Rob's HTPC Setup (CableCard, Touchscreen LCD, etc..) PICS!

Sorry to bring up such an old post, but I am a avid Xbox 360 Collector, and I have been doing some Research on the Nieves Media Extender Edge, there is Virtually no info online about it, they do not tell you anywhere that they shoved a Xbox 360 inside one, I managed to buy one a couple months ago for my collection, I was very curious if you still had these missing photos? and very importantly, I am wondering if you have any paperwork or pamphlets from those machines you could show me? I run a website documenting the xbox 360 and its bizarre items and I would love to have more documentation from the company about them. Thank you

Attachments

• 127853389_208553924071692_6312233388652155739_n.jpg
    127853389_208553924071692_6312233388652155739_n.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 127904531_184694619912449_9010650422540070145_n.jpg
    127904531_184694619912449_9010650422540070145_n.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 0
  • 128088910_382184619703078_6149503537400861975_n.jpg
    128088910_382184619703078_6149503537400861975_n.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 0
Nov 2020 Update:

I'm moving soon!!!! Thank god I didn't upgrade to a HDMI Matrix Switch setup lol

11.jpg

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for the photos! its so cool to see 1 more of these niche products, can you tell me where you bought it? Was it in a magazine, did you have to go to a special retailer? I cannot find any advertisements for this.
I do own one myself, I am part of a xbox collecting community, this is the 4th known niveus EDGE we have seen.
Looks like you are a busy guy atm but if you ever want to sell that please let me know!
do you have any paperwork or booklets for this thing you can get photos of?

Thank you for the photos! its so cool to see 1 more of these niche products, can you tell me where you bought it? Was it in a magazine, did you have to go to a special retailer? I cannot find any advertisements for this.
I do own one myself, I am part of a xbox collecting community, this is the 4th known niveus EDGE we have seen.
Looks like you are a busy guy atm but if you ever want to sell that please let me know!
do you have any paperwork or booklets for this thing you can get photos of?

I bought mine on eBay 7- 8 Years ago. My favorite HTPC Company back in 2010 was Niveus Media so I bought a lot of their stuff. I have no documentation, boxes.

I might be interested in selling it. DM me

Sorry to bring up such an old post, but I am a avid Xbox 360 Collector, and I have been doing some Research on the Nieves Media Extender Edge, there is Virtually no info online about it, they do not tell you anywhere that they shoved a Xbox 360 inside one, I managed to buy one a couple months ago for my collection, I was very curious if you still had these missing photos? and very importantly, I am wondering if you have any paperwork or pamphlets from those machines you could show me? I run a website documenting the xbox 360 and its bizarre items and I would love to have more documentation from the company about them. Thank you
Any chance you may let us know the website? Sound interesting - I've long liked this era of console tech and development :)

Thank you Rob I will message you, I am going to see if a museum wants to buy it first before i take on another :)
and this is our website Jeremy, https://wiki.alphaarchive.net/wiki/Niveus_Media_Extender_Edge
we are also on discord which is where we do all our chatting! What we do is preserve old development hardware and early builds of old video games, to explore and find cut/ hidden or other crazy things left behind by developers

I bought mine on eBay 7- 8 Years ago. My favorite HTPC Company back in 2010 was Niveus Media so I bought a lot of their stuff. I have no documentation, boxes.

I might be interested in selling it. DM me
Seems I am unable to start a message with you, can you start one with me?

Made a 180 and decided to keep my house....

This is the only TV in the house. Remodeling in progress........

sss.jpg

This is the first time I've ever seen this topic, but that transformation looks incredible. I love the colors and the layout you've chosen. Hope you will thoroughly enjoy it!

6-8-2022: In other news.... I've been living in my garage backhouse for a few months. Meanwhile I had plumbing pipe break causing a leak / flood out in the front house. Everything is covered by insurance thankfully.

1.jpg
333.jpg

I think I'm done with the crazy multi-TV setups, Multiple HTPC's... as I get older this stuff means less and less to me (I will be 40 this October) I've been using a NVIDIA Sheild and it's been great! Clean interface, could play games, Live TV, stream from my PC + more. THE HTPC IS DEAD!!!! Might make a home theater though with a projector setup. More info later....

