Robots Getting Your Cyber Monday Orders Ready

I heard a figure on NPR this morning about these robots that said amazon can store something like 50% more stuff in a warehouse because of these robots.

I was going to question why they even needed people as part of the process until I saw that ass.

This thread delivers.

If_you_know_what_I_mean..png

I noticed almost all the orders were a single item. I am surprised by now these companies along with fedex and UPS have not setup a standard set of plastic reusable packages for shipping that can also be manipulated by robots, shipped without a box or packaging and tape and then reused and picked up or dropped off by anyone back to the shipper.

I noticed almost all the orders were a single item. I am surprised by now these companies along with fedex and UPS have not setup a standard set of plastic reusable packages for shipping that can also be manipulated by robots, shipped without a box or packaging and tape and then reused and picked up or dropped off by anyone back to the shipper.

Not so sure about the single order. I think it's a single item per tray, the machines move them to a packaging area where AI tells the dumb humans what to package, and how.

As impressive as it already is, there seems to be still a lot of potential for speeding up the process. Once rest of the humans can be removed from the equation, of course. ;)

Back