Robots Keep the Homeless Away in San Francisco

I live in Downtown Phoenix, AZ. The area near my place has had a major homeless problem for years. Many groups an individuals have TRIED to help them over the years. Mental health rehab, and job services have been offered to get these people out of their situations, shelters were set up, people drop off food and water, and the local churches do what they can. The truth is, a lot of these people don't want to be helped! They don't want to do anything at all. So they just lay around pissing and shitting on everything, leaving piles of trash all over the place and generally just wasting their lives away. My point is, you cant help them if they don't want to be helped.

Can't stress this enough. I'm no homeless psychology expert, but I can tell you from volunteer work that the vast majority of these folks (at least in the LA area) are happy to take hand-outs to get them to the next meal, next day, or next <insert drug> fix. But they're not interested in accepting long-term assistance in the form of permanent housing and employment. The hand-outs let them live their care-free addict life to the point that many aren't even grateful for the aid they get, they actually behave like they're entitled to it!

So I agree, that many - not all - are not actually interested in long-term quality of life aid / resources (e.g. a permanent housing with working plumbing and electricity, employment, etc.), but they'll still suck the city/state dry given the opportunity.

Last edited:
Goes to show you that people care more about pets and animals than their fellow man.....put the pets in shelters but shoo the homeless away to continue living on the street. o_O Seems a bit backwards to me
If folks here don't recognize the SCPA as the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, they may be missing the most remarkable part of this. (I saw "SCPA campus in San Francisco" and assumed it was some kind of junior college or something.)

Too bad all these homeless folks aren't cats or dogs; the animal shelter would feed and house them for free, and try to find them a permanent home instead of chasing them around with robots.

If folks here don't recognize the SCPA as the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, they may be missing the most remarkable part of this. (I saw "SCPA campus in San Francisco" and assumed it was some kind of junior college or something.)

Too bad all these homeless folks aren't cats or dogs; the animal shelter would feed and house them for free, and try to find them a permanent home instead of chasing them around with robots.

It's ironic, even the SPCA do not want the homeless.

I live in a area with lots of homeless. They have built their Shanty towns right in front of my house since its a dirt field. I have had to call the cops a few times. The last time was the day after Thanksgiving and they were saying weird shit to my kids as we got out of the car. I called the cops and when they rolled up he had a needle sticking out of his arm. The guy also had multiple warrents. I had to clean the shit up that included rusty hacksaws, needles and somehow they got these huge plastic bins there to make the "home".

I feel bad for the homeless but a lot of them don't want to help themselves and really that's where it needs to start.

I live in a area with lots of homeless. They have built their Shanty towns right in front of my house since its a dirt field. I have had to call the cops a few times. The last time was the day after Thanksgiving and they were saying weird shit to my kids as we got out of the car. I called the cops and when they rolled up he had a needle sticking out of his arm. The guy also had multiple warrents. I had to clean the shit up that included rusty hacksaws, needles and somehow they got these huge plastic bins there to make the "home".

I feel bad for the homeless but a lot of them don't want to help themselves and really that's where it needs to start.

The rich guy living in a high rise condo wants to tell you that you are a racist for calling the cops and you should be ashamed for not giving more of your taxes to help these people who are in this position due to the patriarchy.

Next time you are applying for jobs, in the space where it asked for an address put "Homeless" and see how it goes. Be sure to look and smell homeless when you show up too.

The rich guy living in a high rise condo wants to tell you that you are a racist for calling the cops and you should be ashamed for not giving more of your taxes to help these people who are in this position due to the patriarchy.

why do you folks go to such lengths to twist yourself into the victim?

fuck the homeless guy, someone might call me racist, I am the real victim here. Seriously?

Better watch out, you cleaning up their stuff you can't throw it away because it's "their stuff".

