Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower Case--BestBuy Clearance $71.99

What's the direct model number for this case for the Lian-Li version?

Also, does anyone know which side panel fits on this case?

There is no direct Lian-Li model equivalent for this one. The back cutouts, interior cages, etc. are all highly modular and Lian-Li made this particular combination unique. Don't know if it was their design, Best Buy's requirements, or a collaboration between the two, but nothing else in their product line is exactly the same, at least that I could find after several hours of comparing product photos.

As for compatible side panels, search the thread--there have been many posts with this info.

mine rattles like a motherfucker when i put in a cd or when i coldboot it

I had a lot of rattles and thought it was the front door. Turned out it was the front bezel behind the door. Try tightening/dampening that.

mine rattles like a mother****** when i put in a cd or when i coldboot it

I replaced a very noisy DVD Rom with a newer samsung that is much quieter. If your optical drives are vibrating like crazy at initial spinup, that could cause some case vibration.

This is the one I ordered:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=280&products_id=1029

I was able to get them to reduce shipping. It charges $30 at first, but I contacted them via email and they reduced it. They said that the computer erroneously calculates it as shipping for the whole case, not just the weight of the side panel only.

Got my case today for $48.99 at local BB. With $20 gift cert. was only $32.57 out of pocket. Then got on the Egg and bought 750W PC Power&Cooling PSU for $98.

I replaced a very noisy DVD Rom with a newer samsung that is much quieter. If your optical drives are vibrating like crazy at initial spinup, that could cause some case vibration.

This is the one I ordered:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=280&products_id=1029

I was able to get them to reduce shipping. It charges $30 at first, but I contacted them via email and they reduced it. They said that the computer erroneously calculates it as shipping for the whole case, not just the weight of the side panel only.

I wanted to buy it from them but they never got back to me on that issue so i bought from someone else. :rolleyes:

Picked one up for $0.07 out the door. Gutted it out and am prepping it for a WC setup!

seven cents. Are you smoking something very powerful? :eek:

I thought that too +1
How the heck did you do that ???
Well you may have people on the inside..or something..but how did you do it???

7 cents..open box,broken box..what??? :rolleyes:

There is no direct Lian-Li model equivalent for this one.

Damn. I desperately need to identify a "real" Lian Li case with a door design similar to the Rocketfish. I lost one the little pivots that attaches the door between the L brackets. I started a thread about it here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1345492

The first post has big closeup pictures with a metric ruler in view for sizing.

I currently have a line in with Performance PC's and their supplier Ascent USA. It looks like Ascent is willing to order the part for me but they're asking for a Lian Li case number. That's where I'm stuck.

Is there anyone out there with both a Rocktfish and a real Lian Li who can compare door pivots?

Looks like the PC-A71 on their web site has the same front door design, judging by the vent holes and the center-mounted lock on the visible right edge.

I thought that too +1

It happens.

I used to work at BB and when the store got really desperate to get rid of something, they would drop it down to $5, $1, <$1, or even 1 cent.

I bought handfuls of 1 cent items while I was working there.

We used to clearance HT furniture (shelves/tv stands) for a few bucks. Usually the warehouse employees would buy them up as soon as the clearance tags were printed though since they were the first ones to see them.

Anywho, I managed to snag one of these cases at one of the local BB's last Friday for $49.99. I had the girl look up the SKU in RSS and it showed it was the only one in stock in the entire region. :cool:

Thinking back, I should have pushed for a discount since the box was fairly damaged and looked like it had been previously opened. The case however, was in perfect condition. I was just happy to get a $280 case for $50.

Went with the PC-A71B side panel also known as the W-70B and it works great. I actually have two of these cases with two windows. One for myself and one for my father who wanted one once he saw mine.

I thought that too +1

Haha. I used a 10% off coupon and a $50 gift card. ;) It was not open or broken.

I love this case...just can't stand the raddles. The side panels are secure in th middle b/c the aluminum isn't very thick. I like the look without the door and so I took it off and now its just flat on the front...looks much better IMO

I love this case...just can't stand the raddles. The side panels are secure in th middle b/c the aluminum isn't very thick. I like the look without the door and so I took it off and now its just flat on the front...looks much better IMO

Lian Li has several cases like that. For an even slicker look try the "invisible" optical drive mounting that some guys used. Maybe you've already done that....

I like the look without the door and so I took it off and now its just flat on the front...looks much better IMO
I can't belief I've suffered so long. The case sits on my right hand side and as such, the door always gets in my way. I do actually like the look of the door closed and it's nice to kill the optical drive noise further when ripping. However, I'll never trade temps for aesthetics and that's why the door sits open most of the time.

Today I finally looked down and thought, "Hmm...maybe I'll just take it off?" Not only am I getting used to the look, but I no longer have to worry about banging into the thing with my knee or reaching around for the power button!

I'll look for the link. If you removed the front panel, you might really like the "invisible optical drive mod". It's magic.
Is that where one just puts an empty bay in front of the drive w/ sticky tape? I do like the official Lian Li covers because if you do it right, you can push down on the cover and have it close the drive (cause it hits the button).

I'll try and fix the lighting tomorrow for some pics. (cause we need more!!)

I can't belief I've suffered so long. The case sits on my right hand side and as such, the door always gets in my way. I do actually like the look of the door closed and it's nice to kill the optical drive noise further when ripping. However, I'll never trade temps for aesthetics and that's why the door sits open most of the time.

Today I finally looked down and thought, "Hmm...maybe I'll just take it off?" Not only am I getting used to the look, but I no longer have to worry about banging into the thing with my knee or reaching around for the power button!

Is that where one just puts an empty bay in front of the drive w/ sticky tape? I do like the official Lian Li covers because if you do it right, you can push down on the cover and have it close the drive (cause it hits the button).

I'll try and fix the lighting tomorrow for some pics. (cause we need more!!)

Yeah. Everyone I saw that did it just used one of the included bay covers. They cut of the flaps on the side, and used double sided tape (the thick soft stuff) to mount it to the drive lid, mounted the drive a little farther back, and it truly is invisible. Some people even dremelled or painted an eject symbol on the corner. They also put a little plastic or something on the corner of the bay cover so they could just push the corner of it and it would hit the drive button. It looked pretty tight in all the pictures I've seen. Cheap too.

Does anyone know which Lian Li transparent side panel and 3x rad top panel will fit this case? I contacted Lian Li and they were far from helpful. :rolleyes:

Top: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=2&sc_index=10&ss_index=74

Side: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=2&sc_index=29&ss_index=73

None of the top panels fit, as far as I know. I've seen three members of this forum and members of a couple of other forums purchase different models of top panels. They were all about 1/4 inch too wide. No go.

The side panel has been correctly linked various times in this thread.

This is the one I bought, and where I bought it from:

Don't be frightened by the shipping. I emailed them and they lowered it from like $30 to around $15. Came in and fits PERFECT! Looks amazing too.

Back