And they were always rather incompetent. What has Ubisoft done recently? Released Watch Dogs with not so great performance? Unity which had some bugs but was promptly fixed? They're on top of things quicker than Rockstar was with GTA4 (which they've yet to fix).

You must be running an amd card. GTA IV runs pretty well for me. Even started it up when I got my new 3440x1440 display and it ran really well. Not as well as GTA V but considering whats going on in the game and for its time I think that it did well.

I've owned an AMD card a few times in the past few years and not once did it run well when using one. As soon as I pop my Nvidia card into the same rig it runs well depending on settings or resolution.

You must be running an amd card. GTA IV runs pretty well for me. Even started it up when I got my new 3440x1440 display and it ran really well. Not as well as GTA V but considering whats going on in the game and for its time I think that it did well.

I've owned an AMD card a few times in the past few years and not once did it run well when using one. As soon as I pop my Nvidia card into the same rig it runs well depending on settings or resolution.

I played 4 with a GTX 970. It was actually too fast; you couldn't finish the final mission without running FRAPs set to record at 30 frame rates a second. A bunch of other fixes didn't work.

Well, they put effort in with this one and are getting recognition for it.

Back