I know how you feel though, yesterday I took my just under 2 year old to Union Square to see the Christmas tree, and strangely enough the SPCA windows at Macy's, walked past a rather large black fellow with a coffee cup asking for change on the corner literally everyone crossing the block, I just walk by him with my kid in my arms and he calls me an asshole for walking by, like for whatever reason fucking singled me out. Now that alone did not make me want to Soylent Green all the homeless, but it does make me want to Soylent Green all the homeless like that guy and then lets reevaluate the state of homelessness and "caring" afterwards.

Jesus christ, and you folks call liberals snowflakes.

You're life is awesome compared to a dude living in a box, but he was mean to you so let's cull em.

Merry Christmas, good lesson to teach your kid on the way to see the tree of giving.

Did the processing of Soylent Green clear out impurities?

3afe6c63f346e2afc08bd7631b420842--soylent-green-remember-this.jpg

Who knows if he was living in a box, I'm not sure what city you live in, but around here everyone with their hand out asking for some change aren't homeless.

And yes cull everyone who's being mean and trying to be intimidating towards people because they don't get what they want.

And what lesson was I supposed to teach? Give everyone whatever money I have because they ask for it. Yup that's some good life lessons and no one is ever going to take advantage of that at all said absolutely no one.

And tree of giving? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA alright, you're a funny guy.

so the tree that gives people presents isn't a symbol of giving because it makes you uncomfortable?

You held your child close when a man asked you for money then you said the man deserved to be killed for it on the internet later because he was rude to you. And now you turned the season of giving into the season of scumbags asking for handouts, but it's cool man, because you are sure he wasn't actually living in a box, you know because all homeless people are fool of shit because some of them are.

Physics huh? Must not take the logic it used to.

Look in the mirror and stop pretending you are something you aren't.

Merry Christmas.

I think he was assuming your "modest proposal" was satirical. You know, a little more Johnathan Swift and a little less Adolf Hitler.
Indeed I was.
Next time you are applying for jobs, in the space where it asked for an address put "Homeless" and see how it goes. Be sure to look and smell homeless when you show up too.

You're right. All homeless people should just give up, not try, sit around and wait for the next free handout. Rinse and repeat the rest of their life.

You're right. All homeless people should just give up, not try, sit around and wait for the next free handout. Rinse and repeat the rest of their life.

You're right, they all deserve to be homeless and looked down on because you don't want to deal with any of it.

Don't worry though, more people are about to deserve it with the tax cuts getting pushed through, all while the fed raised rates, it will totally not create any more homeless people that deserve to be homeless.

Merry christmas.

Be sure no one in your family asked for any handouts from santa.

Shouldn't you be out there saving all the homeless instead of on here trying to shame everyone?

By all means continue to shit on those less fortunate than yourself and then doing anything you can to justify it when someone points it out.

It's fucking christmas and you folks are on here bashing homeless people. punch up for the love of fucking god. this is disgusting.

By all means continue to shit on those less fortunate than yourself and then doing anything you can to justify it when someone points it out.

It's fucking christmas and you folks are on here bashing homeless people. punch up for the love of fucking god. this is disgusting.

You don't like the thread gfto?

I can post here just like anyone else.
You don't like someone pointing out your immoral behavior maybe don't be immoral?

I know that's a super hard concept.

FU, I don't like ppl like you telling me what morality is, ya.

Well thinking it's moral to shit on homeless people is pretty fucked up. Someone should have spent more of your life teaching you what was or wasn't immoral because you clearly do not know.

People like me? You mean people who try to help others going down a terrible path. Yup, people like me are such awful people.

Well thinking it's moral to shit on homeless people is pretty fucked up. Someone should have spent more of your life teaching you what was or wasn't immoral because you clearly do not know.

Again, go fuck yourself thinking and implying whatever I'm doing or not doing is fucked up just because you think you're on some moral soapbox.

Again, go fuck yourself thinking and implying whatever I'm doing or not doing is fucked up just because you think you're on some moral soapbox.

You are shitting on homeless people. and now you are shitting on me.

While you throw a hissy fit about how moral you think you are.

