Rob's HTPC Setup (CableCard, Touchscreen LCD, etc..) PICS!

Here are a few picture updates

1. Last weekend I finished the frame for rack #2. (Need to add drywall/mud)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Mounted the kitchen Touch Panel (Just need to add molding around it)

3. Here is the shot of my outside TV (Need to clean the wires up)

4. Added another TV to my Computer/Media room with 5 In ceiling speakers (Bringing my total of flat screens to 7)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks nice, i like that molding.... my 2nd touch screen is sitting on my floor still not installed....

now, my iPad is getting as much use as my in wall screen :D

how are you protecting your TV outside?

Touch Panel in action :D

img0274n.jpg

I have one of these Elo panels..looks like the same one you have. How did you mount it securely to your wall?

That is sweet. But does it do live TV? I dont see TV button at the bottom?

Tons of updates to share (Not right now, but later)

Here's is 2 teaser shot's

Rack #2 Complete!

Video Wall Complete!

More to come :D

Bleh if I only had a stack of gold coins as well.. Est cost of all that? 15 thousand or so I guess?

What are you using for distribution and control of all the tvs and sources?

Are they all separately controlled?

This is getting to be a big project.

Where is that video wall and what size monitors/tvs?

What are you using to remotely control the xboxes? IR blasters? I'm assuming you use them as extenders and distribute via. hdmi over cat6.

What are you using for distribution and control of all the tvs and sources?

Are they all separately controlled?

This is getting to be a big project.

Where is that video wall and what size monitors/tvs?

I have a 3x5 Component Matrix Switch tying everything together, The TV's are 32" Units I got from Best Buy. For control I am using a URC MX-980 along with a MSC400 & URC MRF-350 RF Base Station. I found a programmer Craiglist to program my system.

Everything was working great up till last month, the remote stop sending RF signals :(

What are you using to remotely control the xboxes? IR blasters? I'm assuming you use them as extenders and distribute via. hdmi over cat6.

I am using a URC MX-980 along with a MSC400 & URC MRF-350 RF Base Station.

My setup is component, not HDMI

@Rob

Did you get your RF working? Do you need the CCP software to fix it? If so send me a PM.

@Rob

Did you get your RF working? Do you need the CCP software to fix it? If so send me a PM.

No I haven't fixed it yet.

I already have the software but haven't had time to troubleshoot it. I think the problem is with my MSC-400 (its been working intermittently until last month then it stopped working all together), to make a long story short I bought the MSC-400 on eBay and it arrived damaged, like if someone dropped it (There was a dent on it) I was unable to get a refund so now I'm stuck with it. I'm kinda upset because I paid $325 for it and now it might need to be replaced (I was told from a local installer that the whole system will need to be reprogrammed if that's the case) I paid $400 to get the system program. So now I'm out $725 :(

Its my fault because I bought a "Professional Remote/control System"

lesson learned :mad:

yeah i hate that some companies wont allow end users to configure their remotes..... i choose not to buy form them and get the best I can at the consumer end. its a bummer

looks great, what is driving the LCDs?

They plug into my 3x5 Component Matrix switch. The 3 inputs are

1. HTPC
2. Niveus Edge Extender
3. Security System DVR (From Monoprice, need to buy)

Outputs are

1. Kitchen
2. Living room top left
3. Living top right
4. Living Room main
5. Computer Room

Any more updates Rob?

Yes.

My goal is to finish this project by September [Which will be 3 years in the making] Here is the remaining part list that I need to purchase.

1. AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Bridgeable Stereo Power Amplifier [For Kitchen]
2. Three XBOX360’s [one for Rack #1, one for Dad’s room, one for garage]
3. Two HDHR Prime Tuners
4. Ceton Tuner [Already ordered 2 weeks ago from Fluid Digital]
5. Subwoofer for living room
6. Three Universal MRF-350 RF Base Stations [One will replace the MSC400]
7. I’m going to attempt to program the system myself; I have all the software and a few guides.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
YES, I already invested too much time and $$$ on the remotes to switch control systems. I would really like a whole house ipad remote but that's not going to happen. :(

Yea thats what i want too, but i cant seem to find anything that integrates with 7MC very well.
Have you come across anything?

My movies with the mce remote works well.

But for ir stuff the global cache networked IR controllers are the way to go.

That and the ip based MCE control commands and you can build your own iPad remote.

I might do it with HomeSeer as that is what I have controlling my house, but media lobby is another option.

HSTouch is a blank slate that you can develop on, but it is going to require scripting and good UI skills

My movies with the mce remote works well.

But for ir stuff the global cache networked IR controllers are the way to go.

That and the ip based MCE control commands and you can build your own iPad remote.

I might do it with HomeSeer as that is what I have controlling my house, but media lobby is another option.

HSTouch is a blank slate that you can develop on, but it is going to require scripting and good UI skills

The MyMovies remote cannot turn on device like TV's, AVR's right?

Back