RoboRoach Surgery Kit Now On Kickstarter

how is this ever going to get past any humane/animal protection regulations?

If cockroaches are protected that's B.S.

You can light an ant hill on fire but can't control cockroaches like an mad scientist?

If cockroaches are protected that's B.S.

You can light an ant hill on fire but can't control cockroaches like an mad scientist?
Not that I have an affection on cockroaches, but cutting off its antennas and place hard glue on its head just so that we can have fun playing with it is ... inhuman.

Say a higher being captured you and more or less killed everyone you knew, there are a few things they will do to you before you die. Like:
a) Light you up with fire or chemicals until to no longer reacts.
b) Tear the fresh off you until to no longer reacts.
c) Dig your eyeballs out and pop your eardrums, then hard glue a piece of electronics that simulates super loud noise and super intense light to your brain so you will react. You however live and will be fed.

Which one will you choose?

Not that I have an affection on cockroaches, but cutting off its antennas and place hard glue on its head just so that we can have fun playing with it is ... inhuman.

Say a higher being captured you and more or less killed everyone you knew, there are a few things they will do to you before you die. Like:
c) Dig your eyeballs out and pop your eardrums, then hard glue a piece of electronics that simulates super loud noise and super intense light to your brain so you will react. You however live and will be fed.

Survival of the fittest.

Certainly inhumane. And I wouldn't venture to call this 'survival of the fittest'.

The Nazi's did stuff like this to humans during WWII. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation

Doesn't Monsanto do this to us already?

Certainly inhumane. And I wouldn't venture to call this 'survival of the fittest'.

The Nazi's did stuff like this to humans during WWII. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation

Nazis and experimenting on roaches is not the same thing. You do know that the USA experimented on minorities . USA sterilized their own citizens if they thought they were threats to evolution. They also did experiments on chimps.

So linking Nazis to Parkinson's Disease research is going a bit out there you think? :)

Not that I have an affection on cockroaches, but cutting off its antennas and place hard glue on its head just so that we can have fun playing with it is ... AWESOME!!!!

Fixed it for you. :D:D

This is sickening. Just because roaches are not cute and cuddly does not mean that they should be subjected to what is tantamount to torture. One could essentially steer the roach into suicide. I am not saying that I do not kill bugs, but I reject the idea that killing something is fun and/or amusing, and forcing it to do your bidding is simply cruel.

Lol, this is the best thing ever. Even better it pisses off the "I gotta defend life as sacred" types.

<snip junk>

Roaches are a pest.
Roaches are insects with very primitive nervous systems and don't feel pain.

Thanks for playing, but let's not let things get out of hand by equating human beings with roaches.

Nazis and experimenting on roaches is not the same thing. You do know that the USA experimented on minorities . USA sterilized their own citizens if they thought they were threats to evolution. They also did experiments on chimps.

So linking Nazis to Parkinson's Disease research is going a bit out there you think? :)

They're not experimenting on roaches, they're using them for personal enjoyment/entertainment.

Both articles you linked to US-based research were voluntary, and did not cause permanent disability or death. Comparing those to the Nazi experiments (ie. sections of bones, muscles, and nerves were removed from the subjects without use of anesthesia) is just nonsensical.

And who said anything about Parkinson's disease?

They're not experimenting on roaches, they're using them for personal enjoyment/entertainment.

Both articles you linked to US-based research were voluntary, and did not cause permanent disability or death. Comparing those to the Nazi experiments (ie. sections of bones, muscles, and nerves were removed from the subjects without use of anesthesia) is just nonsensical.

And who said anything about Parkinson's disease?

Thanks for playing, but let's not let things get out of hand by equating human beings with roaches.

I don't think anyone is comparing humans to roaches. There is simply no benefit to this, other than pure entertainment. It serves no other purpose than to torture and maim roaches. Simply killing them should be enough.

Yeah, insects don't feel pain.... learned that in 2nd grade.

I'm on the "THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING" bus =)

I haven't even encountered roaches more than a couple times outside of a zoo. At least not where I live now. I don't really care if they feel pain or not, TBH.

Roaches today....humans tomorrow ! :eek:
My first thought as well. My second was that the military is always the first to implement these sorts of things, so that means remotely controlled soldiers. No more issues with DHS ground minions disobeying orders should they ever grow a conscience about killing US citizens, er, I mean domestic terrorists.

It's a novel idea but really, it seems pretty base and wouldn't hold attention for more than a few seconds, if that. Seeing the proof of concept was interesting, but that's where the interest started and ended.

In regards to the moral debate, I don't know if the roaches feel pain or not, but regardless of that it seems pretty macabre in essence. Definitely on the creepier side of humankind's will to control and dominate.

I'll pass on the finished product :)

Was anyone else reminded of this?

5eroach0cq.jpg

170012_1237793263789_500_207.jpg

It's a novel idea but really, it seems pretty base and wouldn't hold attention for more than a few seconds, if that. Seeing the proof of concept was interesting, but that's where the interest started and ended.

In regards to the moral debate, I don't know if the roaches feel pain or not, but regardless of that it seems pretty macabre in essence. Definitely on the creepier side of humankind's will to control and dominate.

I'll pass on the finished product :)

It's not just immoral, but also unethical. The robo part removes the autonomy of a living creature.

Back