Robots 'Invade' Starwood Hotels

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sure, this robotic butler thing sounds great and all....until they decide to turn on us and KILL US ALL!

Forget your toothpaste? Need more towels? How about a late-night chocolate bar? All guests of the hotel have to do is call the front desk, where staff will load up the Botlr with requested items, punch in the guest's room number and send it off to make the delivery, navigating hallways and even call for the elevator using Wi-Fi.

They-Took-Our-Jobs.png

If they integrate Siri functionality on this, it would already be a heck of a lot more interactive than your typical hotel staff, and if it doesn't "accidentally" walk out with the belongings you left on your bed all the better. Generally, if you ask the humanoid versions for more towels or where something is or checkout time, the answer is always "AhmYes", and instantly ignored. I welcome our robot overlords, and won't get angry until my own job is threatened by one.

YEAAAHHHHHH
No more fucking TIPS

AAAHHAAHAHAAAA

right, i'm calm now.

Robot stares at you with it's cold, lifeless eyes.
Its powerful robotic hands begin whirring.
"Sir, tips are strongly recommended...," it says, menacingly; or is that just you humanizing its synthesized voice...?

Hey, I have an idea. GO DOWN AND GET THAT SHIT YOURSELF.

Seriously, am I the only one who feels bad when I have to get someone else to do something trivial, even if he/she is getting paid for it?

Like the robot butler in Fallout 3 that goes insane and tries to kill you if you shoot it by "accident"?

Back