Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower Case--BestBuy Clearance $71.99

On another note, i dropped my temps by 10C on my CPU.... :eek:

Where did you get the part to add a fan on the upper part of the case? That is the one thing I would like to do to mine since it currently only has one at intake at the bottom.

Thanks.

Where did you get the part to add a fan on the upper part of the case? That is the one thing I would like to do to mine since it currently only has one at intake at the bottom.

Thanks.

Well, i dont have any blowhole fans... but the fan that you see there in the back doing the exhaust was already there for me... i just swapped em out with Aerocool Extremes :)

So i have 2 intakes and 2 out.... optimally id like to have a blowhole, but i think it may take a bit too much effort.

Thanks.
Just a normal LiLi 3-in-4 setup. Look at the other threads for the link.

Well, i dont have any blowhole fans... but the fan that you see there in the back doing the exhaust was already there for me... i just swapped em out with Aerocool Extremes :)

So i have 2 intakes and 2 out.... optimally id like to have a blowhole, but i think it may take a bit too much effort.

I am referring to the front of the case, where in the 5.25" slots you have another fan, where did you order that from?

My case is exactly the same, one fan in the front, and two on the back, I would like to add another to the front, just do not know where to order or what part number it is.

I am referring to the front of the case, where in the 5.25" slots you have another fan, where did you order that from?

My case is exactly the same, one fan in the front, and two on the back, I would like to add another to the front, just do not know where to order or what part number it is.

EX-33B :)

I listed it a few posts of mine further up.... 35 seems to be the average price on these... and the reason i went with pctoys was because of the free shipping which really made that sidepanel go from being 70 dollars to 50 since PPCs and FrozenCPU both charged like 30 for shipping or like 60 for the panel :(

I bought one today at Best Buy in South County, MO off Lindbergh near 55. They didn't have any left at the store closest to me (right down the street) at Gravois + 141 in Fenton.

They had 5 left, now there's 4 left. Rang up right - $47.99.

They're on the top shelf in the PC hardware department, right near the service desk; obviously ask for someone to get one down for you if you want one. :)

I love my V1000 but my next rig will be water cooled and I don't want to cut up my beautiful V1000, and internally it's probably not the best for water either due to having separate chambers. The Rocketfish will definitely be a solid size for a water system. :D

Pictures don't do it justice.... I haven't opened it yet (will in a few minutes), but yeah - pictures don't do it justice in terms of size. I knew it would be big but it wasn't until I got to my car (a 2003 Focus 4dr sedan) and started saying to myself "where am I going to fit this thing?". Guess that's what I get for having 2 10" subs in my trunk and a booster seat for my 3 1/2 year old daughter in the back seat. Had to put the Rocketfish in the front passenger seat and drive home with it right next to my right shoulder. :p

My brother has been bitching about his Stacker 830 and how it hard it is to work with so I told him about this case. He came over and we went to the closest BB and picked it up. There were 2 left.

Pretty amazing how more people aren't jumping in on this... I was surprised to see any left.

Pretty amazing how more people aren't jumping in on this... I was surprised to see any left.

QFT
I thought I wouldn't be able to find any by now since this "deal" is several weeks old by now. :cool:

I'm definitely glad I was able to find one though. It's a beautiful case. Even at $119 (the website's listed price) it's a steal for what you get. It looks like the front panel is double aluminum panel so it's probably great at keeping out noise. I was also very impressed with how nice the door itself is, especially in regards of the spring loaded ball joints that keep the front panel shut.

A couple comparison shots in case you already didn't realize this thing's very large. :D

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

According to my measurements, it's 5" deeper and 3" taller than my V1000. :eek:

you mean from the PSU to the top of the motherboard? lol some 8 pins are not at the top.

Anyways, the measurement i just took is a 15" straight shot and a 25" inch if you go around the mobo. I used an 8-pin extension cable for mine.

