Rocket Lake-S prices revealed through retailers

Nightfire

2[H]4U
First look at some prices on Intel's 11th gen CPUs:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/r...lake-refresh-pricing#xenforo-comments-3680496

The i9 prices are crazy at $600, but everything below that looks very reasonable, especially the non-k skus.

If these hold true, AMD should be forced to drop prices on their 5800x and 5600x as they will be going against the 10700f and 10400f ($341 and $176).

Not even the cheaper B550 motherboards will be able to offset that price delta.

It really comes down to how high those locked parts boost. I can see a situation where the 5800x still out performs the 11700 because Intel locked down the boost speeds to maintain the product stack. The 11700k will likely perform slightly better in ST, but slightly worse in MT and is going to be slightly more expensive.

But there doesn't seem to be a very compelling reason to spend $600 on an 8C/16T CPU when you can (in theory) get a 12C/24T CPU for $50 less that is generally in the same ballpark (slightly slower obviously) in ST and dominates in MT.

Since ST and ludicrously fast RAM is what I'm after I'm in the market for this, but let's see how this pans out.

Hmmmm, seems a bit unlikely that Intel have already put out prices to retailers if the product is not launched or in store before March?

It really comes down to how high those locked parts boost. I can see a situation where the 5800x still out performs the 11700 because Intel locked down the boost speeds to maintain the product stack. The 11700k will likely perform slightly better in ST, but slightly worse in MT and is going to be slightly more expensive.

But there doesn't seem to be a very compelling reason to spend $600 on an 8C/16T CPU when you can (in theory) get a 12C/24T CPU for $50 less that is generally in the same ballpark (slightly slower obviously) in ST and dominates in MT.

I'm only interested in these

Core i7-11700K$4558 / 163.616BX8070811700K
Core i7-11700KF$4268 / 163.616BX8070811700KF

Availability is a big issue right now for AMD. IF Intel can put out bunches of these they will sell bunches because AMD can't supply the market. Same as it always is.

Looks like memory overlooking will come to the cheaper Intel boards as well:
https://www.techpowerup.com/277311/intel-gives-memory-overclocking-ability-to-h570-and-b560-chipsets

Combined with 'APE' or 'BFB', which are MCE for cheaper boards, may see some great bang for the buck options from Intel as well.

For $30, I'd probably get the one with the Xe graphics. It's like having a spare video card lying around.

Yea, it's more of a question of availability and performance than anything else. Unless the price is a big difference I always opt for the integrated gpu model (and usually, it's not).

Last edited:
First look at some prices on Intel's 11th gen CPUs:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/r...lake-refresh-pricing#xenforo-comments-3680496

The i9 prices are crazy at $600, but everything below that looks very reasonable, especially the non-k skus.

If these hold true, AMD should be forced to drop prices on their 5800x and 5600x as they will be going against the 10700f and 10400f ($341 and $176).

I highly doubt AMD will lower prices until their CPUs stop flying off the shelves faster than AMD can manufacture them.

I highly doubt AMD will lower prices until their CPUs stop flying off the shelves faster than AMD can manufacture them.

Production may be diverted elsewhere since there is a lack of competition. Here is some more detailed specs:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/i...e-date-specifications-performance-all-we-know

Clock speeds look good on all the SKUs. The CML-refresh line on the bottom of the stack seems completely pointless as they are near identical to last gen parts but may have been created to push people into the newest motherboards as B460 reportedly "doesn't work" with 11th generation cpus. :rolleyes:

11600K should compare favorably against the 5600X.

But you missed out on one thing. AMD purposely created a hole in their lineup where the 3700X used to be. They can conceivably launch the 5700X (8C/16T at $379).

Its the same price as the 10th Gen when it first came out.

Now its a good time to buy 10th Gen.

Someone tell me why the f anyone would buy a 11900K (8C/16T) over a 11700K (8C/16T) for $150 difference? Is it some super binning going on? i9 bragging rights?
Idk 200mhz more from better binning? More cache maybe?