I think I'm done with the crazy multi-TV setups, Multiple HTPC's... as I get older this stuff means less and less to me (I will be 40 this October) I've been using a NVIDIA Sheild and it's been great! Clean interface, could play games, Live TV, stream from my PC + more. THE HTPC IS DEAD!!!! Might make a home theater though with a projector setup. More info later....

Been rocking Shields since 2015 as my steamer specifically for GameStream along with media apps. Used to rock a full on spare parts second gaming PC in living room before lol.

Also did WMC from 2006-2018. R.I.P. 🙏

Use Moonlight instead of official app if you're gonna do GameStream. Works better with HDR games and gets updated more and just overall better IMO

Been rocking Shields since 2015 as my steamer specifically for GameStream along with media apps. Used to rock a full on spare parts second gaming PC in living room before lol.

Also did WMC from 2006-2018. R.I.P. 🙏

Use Moonlight instead of official app if you're gonna do GameStream. Works better with HDR games and gets updated more and just overall better IMO
Rip windows media center with cable card indeed... :(.

Rob Black moving to a projector is amazing if you can fit a big screen. I'm in-between setups at the moment and eyeing a 120" screen w/ ust 4k 120hz 3 laser projector next year.

I just run Plex with my HDHR Prime with CableCard for the basic Xfinity package I get as part of my HOA fees

Here and at my old place luckily I never had any copy once or copy never content to worry about

I stuck with WMC for so long because everything else was more hackish and nowhere near as polished for DVR - I loved my setup WMC server upstairs > Xbox 360 extenders all over, only extender worth it imo 👌

I miss the old Sports Strip though, do you guys remember that? Where it showed you scores of games in progress and you could click it and it would take you to the tuner feed of that game? I wish Plex DVR had something like that.

Last edited:
I used to run a direct TV tivo 20+ years ago. I switched back to cable, tried a tivo series 3 HD but wanted more tuners so I tried a wmc setup using the infinitv 4 and loved it. However, when the tivo series xl4 came out I decided to hop back, and have used it ever since. It's trucked along marvelously and I bought lifetime service when I first got it so I've come out way ahead there. Once the tivo goes ill probably move to streaming and lean more on my blu-ray collection.

8-12-2022 Update

House remodel complete! Created a Junior ADU inside the main house

Attachments

• House 2.jpg
    House 2.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 1
  • House1.jpg
    House1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 1
  • House3.jpg
    House3.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 1
Received a rental offer I couldn't refuse on my home, so I decided to rent it out. I will remain living in a 400 square foot ADU located behind my house. Gone are the plans of a PC gaming room, Dedicated home theater. Oh well, money talks....

Need to downsize. Going through my shed and I have a lot of shit....

Attachments

• PC1.jpg
    PC1.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PC3.jpg
    PC3.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 1
  • PC4.jpg
    PC4.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 1
try to sell those niveus pseudo xbox 360 wmc extenders on thegreenbutton.tv

i always wanted one of those when i was still with wmc

way too much stuff for one man's HTPC adventures - you should have ditched the old crap a decade ago, and replaced it all with HD Homerun (supposedly they can accept cable cards), plus plex.

Either view it on your fire tv on multiple TVs , or have a single HTPC to control things with. I can use my phone to control my Roku, so there's always that as a replacement for your touchscreen.

Last edited:
way too much stuff for one man's HTPC adventures - you should have ditched the old crap a decade ago, and replaced it all with HD Homerun (supposedly they can accept cable cards), plus plex.

Either view it on your fire tv on multiple TVs , or have a single HTPC to control things with. I can use my phone to control my Roku, so there's always that as a replacement for your touchscreen.

I ditched the HTPC about a year ago and been using the nvidia shield. I no longer have the crazy multi-screen TV setup. Just 1 TV and the shield... Life is simpler now lol

Rob Black you want a new addiction add Hue Strips for gaming and works for some fullscreen movies otherwise just use as 6500k bias backlight

I have a 75 inch strip in my 75 TV, 55 inch strip in the 50 inch (here with Zero Dark 30), and 3 Play Bars on the 27 inch monitor. Along with other lights in the rooms being part of it.

The Shield can control them using Hue Apps on the Play Store instead of also having to buy a Hue Play Sync Box.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AsixmKTBCRMVHq5v8

Here it is as just 6500k backlight

805CB60B-8E29-490D-945A-77E73EFA405F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back