I am loving this case. Here's my first attempt at throwing everything in...
IMG_2508.jpg

Snip, snip, no more turbulent noise from all that crap in front of LL's stock front fan.
IMG_2512.jpg

I'm left with this and now in need of sata cables, fans, side windows, and just basically a trip to the cooling sites or Fry's. The GPU cooler may or may not have been a noise fender, but I removed all grills and weird air flow crap and now the case is back to low level chill...
IMG_2518.jpg

Just updating for those in san diego/chula vista

Bestbuy off of the 54 has 4 of them in stock for 49.99. I'm leaving right now to pick one up.

Yeah, to the top. Thanks.

I can't work in this CM 330 anymore, its the biggest PITA to try and squeeze the HSF in next to the PSU.

Does anyone know if they'll let me know stock and prices if I call around tomorrow?

WooHoo! Got one.

So I started calling stores this morning(Chicago) and the first couple were sold out. I finally found one near me that had 3, but unfortunatly it was $95.50 and could not be price matched, The girl was nice enough to look up stock and prices and different locations and found me 1 nearby for $42.77!

Anyhow, that was the only 1 the store had, new, sealed, not open box. For Chicagoland area:

Skokie store = 3 @ $95.50
Crestwood store = 2 @ $47.99
87th & DanRyan = 3 @ $50.00
North Av.(Wicker Park) = 3 @ 59.99

I think they might be out of them in the Panama City Best Buy. Not sure, it would be worth it to check if your are near the area.

Just got mine today..... last one in the store @ $47.99.

Woohoo.... now what do I do with it? I still got my rig stuffed in a Glossy Silver Chieftech that has a side window. I think that I might wait until May 16th for my stimulus check to build something new.

I am loving this case. Here's my first attempt at throwing everything in...
IMG_2508.jpg

Snip, snip, no more turbulent noise from all that crap in front of LL's stock front fan.
IMG_2512.jpg

I'm left with this and now in need of sata cables, fans, side windows, and just basically a trip to the cooling sites or Fry's. The GPU cooler may or may not have been a noise fender, but I removed all grills and weird air flow crap and now the case is back to low level chill...
IMG_2518.jpg

I just love the way this case swallows parts and asks for more. All that room around the motherboard--it's like sending your motherboard to Burning Man, an oasis in the midst of vast emptiness...

Yup, just picked one up from the Aventura, FL store for $52 and they still had 3 more in stock. I LOVE this case!

Should have gone with a PicoITX in there. Then just mount more hard drive racks all over the motherboard tray. lol.

@Commander Suzdal - Did you keep the front filter on and just cut out that little grill thing? Also is that a Maximus Formula and 9800GX2?

Just got mine today..... last one in the store @ $47.99.

Woohoo.... now what do I do with it? I still got my rig stuffed in a Glossy Silver Chieftech that has a side window. I think that I might wait until May 16th for my stimulus check to build something new.
Indeed. Got this, should have a Q9450 showing up soon. Just need to pickup a DDR2/DDR3 combo board, so I can make the transition.

I did have a small hand in this.

rocketfishromp.jpg

Positive: All my buds have a quiet case
Negative: All my buds have my case

Is there a minimum of a 30lbs order to ship from performancepc.com? That is flippin ridiculous that they want to charge for 30lbs of shipping weight for an aluminum side panel with a piece of plexi in it. There is no way that the side panel weighs that much. I checked out the prices for the windowed side panel and the top panel with the fan holes cut out and it was twice as much as my case with shipping!!! There has got to be something wrong there.

If you read there site its because they have to ship in an oversized box. I filled up my order and shipping was only like $15 because of all the stuff I got. If I ordered the panel itself shipping was more expensive.

Yeah, thats why i went with the PcToys guys because they give you FREE shipping and its 50 bucks shipped.

I got the Deluxe Panel from PPC's (Has black buttonhead screws instead of crappy silver rivets) and they also drilled a 120mm duct for free for me. Can't beat that.

For how much? I have the silver rivets, but $50 shipped and received in 2 days was a bit much to pass up.

i want to cut my own side panel and add black mesh into it. and a 120mm fan. Some reason i feel as if the cooling in this case isnt enough. i run it with side panel off and it gets better temps lol by like 3-4 degrees.

Back