Okay bud.

merry christmas

I went ahead and placed you on my ignore list. I won't point out when you do something immoral ever again. Good luck with all that.

Okay bud.

merry christmas

I went ahead and placed you on my ignore list. I won't point out when you do something immoral ever again. Good luck with all that.

Nice, now gfto.

Okay bud.

merry christmas

I'm going to make a wild guess that you don't live in an area with lots of homeless people and if you do you have enough money where you don't have to see/deal with it anyways.

If you think we're such assholes why don't you show us your creds and go out there and start housing/clothing/feeding all these homeless people with your own time/money at your own family's expense.

People are giving you shit because yelling at us for being assholes doesn't change the fact that you can talk the talk all you want, but unless you action on all that talk you just look like the rest of these limousine liberals preaching about how 'colorful' and 'wonderful' homeless people are yet they don't have to deal with the fucking problem.

Even worse is you've got people like Bill Gates with billions of dollars who could help the homeless people in the US - But instead chooses to send a good portion of that money to some African shit hole. This is the type of stuff that really makes me angry. So don't get angry at us for being angry at rich people who aren't doing anything to help the situation but then tell us we need to do more. It's laughable when you've got all these rich 'progressives' dumping so much of their money and tax payer dollars outside the country when our own country still has tons of problems.

Last edited:
I certainly care more about pets than homeless vagrants. I might agree with you if homeless people did no harm, cleaned up after themselves, and were not prone to criminal activity, but homeless people are not harmless. They leave trash everywhere, piss and shit all over the place, and they approach you begging for handouts and get insulted when you refuse. Wtf gives them the right to approach me begging for money and then get pissy when I refuse? Some are on the streets due to mental problems, but most are either druggies, alchoholics, or people who just don't want to work. The homeless people that genuinely want help to stand on their own two feet will be able to find it, but they have to want to help themselves. Most apparently don't. Fine, they made their choices but leave me out of it.
Have you evr given a homeless person money in your life? What if that 50 cents was just enough for that guy to pay for a meal ( I get it, a lot of homeless people will go buy alcohol or drugs with money). How about offer to buy the guy / girl a meal and see much much it means to them. Be smarter with your decisions when dealing with homeless, don't give them exactly what they want ask them if they want a burger or better yet go buy them a burger and offer it to them. I DARE YOU TO TRY IT.

Have you evr given a homeless person money in your life? What if that 50 cents was just enough for that guy to pay for a meal ( I get it, a lot of homeless people will go buy alcohol or drugs with money). How about offer to buy the guy / girl a meal and see much much it means to them. Be smarter with your decisions when dealing with homeless, don't give them exactly what they want ask them if they want a burger or better yet go buy them a burger and offer it to them. I DARE YOU TO TRY IT.

When I used to work in downtown Chicago I tried this a couple of times. This one guy I did it for literally was holding a sign saying he needed money for food. I asked him what type of food he wanted me to buy for him and he basically told me to go fuck myself.

I'll point out that he was wearing some fairly expensive at the time Sean John jeans/jacket/etc and likely didn't actually have money issues and instead begging was just his full time job which makes sense because he pockets the earnings without reporting it as income and then lives in entitlement housing along with receiving other welfare entitlements.

I'm going to make a wild guess that you don't live in an area with lots of homeless people and if you do you have enough money where you don't have to see/deal with it anyways.

If you think we're such assholes why don't you show us your creds and go out there and start housing/clothing/feeding all these homeless people with your own time/money at your own family's expense.

People are giving you shit because yelling at us for being assholes doesn't change the fact that you can talk the talk all you want, but unless you action on all that talk you just look like the rest of these limousine liberals preaching about how 'colorful' and 'wonderful' homeless people are yet they don't have to deal with the fucking problem.

