robocopy help

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
I need a robocopy command to copy a specific set of folders from a c drive to a d drive. The command should check for new files and update them and purge from the D what is no longer on the C.

cyr0n_k0r said:
I need a robocopy command to copy a specific set of folders from a c drive to a d drive. The command should check for new files and update them and purge from the D what is no longer on the C.

Type robocopy /? for a list of all the switches and how to use them. It's just a matter of combining the ones you want.

If you'd prefer to do it through the GUI, SyncToy sounds like it might work for what you want to do.

cyr0n_k0r said:

There are two different switches that will do what you want. Typing robocopy /help is the best way to get the details. It just so happens that the switch for purging files is "/purge".

I've just finsihed moving 2 Terabytes of data that way from an external SCSI array to our new SAN. I'm running a scheduled job each night to keep them in sync while I wait for backup testing and other analysis to complete.

There is also a mode that will overwatch the files in real time, if you need it to stay really up to date.

Back