Rocketfish (Lian Li) Case Wiring

here's how it turned out

sorry about the crappy pic, once I get my sli video cards and some lights ill manage something with my slr.

case.jpg

Looks pretty good. Wish there was some way to fill the door mounting holes other than the screws.

Eh, it wouldn't look that bad with a few button heads, would almost match the rivets on the window :)

That hdd converter bay holds 4 drives.. I totally removed all the brackets at the bottom of the case. Ton of room down there to do whatever I want..

The window looks pretty nice. I went from a Lian Li PC-65 silver case with a window to this and its much prettier looking. Perhaps the window would be a good next investment. :)

Going to mod my Rocketfish top panel for two 120mm fans. My question is, what size drill bit do I need for the holes for the fan screws. Is their a standard size that I need to use.:confused::confused:

Fitseries3, nice work man!

Love your idea on holding your reservoir. I was going to do something similar but wasn't sure how it would turn out.

:thumbup:

Oh, and Enermax FTW. :)

Need some help with some case work on this thing.
Attempting to take out the two dividers in the 5.25" bays, but the screws on the front of the case are a pain in the a** to get at. Anyone who has gotten these out, any suggestions? I would like not to drill the case if at all possible.

Thanks.

or drill a hole through the front to get a screw driver in there. the metal is actually thinner where you need to drill so it is pretty easy.

Need some help with some case work on this thing.
Attempting to take out the two dividers in the 5.25" bays, but the screws on the front of the case are a pain in the a** to get at. Anyone who has gotten these out, any suggestions? I would like not to drill the case if at all possible.

Thanks.

i believe i used needle nose pliers :D

LiQuiD[EViL];1032459614 said:

My father has one version of those he got with a craftsman screwdriver set and to big. :(

i believe i used needle nose pliers :D

I tried that last night and failed, had to borrow a friends set, but after looking at this I noticed all the grip from them were gone so that may be why. Tonight I am going to find another pair and if those do not work I am drilling and be done with it.

Thanks for the help.

if you are planning on painting the interior, you could always fill the drill holes with bondo or jb weld, then sand flush. I don't think that part of the case is even visible anyway.

Tough call, I may find it less than appealing, but others may love it. The best thing to do is if you like it then love it and enjoy it, if others talk down about it that is there problem.

Question for those who have gotten the EX-33B hard drive bay for the 5.25" drive area. Mine will be arriving soon and I am having a tough choice on where to put it in, there are six slots, and if I place it in the bottom three it will blow directly over the GPU (good since I have an 8800GTX (maybe 9800 soon)) or top three and blow directly over the CPU. Does it really matter in the end and I am over thinking this?

Depends on which needs more air GPU/CPU?? In my case, my CPU runs very cool, like 2-3c over ambient when I'm not doing anything intensive. So in my situation I placed it in the bottom three bays so more of it would hit near the GPU.

Does anyone use the fan bay that is over the GPU, does it actually pull air out at all? Seems the piece is so small it might pull air towards it but not out of the case.

Tough call, I may find it less than appealing, but others may love it. The best thing to do is if you like it then love it and enjoy it, if others talk down about it that is there problem.

Question for those who have gotten the EX-33B hard drive bay for the 5.25" drive area. Mine will be arriving soon and I am having a tough choice on where to put it in, there are six slots, and if I place it in the bottom three it will blow directly over the GPU (good since I have an 8800GTX (maybe 9800 soon)) or top three and blow directly over the CPU. Does it really matter in the end and I am over thinking this?

I put it in my bottom three because if you look at it really well you'll notice that if you put it on the top 3 some of the air will just flow along the top of the case and go out.... If you put it on the bottom then you are pushing fresh clean are RIGHT through the middle of the case and giving fresh air wherever it is needed. :D

Here is the RF case I bought for my G-unit last month. Last couple weeks I re-wired the case, put in a side window, and added some UV goodness.

1. The huge box

015.jpg

2. Her Matx system installed w/nasty wire job

05-07-08019.jpg

3. Side window installed, (waiting on C strip to finish the edges)

028.jpg

4. New wiring

05-07-08048.jpg

5. With side window installed

05-07-08057.jpg

6. Lights!!!

05-07-08056.jpg

Overkill for her Matx? Hell yeah. However it will undergo an upgrade in the next couple of months and when that happens expect alot of changes for this huge case.

All in all this was a very quick mod just to make her happy. Pink UV, window, yada yada...until the new PC parts come! I can't wait! I love this case, and I'm an owner of a CM830.

Nate

The side window is a tinted piece of acrylic btw, hence why its a little dull with the UV, however it looks great with the tint @ night.

Nate

I never knew that red (pink) UV cables lit up so well. I might get a hold of some of that color next time I purchase some SATA, power, or extension cable. :)

Any one else have a bit of trouble with this case I ended up buying one for $52ish with tax and then I got it home and when I opened the door it scratched up the front panels. I proceeded to go back to swap it for another one and that one had the same problem leading me to my third one which I have now and I haven't put anything in it.

Then I realized the other day that when I press in the aluminum(seems really thin at the front) around the power button or the power button it makes a loud scratching noise. I'm hoping I can remedy this with some fabric or rubber between some aluminum at the front of the case from keeping it from scratching anything but I might end up returning it and buying a lian li mid tower. Any suggestions or similar problems?

Back