Robots Command Humans to Cleanup Spills in Grocery Stores

soon maximum overdrive.
Great movie, muct watch for those that haven't.

Why not just make a ShopVac autonomous? Voila - the robot can detect and clean up the spill without needing to go fetch/bother a hooman lol.
Quoting this post to report you to future robo overlords so I won't end up in the grease factory.

I was mostly kidding, .....
Your jesting is illogical, they have your number, they have your destination, they will show you the way.

I'd like to meet the person(s) who was/were replaced by Marty, .
Part of my job was replaced by automated ordering, and it was crap. This was back in the ATI Radeon 9700 pro days :p

One step closer to a robotic wife.
Cherry 2000! :)

One step closer to a robotic wife.

Already exists:
upload_2019-1-16_10-59-10.jpeg

Ever see WALL-E?
I did. Last time I checked, WALL E didn't fly and couldn't see very high up into upper landings or shelves without physically going there. Wasn't programmed to find invalid pricing or count stock either. His ai was likely capable. Either case, he's fictional and real ai like that doesn't exist for the price point of these cheap inventory counters.

Am I the only one wanting to know if the googly eyes were stock feature or added by the supermarket employees?:wideyed:

Am I the only one wanting to know if the googly eyes were stock feature or added by the supermarket employees?:wideyed:

If it's the employees, I can't wait to see what they come up with in the winter. :joyful:

upload_2019-1-16_18-49-1.png

Note to self, study up on portable EMP, still on hold for magical unicorn battery.

Could be the beer talking here. In light of the anti-emp tech that's evolved over the last 2-3 decades maybe a new approach. Develop tech to remotely drain electrical current and let those puppies fall flat.

On 2nd thought, please forgive me robot overlords.

Another thought. Can't wait till one of these is sued for some kind of harassment.

Seriously, screw stop & shop. They are a terrible super market chain owned by A̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ Aholes inc. Worst quality meats you can find anywhere on the east coast. Aldi's & watmart even have better quality meat. Vegetables are almost always stocked bad, pre-opened dry food and beverages are the norm. Fake in-store discounts with "save $10 off $30 on items like these" with no explanation of what items that apply. Food from goodwill may be of higher quality. Stop and shop keeps buying everyone to remove competition.
They are a terrible chain that needs to go away. I can't imagine any robot that will make their stores any better.

Back