Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower Case--BestBuy Clearance $71.99

I grabbed one today for $52.99 at one of my local BB's. I have 3 BB's all within 20 minutes of me and 2 of them had them for $71.99, naturally I went and got the cheaper one. FWIW... they have 2 in stock in Algonquin IL (60102) for $71.99 and 1 in stock in Crystal Lake IL (60014) for $52.99.

It's massive, but I like it. Solid and sleek.

I saw your post at SD, lol

I'll have it this evening since I seem to be last on the UPS route. Once I get it in. I'll try it out, and see if it works out right. I think it will be just fine, but you never know. I'll take a picture, and post it when I get it in.

Yeah bro, look up a few posts and I could have saved you the trip :D

Only 1 left there and it's 119.

I'll check philadelphia and get back to you.

haha if I only read your post

man this sucks. Almost everyone gets the case for $50.00 and I'm still stuck at $120..

anyone from the NYC area know if there is a BB nearby with cheaper price tag?

It's funny to see how many guys are trying to pawn these things off on eBay...and how many suckers are actually falling for it. :p

I just ordered that side panel window that wildabeast posted yesterday. Should be here by Tuesday according to UPS. :(

In the meantime, I've done several changes to this case. Re-arranged the back fan so that I can route the wiring behind the motherboard and I also took out one of the HDD cages. The one near the intake 120mm fan, I turned 180 degrees.

I also tore out the top USB/Firewire/Audio ports as I won't use any of them anyways.

I'm loving this case a lot, many things to mod to my likening. :D

Well guys I got my door in. All I can say is like a glove. The door with the Window installed perfect. So if you want the Lian Li Window door look for the W-75B. Here is a pic of the door installed. Also thanks to everyone that liked my hole cutting job.

I already sold my extra one. To a friend that really wanted to have an awesome case to work with. He loves it. My only thing is what am I going to do with my Cooler Master Stacker 810? I guess I'll just sell it.

I was going to order a side panel until I found they wanted $47 for shipping to Hawaii. The shipping weight is listed at 30lb but it really can't be that heavy right? Maybe I'll try give them a call.

Edit: Oh, should've read. They double box it. Don't think I can convince myself to buy a $87 window for a $47 case. :(

Yeah the shipping price does suck, but the case door did come in excellent condition. Now my shipping was not that high though.

How do the handles workout? I don't know if I would put handles into aluminum. Otherwise it looks really cool, like the wheels I'll have to that and I was already going to order the window, but the wheels is a really cool touch.

do the hinges for the door come off?

they look like only 4 screws holding them on
im hoping that it will look exactly like a Lian Li if the hinges in the front(top and bottom) were removed.

The doors come off, but I think it looks a little cheap without the doors. Its just the four screw in the front, just be careful with the hinge pins for the door, I managed to loose one and it took damn near hour to find it again.

keep this or the CM RC690? it doesnt have as good cooling as the 690, especially the door fan holes since i still have a upward-mounted heatsink fan.. argh i hate choices.

the fish case is of much better quality though.

haha if I only read your post

man this sucks. Almost everyone gets the case for $50.00 and I'm still stuck at $120..

anyone from the NYC area know if there is a BB nearby with cheaper price tag?

No luck in Philly or I would have PMed you and picked it up.

When I'm back here this weekend I'll check the Baltimore Pike store and get back to you.

No luck in Philly or I would have PMed you and picked it up.

When I'm back here this weekend I'll check the Baltimore Pike store and get back to you.

wow man appreciate it, I'll send you money no problem

Apparently though the 23st BB has them now for $72... I called that BB two weeks ago and the guy said they had a few in stock. Then I go to the store the same day and there weren't any left. I called that BB today and asked if they had the case and the lady just gave me the "Uhh I don't think so".... I was in a rush or I would have asked "Can you F**KING check?!?!"

I'll check that BB again tomorrow and get back to you. If the BB down there has the case for cheap and if you're thinking about picking one up, then can you pick one up for me? I'd be more than glad to send you some money . Thanks, again appreciate it greatly.

If you take a ride across the Walt Whitman to the BB in Deptford, NJ, they have the Rocketfish case for $47. I'd have your local store double check their stock of course but it might be worth a ride over for you.

