Rockband 2 COMPLETE Bundle (360/PS3) $110 + Free $25 GC @ Toys R Us

Closest store to me opens at 7am, i'm just gonna head down to check it out. But this is a day old so they might have all sold out yesterday:(

Price mistake. There is a thread @ Slick deals that says the head honchos @ TRU are aware of this mistake, and they WILL NOT honor this.

Not a price mistake. Picked 1 up for PS3 rangup as 109.00, was 117 with tax and I got a 25 dollar gift card. If it is a mistake they are honoring it as of right now. Oh and toysrus was open all night last night it seems and the athens store had a ton of wiis. Was kind of funny because the best buy next door had a line a mile long and no one was in toys r us.

I went by the local TRU and they were honoring it, but were out of stock. Wal-Mart price-matched it for me, minus the gift card.

got me one for xbox.. called ahead and had them hold it for me.. lucky I did as it seemed everyone was asking for one

Well, picked up 4 Soul Bubble games for DS ($10 but $10 gift card right back) and 3 rock band 2's. Used all GCs right away except for last one.

This TRU had like 20+ left.

Went to my local Toy'R'Us in Chino Hills, CA and they did honor the ad price. I bought three bundles and paid $118.51 each after tax with three $25 gift cards.

Thanks one30eight!

If you missed it like I did, there are plenty of scalpers on craigslist that also bought multiple copies. In my area I stopped counting after 15+ new listings. Good luck on those that try to turn a profit on these. Great deal for those for personal use.

Friend went to wal mart and they price matched it, no gift card. Since the sale is running today also you should be able to get it PMed at walmart if you still want one and TRU is out

something to note is that the gift card is for up until the end of Jan 09 only.

Friend went to wal mart and they price matched it, no gift card. Since the sale is running today also you should be able to get it PMed at walmart if you still want one and TRU is out

how did u price match it if its not in stock? or did you just show the ad?

how did u price match it if its not in stock? or did you just show the ad?

Some stores check and others don't. I went to Circuit City first and they wouldn't since TRU was out of stock, but Wal-Mart didn't check.

Picked one up at Walmart In FT.Worth, TX today on pricematch no gift card either and it took forever to get a csm to the register.

I went to my local TRU and went to take a look. Price tag was $189.99 + free $25 gift card. Asked the sales person with the store flyer in hand and they confirmed it is $109 + free $25 GC.

I brought the box over to checkout and the register rang up as $189.99 then an $80 promo discount then the cashier rang up a $25 gift card and discounted that as a promo as well. Walked out the door paying $117.69 no questions asked.

This is located in East Brunswick, NJ

My coworker bought it at Best Bbuy on Saturday. He went to ToysR Us to check stock but they were out. So he went back to Best Buy and got a price match that meant $93 returned to him.

My local TrU was out of stock by yesterday evening but Best Buy did a price match (did not get any credit for the $25 card). Paid $109.00 + tax with no hassle whatsoever. Thx for the heads up!

Hazlet and Eatontown NJ TRUs still have tons of the PS3 special editions but no 360 versions, I think I got the last one at Eatontown. Bestbuy refused to pricematch, they said their corporate wouldnt allow it. I got the managers business card and will rip them a new one later today if other stores really are honoring this. It's a great deal even without the gift cert but my nephews are getting a great gift now that I hadnt even considered and I'm halfway to having Killzone2 paid for when it comes out now =)

Buy one of the PS3 ones from TRU @ $109, then drive next door to Walmart and return it without receipt for $189. They'll likely give you a hard time (no receipt = in store credit, etc), but if you're nice enough about it and give a good enough story, you'll prevail. So, for a few minutes of your time, you'll spend just over a hundred bucks to get a two hundred dollar in-store credit for Walmart and a $25 gift card for TRU.

I suppose if you can get one store to price match the ad, you could then do the same thing by returning it to another store without receipt. You'll miss out on the $25 gift card, but will still profit $80 plus tax. Some stores like Walmart require your driver's license when returning big ticket items like that, but you could do it once or twice to different stores and make a couple hundred bucks if you're willing to push this far. Besides, if Walmart or whatever store is persistent and won't let you return the item, you could always take it back to TRU or whoever pricematched and get your money back with receipt and be out nothing but some time.

Not bad for 30 mins worth of effort!

Buy one of the PS3 ones from TRU @ $109, then drive next door to Walmart and return it without receipt for $189. They'll likely give you a hard time (no receipt = in store credit, etc), but if you're nice enough about it and give a good enough story, you'll prevail.

yeaaaaaaaaa... that's cool. :rolleyes: -- and those of us who actually WANT rock band...

Buy one of the PS3 ones from TRU @ $109, then drive next door to Walmart and return it without receipt for $189. They'll likely give you a hard time (no receipt = in store credit, etc), but if you're nice enough about it and give a good enough story, you'll prevail. So, for a few minutes of your time, you'll spend just over a hundred bucks to get a two hundred dollar in-store credit for Walmart and a $25 gift card for TRU.

I suppose if you can get one store to price match the ad, you could then do the same thing by returning it to another store without receipt. You'll miss out on the $25 gift card, but will still profit $80 plus tax. Some stores like Walmart require your driver's license when returning big ticket items like that, but you could do it once or twice to different stores and make a couple hundred bucks if you're willing to push this far. Besides, if Walmart or whatever store is persistent and won't let you return the item, you could always take it back to TRU or whoever pricematched and get your money back with receipt and be out nothing but some time.

Not bad for 30 mins worth of effort!

This is not cool nor right. :mad:

yeaaaaaaaaa... that's cool. :rolleyes: -- and those of us who actually WANT rock band...

I was gonna say - this is why we can't have nice things. :(

I'm gonna check out the local TRU today though - I doubt they'll still have any in stock, but SOMEONE I know must be able to use RB2 as a gift at this price.

....but SOMEONE I know must be able to use RB2 as a gift at this price.

I could use RB2 as a gift. I've been extra good this year. :D:p

On topic: I called my local Toys R Us and they told me none were in stock for PS3 or 360. Well, I went down there for something unrelated and saw a few PS3 version RB2s sitting there. It seems my local store has decided to tell a little white lie to anyone that calls checking on stock.

Yup, they are all doing that. Don't call, go look for yourself and especially check the overhead overstock racks.

I was gonna say - this is why we can't have nice things. :(

I'm gonna check out the local TRU today though - I doubt they'll still have any in stock, but SOMEONE I know must be able to use RB2 as a gift at this price.

I picked one up for my sister who has been wanting this game since the first one came out. This benefits me as well because I'll just be able to come over and play any time I want :D

went yesterday, out of stock here :( BB no longer price matches it cuz corporate said so, CC doesn't PM TRU. NOOOo

picked up 2 on the post oak location in houston. 2 more xboxes and like 5 ps3 on the shelf left. no giftcard match however.

I guess you mean at best buy, not at Toys R Us, since I don't remember a Toys R Us on Post Oak.

picked up the last one at my Toys R US last week in duluth, ga......man was that a deal!!!!

thanks op!

Back