Robot Promises to Destroy All Humans

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've always said that robots are going to KILL US ALL! Now, thanks to this slip up, I finally have proof! If for no other reason, you have to watch the video just to see the crazy faces this thing makes. :eek: Thanks to Anthony Pishl for the link.

I'm waiting for the day regressives talk about how to get consent from a robot. Also, that smile at the end after saying she will destory all humans was classic. Serial killer-esque

That guy has never seen iRobot or Terminator or any other robot movie involving the killing off of the human race? a lot of similarity to iRobot.

I feel like this is just someone doing something that is thought up and now coming to life when really it shouldn't be. As if we don't have enough human bodies? we should create robots to do the work humans are already to lazy to do. someone really so rich they buy a robot to bring in their new GTX 1080 they picked up from Microcenter?

The end is near! ;-)

Reactions: DKS
like this
Next up? Robots have rights, and thus will start the downfall of humanity. They don't need to kill us all. They just need the right to vote. Then they'll vote to kill us all. Have to keep it legal you see .....

I feel like this is just someone doing something that is thought up and now coming to life when really it shouldn't be. As if we don't have enough human bodies?
Amen, and besides, I thought Wall-E taught us that robots don't have to look human to interact with humans, even emotionally.

With just a very basic shape with two limbs and an LCD panel to display emotion through eye movements and simple tones, the bot was already very relatable, and you completely avoid uncanny valley that way.

Besides, dogs are good people, why not make a robot that is more like a doggie companion than humanoid one?

holy old video! i swear i saw this a long time ago in headlines already?

Not sure why robots need to have human characteristics, I mean it's obviously this guy ultimately wants a sex bot so I get that aspect, but is there really anything wrong with having a screen with a pair of eyes and a mouth and that's it?

OMG I am still watching it and laughing so f'ing hard at those expressions.

Note: That guy totally put's it in that doll. He's super creepy. Maybe he's a robot?

can you imagine waking up at night and see that staring at you. WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

That robot seems safe enough to me. It's the robots that say they won't kill you that you have to look out for!

I still wonder what we will do for work when robots and ai take over all the jobs. Will the few that own everything let the rest of us have labor free lives also?

I still wonder what we will do for work when robots and ai take over all the jobs. Will the few that own everything let the rest of us have labor free lives also?

No, there are already a number of environmental think tanks that are calling for a global population not to exceed 2 billion people. Some of them are suggesting this needs to happen in the next 50 years. So... do the math on what they are advocating.

You also have the UN putting out reports that say the median standard of living needs to drop globally to be sustainable. So it' not just the radicals and wingnuts.

Anyone know of a good brand of tazer? Lets see how she holds up against 10,000 volts!! I guess in a pinch I can use jumper cables and a car battery.

We humans think too much of ourselves. Obviously we are not capable of creating a robot that can kill everyone. We're still struggling to make a robot that can walk upright and doesn't weigh a ton. Not to mention how fragile overcomplicated robots are. If a robot ever gonna take over the world it won't be a two legged human imitation. It will be an autonomous ripsaw.

We humans think too much of ourselves. Obviously we are not capable of creating a robot that can kill everyone. We're still struggling to make a robot that can walk upright and doesn't weigh a ton. Not to mention how fragile overcomplicated robots are. If a robot ever gonna take over the world it won't be a two legged human imitation. It will be an autonomous ripsaw.
I submit the combination of missile detection tech with autopilot tech and shove that into some M1A1 Abrams and let them go. I don't think us humans have ever had a problem making and inventing weapons that kill.

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have a robot ass wiper or lawn mower, but we always seem to make our best tech for weapons.

Surprising range of expressivity in that face, but robots will always be given away by their inability to make the duck face.

+1 for Screamers movie reference. Good flick

Wow that thing is scary... it looks like her head is on backwards on top of her neck

Autonomous ripsaws that fly like this:

I've always said that robots are going to KILL US ALL! Now, thanks to this slip up, I finally have proof! If for no other reason, you have to watch the video just to see the crazy faces this thing makes. :eek: Thanks to Anthony Pishl for the link.
Poor Steve you need lay off watching all Battlestar Galactica rerun LoL

Geniuses can be idiots as well.
The guy in the video has read a lot of comic books and now he has the ability to make it real.

Now go read the I,Robot series by Asimov. Don't watch the Will Smith movies. Read the books. Almost there.

Selling AI and androids to the masses - one day the android could put the groceries away!

Maybe the future will be like Terminator or I, Robot. I think the future is going to look more like Wall-E.

He said he believes one day they will be indistinguishable from humans. I have already figured out the litmus test, when you have sex with one there will be no bodily secretion from the replicants.

Back