-Jade

The handles work out just fine. The aluminum is not that thin. I have been using these kind of handles in aluminum cases for a long time. It makes this case fun for lan parties. Nothing like bring in a huge beast that is incredibly lite weight. It is pure fun to see people go oh my god that is huge. :D Guys and gals say this. I am not ashamed.:D With all joking aside the handles do just fine. Just make sure to use a big washer to even out the weight.

except they don't know how to....

Oh sweet mercy... stupid high employee turnover. If you ask at Customer Service they should definitely know, if not ask the manager, they should remember. :rolleyes: All they need to do is go into RSS and input the SKU (8428604) and they can pull up a list of all the stores in the area that has stock levels and selling prices.

I checked bestbuy.com and the Deptford store (#579) should have them in stock. They were $47.99 last week when I got mine. Hope this helps.

-Jade

Got mine for 51$. It was marked 47.99 in store. after tax it was a steal. I am ABSOLUTELY in love with this case.

I went by the BB in Charleston SC by the Citadel Mall. They had 3 in stock marked down to 91. I asked the guy there about how they were being listed lower and he checked the other stores and the North Charleston store by Northwoods Mall had 3 in stock for 48. I picked up 1 and there were 2 left. It was suppose to be in stock at the Summerville store but don't know the price.

I like the case. I forgot how nice it was to have room to move as I was in to how small can I go. I need either more quiet fans or I have to get some speed controllers. I am not used the hum of the fans.

One issue I have with the design and I am going to try and figure out another mounting strategy is the power suppy has the fan mounted facing down instead of up. With all the cables doesn't alow for a good deal of air versus facing upwards and being able to move air through.

Picked up one in Augusta, ME tonight. They have 5 listed in the system, and 3 on the shelves before I got mine. Price was $71.99. And yeah the box is huge :eek:

Still someone undecided between this and getting a good deal on an Antec 900, they are just so different.

Bought 2 yesterday for $47.99 each. They had 5 more in stock at the Winchester Store in Memphis, TN.

For the So Cal Dudes
5 in Westminster Mall Best Buy at 51.99
1 in Mission Viejo BB at 47.99
1 in Fullerton BB for 74.99

I was about to pick one up from westminster but got a deal on here for a A05B.
BTW THIS CASE IS HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Best Buy in Florence KY had 4 of them on the shelf and the price was $47.99.

That was on Sunday.

Just picked one of these up. I was in the store just looking to kill time while the GF shopped next door. I spotted a stack of these @ $47. i couldn't pass this up. My Li PC-61 is starting to feel mighty cramped w/ a 9800GTX in it (I didn't realize they were and extra 1.5" longer than a GTS). I plan on ordering some plexi for a custom window soon. So far all I have done is open the box, WOW this thing is HUGE! I'm going to head over to MC to pick up some of those $2 120MM Fans now.

As seen in this thread
and postings by KrylonArt.

I wonder how well these new Lian-Li accessories will play with this box :D I'd love to replace the top panel with one with predrilled holes for three fans and a big ass radiator.

Sorry for the huge pic.

b95f2abb.jpg

Best Buy in Florence KY had 4 of them on the shelf and the price was $47.99.

That was on Sunday.

Best Buy in Temple, TX now showing these as $49.99 on the shelf, not sure how much they scan for. I'm tempted. I really didn't want something this big, but the price is hard to pass up.

Couldn't resist. Albuquerque Cottonwood has 3 more and they are at 47.99! Opened the box and had a good look at the case, and what can I say....impressive. If you are on the fence I would highly recommend picking one up.

Store #174 in Fayetteville, NC has three left for $47.99. Price says $89, but will ring up for the discounted price. Absolutely amazing case for the price :eek:

my buddy was at the Phoenix store(one not near Fry's). said there were 2 on shelf. I think he was there tuesday or wednesday of this week

I bought mine at Panama City, Florida. They had 7 when I went. Were priced $77. Nice case though. Worth every penny.

Auburn Hills, MI still has four left openly priced at $47.99.

They had five, but I bought one to replace my Antec SX-1040B since it's too small depth-wise to accommodate my hard drives and graphics cards. My 8800GT almost hits one of my HD's as it is, and I took advantage of the $199.99 8800GT deal they had (if you buy a game valued at $39.99 or higher) and got Crysis too.

I don't want to hear it about Crysis. :p I bought it only because I want to see how well it plays with SLI.

Back