Idk 200mhz more from better binning? More cache maybe?
Cache is the same and base clock is slightly higher on the i7 at the same 125 tdp, so can't imagine binning is terribly better.

There is not much product segmentation at the top end and is probably why many thought the is were going to be 8/12 parts.

microcenter is selling the 10400 for $149

hopefully the 11400 sells for around that price too.

Someone tell me why the f anyone would buy a 11900K (8C/16T) over a 11700K (8C/16T) for $150 difference? Is it some super binning going on? i9 bragging rights?

I had someone buy an i9 10900K (not F) from my store on Sunday.

We actually had 3 pieces of 5800X in stock.

I told him about this.

We also had the 10850K in stock, for $100 less.

He knew this also.

I asked what motherboard he was putting the 10900K on.

He hadn't bought it yet.

He went out of his way to buy the 10900K. He was planning to use the 10900K, and not because he was locked into a mainboard platform.

I had to ask him "why".

"I just want it"

you can lead a horse to water.

microcenter is selling the 10400 for $149

hopefully the 11400 sells for around that price too.

The 10400 sells for that price because it has to.

I think the new 11X00 chips will be pretty good, especially at the low-to-mid range. Intel is trying hard to AVOID the 11400 selling for such a low price.

The 10400 sells for that price because it has to.

I think the new 11X00 chips will be pretty good, especially at the low-to-mid range. Intel is trying hard to AVOID the 11400 selling for such a low price.

$149 isn't an unreasonably low price for a 6 core.

considering a core i3 4/8 is only $99.

4 core $99 should always be the standard, and everything should be proportional to that.

if stupid intel didn't gimp the 11th gen core i3 with a refresh, I'd buy that 4/8.
But I need native hdmi 2.0 and Xe video decoders.
There's no other option.

intel can mop up the low end.

It'll be interesting to see how those locked hexacores compete against the more budget Ryzen 3000s. I don't think they'll be forcing AMD to lower their pricing anytime soon with those low base speeds. 11400 even lower than the 10400. All depends on how gimped the boost is.

doesn't intel turbo usually hold indefinitely with decent cooling?

the only intel chip i have is a 6700hq, and I can hold max turbo all day long.

doesn't intel turbo usually hold indefinitely with decent cooling?

the only intel chip i have is a 6700hq, and I can hold max turbo all day long.

All core turbo is decided by the processor. The motherboard is what determines how long the turbo is for. They generally all core max turbo all day because few motherboard makers adhere to the intel specified defaults.

At least from what I remember

Last edited:
well, if i'm gonna get a mobo, it better support all-day turbo.

The lenovo ryzen 4500U I played with could also do all-day max turbo at 4ghz, despite being a 15w chip.

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i5-11400-6-core-rocket-lake-s-cpu-spotted-on-geekbench

11400 benches leaked, and they're disappointing if priced over $150.

Why do you keep bringing mobile into this? TAU for these cpus is 56 seconds. If the motherboard ignores that, most would co sider it a factory overclock and would not be good with stock cooling.

Why do you keep bringing mobile into this? TAU for these cpus is 56 seconds. If the motherboard ignores that, most would co sider it a factory overclock and would not be good with stock cooling.

i bring up mobile because it should be even less appropriate to hold max turbo, but it does.
I also played with a cheap lenovo ryzen 4300G desktop, and it holds max turbo indefinitely too.

I'm just trying to figure out how likely it is for me to get max power on an intel system, as I haven't built one since the Pentium 4 Northwood.

i bring up mobile because it should be even less appropriate to hold max turbo, but it does.
I also played with a cheap lenovo ryzen 4300G desktop, and it holds max turbo indefinitely too.

I'm just trying to figure out how likely it is for me to get max power on an intel system, as I haven't built one since the Pentium 4 Northwood.
Nobody knows, just wait for the reviews.

i mean current motherboards can give an indication.

do most b460 boards allow all day turbo?

if they do, very likely b560 will as well

I see the 11th Gen has less core/threads.

