Robotic Patrol Dog

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

A viral clip making the rounds this week is eerily reminiscent of an episode of the dystopian TV series Black Mirror titled "Metalhead," which features a robot guard dog pursuing a group of unlucky humans. The YouTube video, originally uploaded by Alexander Atamanov, shows a robotic quadruped with a machine gun mounted to its back firing at various nearby targets. The Boston Dynamics-style robot moves nimbly across the ground spraying a hail of bullets seemingly everywhere as it fails to calculate for the gun's strong recoil. The sight of this gun-toting machine surely inspires visions of The Terminator

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-robotic-patrol-dog/

That is awesome, and the dark cyberpunk future we were all hoping for. :borg:
Hopefully a few shipments of these will be lost in route... 🏴‍☠️

Hmmmm
1658848610230.png

What is the company making these? I remember a similar fake robot killer video making the rounds some years ago, so I am sceptical. Have they just used a remote control or just a toy robot and added a gun to it, or is this an actual existing product?

I'm skeptical about that. He's just doing things the Brit way.
Yeah, I'm Norwegian so the Queens English is what we learn in school. We see people of colour as well, with the exception of those who pretend they can't see what colour a persons skin has.

Yeah, I'm Norwegian so the Queens English is what we learn in school. We see people of colour as well, with the exception of those who pretend they can't see what colour a persons skin has.
In addition, "skeptical" didn't overtake "sceptical" in AmE until ~1920.

That's not a machine gun as stated in the article. It looks like a M4A1, they fire fully automatic. Honestly using a stripped down M249 or similar open bolt style weapon would give a lower profile and reduce the muzzle climb and overall recoil. A $25 break would be just as effective. Hey future robot killer dog people fire your weapons guy and hire me :)

That's not a machine gun as stated in the article. It looks like a M4A1, they fire fully automatic.

it is clearly an AK-74 variant. The vehicle is a BRDM, a Soviet era vehicle.

An M4A1 isn't a machine gun. In US law it is, but that is just a legal term like "Any Other Weapon". From a technical standpoint an M4 is a rifle. Seeing that likely isn't taking place in Russia or some other place where BRDMs are lying around the term doesn't apply.

Here's to hoping the largest CME ever to belch out from Sol heads our way and erases technology.

it is clearly an AK-74 variant. The vehicle is a BRDM, a Soviet era vehicle.

An M4A1 isn't a machine gun. In US law it is, but that is just a legal term like "Any Other Weapon". From a technical standpoint an M4 is a rifle. Seeing that likely isn't taking place in Russia or some other place where BRDMs are lying around the term doesn't apply.
My bad. I didn't look close enough at the rifle and assumed it was a NATO variant, the video is kind of blurry. Still very impressive.

The thing is, until these devices can administer lethal shocks through their frames...whats to prevent literally anyone able to hoist them up from just snatching them up and taking them home. "Honey, I found this stray wandering around outside the junkyard!"....etc

The thing is, until these devices can administer lethal shocks through their frames...whats to prevent literally anyone able to hoist them up from just snatching them up and taking them home. "Honey, I found this stray wandering around outside the junkyard!"....etc
That is why the US Marine Corps abandoned there DARPA project. They did a force-on-force exercise with automated turrets ect. The Marines figured out the dead space of the optical lenses within a few days and would run up and kick them over. One group dropped rocks on them. Was a pretty interesting after-action review to read through. I believe the Army has a similar experience with their project.

That is why the US Marine Corps abandoned there DARPA project. They did a force-on-force exercise with automated turrets ect. The Marines figured out the dead space of the optical lenses within a few days and would run up and kick them over. One group dropped rocks on them. Was a pretty interesting after-action review to read through. I believe the Army has a similar experience with their project.
Easy fix for that, just deploy the dogs in teams. Sending out a single scout is bad practice anyway, if the scout is killed, no message goes back.

Back