cageymaru

Fully [H]
Robomart has formed a partnership with the Stop and Shop grocery chain in the Greater Boston area to deliver groceries to customers with driverless grocery vehicles. The autonomous, electric delivery vehicles will allow Stop and Shop to provide a service where customers can summon a mobile grocery store by using their smartphone. The stocked Robomart vehicle will essentially bring the store to them.

After the customer unlocks the vehicle's doors and chooses the items for purchase, a checkout-less system using RFID badges and computer vision will confirm the items taken from the vehicle. The customer locks the doors on the vehicle and sends it on its way. The service will email a receipt to the customer within seconds. The vehicles can be remotely piloted from a Robomart facility and will be restocked throughout the day to ensure the best selection of products are available for purchase.

"For decades, consumers had the convenience of their local greengrocer and milkman coming door to door, and we believe that by leveraging driverless technology we can recreate that level of convenience and accessibility," said Ali Ahmed, Founder & CEO of Robomart. "We're extremely excited to bring our vision to life with Stop & Shop, one of the most pioneering and forward-thinking grocery chains in the world."

Nice big windows for smash and grab.

Should we call these new criminals RoboPirates? :p

Rolling food service for any homeless person with a crowbar...

Do homeless people often break into stores with crowbars? Don't have as many around me so not sure of their habits.

Who is going to maintain freshness on these? It sounds like these will get nasty quickly. Or better yet, lock someone inside unintentionally.

I could see a crowd of ruffians push these over - because why not? Vandalism aside, I'm not interested in this (or the vandalism!)
I might have groceries I ordered delivered, but kind of doubt I'd randomly buy something from this vehicle (maybe if they had meals?)

Wow, such low-tech solutions here!

Obviously a portable, flexible Faraday Cage is the way to go here. I call it the Faraday Net. Toss it over the vehicle to eliminate communications, then roll it out of site. No need for messy crowbars, hammers, bricks, Moltov Cocktails, etc.

Amateurs!

Side Note: Also better hope Johnny isn't driving. That could get dangerous.

johnny.jpg

Do homeless people often break into stores with crowbars? Don't have as many around me so not sure of their habits.

When I lived in Philadelphia my car window was broken and my work pants and shirt were taken. My CDs were still there and other things of some value were left behind. I quickly located my pants on the sidewalk at the end of the block. I guess they didn't fit. I don't know who did it, but I suspect it was a homeless person. I could be wrong.

Back