Even worse is you've got people like Bill Gates with billions of dollars who could help the homeless people in the US - But instead chooses to send a good portion of that money to some African shit hole. This is the type of stuff that really makes me angry. So don't get angry at us for being angry at rich people who aren't doing anything to help the situation but then tell us we need to do more. It's laughable when you've got all these rich 'progressives' dumping so much of their money and tax payer dollars outside the country when our own country still has tons of problems.

It's christmas, the time of year for thinking about others and doing for others.

You're online bitching about homeless people during a time of year where it's extra super doucher.

Whataboutism doesn't change that. We are in the 12 days of christmas and you folks are talking/acting awful to/about the worst off of all of us. It's not right. I'm sorry, I was raised different than this.

It's christmas, the time of year for thinking about others and doing for others.

You're online bitching about homeless people during a time of year where it's extra super doucher.

Whataboutism doesn't change that. We are in the 12 days of christmas and you folks are talking/acting awful to the worst off of all of us. It's not right. I'm sorry, I was raised different than this.

Your virtue signalling is pretty meaningless on here bud. If you were 'raised different' you should prove us all wrong and show us how much money you've donated and/or how much time you've donated at the local soup kitchen.

Have you even dropped a toy in the toys for tots bin? I betcha you haven't.

So don't bring this moral superiority 'because it's Christmas' bullshit in here.

When I used to work in downtown Chicago I tried this a couple of times. This one guy I did it for literally was holding a sign saying he needed money for food. I asked him what type of food he wanted me to buy for him and he basically told me to go fuck myself.

I'll point out that he was wearing some fairly expensive at the time Sean John jeans/jacket/etc and likely didn't actually have money issues and instead begging was just his full time job which makes sense because he pockets the earnings without reporting it as income and then lives in entitlement housing along with receiving other welfare entitlements.
I've done some volunteering in Chicago in the past I fully understand what happens ( have had similar experiences) but that doesn't mean that a few bad experiences should make people stop helping......where would be if everyone in the world had this rational? I'm just saying that people care about other things more than others. Hell people don't even help their own family members anymore....

Goes to show you that people care more about pets and animals than their fellow man.....put the pets in shelters but shoo the homeless away to continue living on the street. o_O Seems a bit backwards to me

You do know that after a certain time period, most shelters just gas the animals, right? You in league with DrLobotomy?

I've done some volunteering in Chicago in the past I fully understand what happens ( have had similar experiences) but that doesn't mean that a few bad experiences should make people stop helping......where would be if everyone in the world had this rational? I'm just saying that people care about other things more than others. Hell people don't even help their own family members anymore....

This is why I donate money/time in ways that makes it harder for the people being helped to game the system.

Unfortunately the bad people do ruin folks mindset when handing out money, and i'm not sure handing out money has much benefit in most cases given the high likely-hood of the clown gaming the system taking it.

It's not virtue signalling, jesus fuckign christ.
spewing bullshit alt right terms doesn't change anything.

It's absurd that you think the guy pointing out that shitting on homeless people during christmas time is super douchy is the one doing wrong and not the people high fiving each other while they talk about shitting on homeless people.

Hey dude this guy says shitting on homeless people is wrong, Let's ridicule him.

Absolutely fucking immoral.

Merry christmas, good day.

To what end would giving them ANYTHING help them? All it does is encourage them to keep begging. Even feeding them has become a problem the same way as feeding wild animals is a problem. If you keep feeding them, they keep coming back for more. These are simply people that want to live a life of being a parasite on society. Fine, but there are consequences to their decisions and enablers aren't doing them any favors. Giving them a meal makes you "feel good", but does nothing in the end to help them anymore than if you had simply ignored them.

And yes, in my younger more naive years I did give them a dollar here, a spare taco I wasn't going to eat there, you know what stopped me? When one guy I gave some food to asked me "is that all you white people have these days? How about some change so I can get something to drink?". The prick wasn't thankful, he was a total entitled asshole (racist too but that didn't bother me so much). Here I was giving him food FOR FREE and he wanted more. I found out that my scenario is not unique and is becoming more and more common as the homeless population grows.

Back