Robot Pizza Company Wants To Be “Amazon Of Food”

HardOCP News

[H] News
Pizzas made by robots? What the?!? Since it is Friday, I think this company is going to have to send us a bunch of these pizzas (and beer) to see if they really do stand up to the company's claims. :D

Zume co-founder Alex Garden, a former executive at mobile gaming giant Zynga, tells Bloomberg that once the vans are operational, the process will work by having the robots load each oven with different orders. At approximately three minutes and 15 seconds before arriving at the delivery destination, the oven will be turned on remotely from the Zume office, and “boom, the customer gets a fresh, out-of-the-oven pizza delivered to their door.” “We want to be the Amazon of food,” Garden says, noting that the new process, if used by other companies, could be “incredibly profitable.”

Robot versus dirty, greasy & hung-over meatsack. It's a hard call.

What Steve didn't tell you is, the topping the robot put on the pizza are made from Humans!!!

This is an interesting idea, but fast-food pizza is a crowded and aggressive industry so it will be hard going even if their pizza is amazing (and I don't see how it could be).

This is an interesting idea, but fast-food pizza is a crowded and aggressive industry so it will be hard going even if their pizza is amazing (and I don't see how it could be).
We really don't need any reality checks here in robot fantasy land. /s

Dominos, papa johns, pizza hut have proven that mediocre pizza is perfectly acceptable. Little Ceasars has proven that even lousy pizza is acceptable. All the robots have to do is eliminate the human variability. Slower driving vehicles so the cheese doesn't slide into the corner of the box problems will be over. The robot will automatically notify you of when the vehicle is arriving at your home without some bizarre foreign accent. We don't have to tip the driverless vehicle either, right? another plus. A refrigerator where the driver usually sits will insure ice cold soda.
Premium New York style pizza will still be available for premium prices from real pizzarias.

Back