I do three virtual machine on a PC, is it the good time to get the i9-10850K for $400?

I can't abide 8 cores now but the market is there. It should take the gaming crown. And as CPU stock is, intel should be good for sales.

I mean, if you're going to all day turbo that mobile chip, I doubt it is staying within the 15W window.

i mean current motherboards can give an indication.

do most b460 boards allow all day turbo?

if they do, very likely b560 will as well

Higher end B460 does to some degree. The actual W limit varies by board though. Some will do 225W, some only do 150W (or less). If you're going with the Bx60 board, then you have to do a little research before buying. I went with a Z490 to get the memory and unlimited turbo personally. A mid range Z490 was pretty much the same price as a high end B460.

Edit: Aaaand it turns out that Intel is screwing the B460 owners with no Rocket Lake support on that chipset:
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-c...ll-not-support-11th-gen-core-rocket-lake-cpus

I guess with no more upgrade path from LGA1200, it doesn't really matter for the B560.

Last edited:
The 11600K is going to be $293? Well, the new integrated video must be that good for them to charge an extra $60-$70 for it, I'm gonna get the 10600K and save that extra cash and use the 1650 I have laying around.
Needless to say, the HERO Z590 is ridiculously expensive @ $500, and models that were "entry" level priced between $125-$189 are now in the $250 range, which back in the day the "Deluxe" line was the high-end at $229.
RAM at least has stayed fairly inexpensive for my blood. And 6 Cores n 12 T is way more than enough.

I think it's only $30 more. I think the 10600k was $263 at launch. Obviously the price has dropped with the impending release of 11th gen.

Interesting to see how it matches up with the almost exactly the same priced 5600x.

I'm really not interested in what you think. Do yourself a favor and put me on the ignore list. I did but didn't mean to click view what this member said and this comes up: I think. I think.
See: You are ignoring content by this member.
5600X? The AMD section of the forum is that way (I don't think. I know) ----------------------------------------->

The 10600k was $263 at launch in 1000 CPU quantities and the rumored pricing of the 11600k is $293. In other words, a $30 difference. Are you happy now? I was being generous because I didn't look up the exact number and said, "I think." These are also numbers you could look up yourself before spouting $60-70 difference which flat out isn't accurate.

And since this is a thread NOT created by you asking about price, the price/performance of the competition is relevant as it should be to every one. If you want to masturbate to team blue all night long, that's your prerogative. I say this as I'm typing from a Comet Lake 10700 that I was looking to upgrade to Rocket Lake, so I will continue to research pricing independent of your objections and your condescending bullshit about which forums I should be looking in.

But you have your wish. Another for my ignore list.

11600K should compare favorably against the 5600X.

But you missed out on one thing. AMD purposely created a hole in their lineup where the 3700X used to be. They can conceivably launch the 5700X (8C/16T at $379).

Did you dress down that guy also for having the audacity to mention AMD and a comparison?

Last edited:
32GB 4000mhz C17
Z590 Strix ITX
Monoblock

It's going to run cool and quiet with my stupid, overkill multi Mo-Ra3 loop.

I'm waiting for Alderlake I have a Comet Lake 10850k I figured Battlefield 6 might benefit from having more cores upgraded from a 8700K which I had since Dec 2017. Which was the last chip I got from Intel Retail Edge program. I need to get motivated and sell some of this stuff. Hate running down to the post office. I have 7 monitors I need to ditch two of them loose my ass on shipping.

Last edited:
hot damn

the i5 11400 will be $220

that's a big premium over the $160 10400

I might have totally wrong figures but it looks to me like the changes from 10400F, 10400 & 10500 to 11400F, 11400 & 11500 are $19, $23 & $25 (in US dollars).

I might have totally wrong figures but it looks to me like the changes from 10400F, 10400 & 10500 to 11400F, 11400 & 11500 are $19, $23 & $25 (in US dollars).

That's probably closer to reality. The $60 difference cited above is probably due to a closeout price rather than the initial launch price.

Back