Rockstar: Red Dead Redemption 2 “Absolutely Not Coming to PC”

Meh there are so many good console exclusive games now I don't know why you wouldn't own a console as a gamer. Sucks that it's not coming to pc (for now) but I will enjoy it just fine on my ps4

The game was developed on PC (If I am not mistaken), so there might be a working copies that a few lucky Rockstar employees are enjoying right now.

Your logic is flawed, since it omits the possibility of an additional variable. In many cases, a practice goes against what the majority wants, however, they're not organized enough to prevent it. Gamers in particular will TOLERATE things they don't like if the game is otherwise good. Microtransactions and lootboxes are a pretty good example of this. Interview any cluster of gamers, and I guarantee the majority of them do NOT want those in the game, given the choice. The thing is, they're NOT given the choice between the same game with microtransactions v. one without. So they may like the gameplay, the graphics, the story etc. WHILE they actively dislike the microtransactions. But enough of them will either not care or else even the ones that dislike it will cave in due to manipulation and put money towards them. On the contrary, microtransactions are immensely profitable, despite being a disliked practice by the consumer.

Going by your voting analogy, that would only work if it was bundled in with something else people DID want. So if the initiative was remove rights from minorities AND everyone gets a free house and a new car, does that mean "the people have spoken" and wanted the minorities to have their rights removed, or did they just want the new car and tolerated what they didn't want? It's the same principle at work in gaming.

You say I'm in the minority and most people disagree with me on this issue. I highly doubt that. I imagine the people who WANT it this way are a very small minority. Do you actually think the MAJORITY of players are saying "Oh thank god, I wouldn't want a game on console to also come out on PC" or do they just want to play a Western game and aren't thinking past that?

I don't think my logic if flawed. I think you are misunderstanding who the majority and minority are. As you said microtransactions are very profitable. So the majority are based on dollars, not percent of players. If 10% of the people want to waste $1000s each on changing the color of their hats. Then that is telling the devs that the thing to do is to make different color hats for people to pour money into as those that as the majority of the money they make is on those transactions. If the majority was made on game sells and little made on microtransactions then that group would be the majority.

As for this game coming out on PC. What I think is the minority is the people that are planning on buying the game on the console to start with, have no desire to buy the game on the PC and that would say you know what fuck Rockstar and this game because somebody with a PC can't pay it. There are plenty of console exclusives, there are also PC exclusives. As long as a person can play it on what they want to play it on, most aren't going to care if somebody else can't play it enough that they would refuse to buy a game that they can play and want to play just because somebody they don't know can't play the game. I don't see people boycotting Mario games because they aren't released on any other system or the PC. People didn't boycott God of War since it wasn't released on the PC also. That is very different from saying thank god those stuck up fucks on pcs can't play the game.

I don't think my logic if flawed. I think you are misunderstanding who the majority and minority are. As you said microtransactions are very profitable. So the majority are based on dollars, not percent of players.
Exavior said:
personally i think that shows that most people disagree with you and your way of thinking.
Well now you're making a different argument than you were originally. You're now talking about a minority of players, but majority of dollars, that's fine, but that's not what you were saying originally. You said yourself, majority of dollars doesn't mean "most people." Your analogy didn't apply to this either, since you were literally talking about a one vote per person scenario as an example.

Your new argument is actually making the case that I don't even have a vote, or rather it's a small fraction of one. The same goes for the majority of players actually. Because the MAJORITY will only be spending retail price for the game or less. The MINORITY will be spending thousands of dollars. So you're making the case that most gamers are disenfranchised. I can believe that.

Again, just because the buying majority tolerates something, doesn't mean they "disagree" with the non-buying minority or their way of thinking, they just prefer being able to play the game more than any business practice about it they don't like. In order to actually disagree with the minority, they would have to take the opposing stance.

They just want us PC gamers to double dip. Meaning buy the console version, then buy the PC version once that's released.

Hey, if they want to just fuck off an entire segment of their customer base, that's on them.

I hope they crash and burn.

Holy crap.

Fallout 4 was OK, but not 1400 hours OK.

Agreed.

My feeling is that it was a better game than most gave it credit for. That, and being a Massachusetts resident for over 20 years it was fun to recognize some place names.

I got about 120 hours out of it and was still having fun building and defending settlements after I finished the story line, but I got distracted by something else and moved on.

By contrast I got bored of being a desert errand boy in New Vegas after about 65 hours and then rushed through the last few story missions just to get it over with.

I can't imagine 1400 hours though. Only games I've ever reached that milestone (or above) in were the original Counter-Strike, Red Orchestra, Red Orchestra 2 and a few installments in the Side Meier's Civilization series.

1585424254812.jpeg

Heh. I didn't even notice this was an old thread when I replied.

I guess I should have known given the fact that RDR2 has been out for PC since November of last year.

It goes to show how little I care about this lowest common denominator cowboy game regardless of what platform it is on.

Last edited:
Oh well will play it from the comfort of my couch on a huge OLED at upscaled "4k" at low FPS with HDR and not have to spend a shitton of money on a new GPU and monitor(s) to get higher I.Q at better FPS experience, while paying more for the game itself

They'll release it on PC a year after console as always. PC master race always over reacts to any scary "news."
FYP

The only way it could have been a bigger loss is if it was God of War.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...-best-score-and-more-at-the-game-awards-2018/

Meh, I don't trust any "best game" award if it wasn't released on PC, because that means only console players have played it, which means it is very likely lowest common denominator nonsense.

God of war was some third person trash. You couldn't pay me to play it.

There is a reason PC exclusives - despite being few and far between - are always leaps and bounds better than any multi-platform titles. Games that aren't even multi-platform, but only released on console are the realm of lowest common denominator, "fine dining at Olive Garden", cousin fucking trash.

You can't trust their opinion on anything.

Meh, I don't trust any "best game" award if it wasn't released on PC, because that means only console players have played it, which means it is very likely lowest common denominator nonsense.

God of war was some third person trash. You couldn't pay me to play it.

There is a reason PC exclusives - despite being few and far between - are always leaps and bounds better than any multi-platform titles. Games that aren't even multi-platform, but only released on console are the realm of lowest common denominator, "fine dining at Olive Garden", cousin fucking trash.

You can't trust their opinion on anything.

What a load of short-sighted elitist horseshit.

Back