Robo Recall

Might give it a try on Revive someday...$30 is a bit more than I want to spend at this juncture, though.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Played it for a couple of hours tonight... was a blast! Sort of plays like a mashup of Arizona Sunshine mixed with Raw Data, only with more polish and better graphics. It is really, REALLY well done. Definitely an AAA quality title/game. And being completely free with the Touch controllers is a nice....errr touch! :D
Can't wait to see what the mod community does with this going forward as well as it also comes with full mod support baked in.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Cool to see that Oculus funded this... would've been cooler to see them release it on Vive as well, but exclusive is understandable too...

I really like the idea of this game, but playing it in my current VR space is frustrating, since there's so much stuff to accidentally punch witht the controllers. The chaperone feature doesn't really give me that much warning. If you have a big open play space, I bet this game is ludicruously fun.

Something I'm looking forward to is a game where there's an in-game explanation for why you can only move around by pointing and using the thumb stick, and why your hands pass through things. For instance, a game where you're a ghost who has come back to haunt the people who murdered you, and help your loved ones solve your murder. You can only interact directly with some objects in the scene - for instance light things like paper or feathers), but you can pass through walls that the living characters can't. I'm imagining something more like Myst, I guess.

I have to say, this is currently my favourite VR game. I spent the entire evening playing last night, and my 11 year old son has been loving it too.

I really like the idea of this game, but playing it in my current VR space is frustrating, since there's so much stuff to accidentally punch witht the controllers. The chaperone feature doesn't really give me that much warning. If you have a big open play space, I bet this game is ludicruously fun.

Something I'm looking forward to is a game where there's an in-game explanation for why you can only move around by pointing and using the thumb stick, and why your hands pass through things. For instance, a game where you're a ghost who has come back to haunt the people who murdered you, and help your loved ones solve your murder. You can only interact directly with some objects in the scene - for instance light things like paper or feathers), but you can pass through walls that the living characters can't. I'm imagining something more like Myst, I guess.

You can modify the chaperone. I have the floor line permanently on after nearly breaking my toe.

You can modify the chaperone. I have the floor line permanently on after nearly breaking my toe.
I know. The issue isn't really that the chaperone feature doesn't work, but that the room just isn't big enough. Maybe making the walls visible all the time would help.

The real solution in my case is probably to just move the VR rig into the living room, but that's a task for several reasons.

I wish this game was longer!!! This is the game I show people when I tell them how VR is next level shit. Blows minds every time.

I bought a bunch of other games, but can't stop playing this one until I beat it. The ability to mess up robots however I want is too fun.

I want to try this game but I am still resisting the Oculus store. Looks really great.

You should have gotten it for free with the touch controllers. No need to buy it, I think.

You should have gotten it for free with the touch controllers. No need to buy it, I think.

You are correct. As soon as you configure your touch controllers, Robo Recall will show up under library "not installed".

I have a Vive and not a Rift, I was under the impression I can play Oculus exclusives like this but it would require the Oculus software along with Revive to get it working. If I could buy this off Steam I would do so in a heartbeat.

Does the Oculus software require a Facebook account?

I have a Vive and not a Rift, I was under the impression I can play Oculus exclusives like this but it would require the Oculus software along with Revive to get it working. If I could buy this off Steam I would do so in a heartbeat.

Does the Oculus software require a Facebook account?
Nope, your oculus account can be run without any linking of facebook

You can move around if you want, but the teleporting works well enough to keep you from having to go too far.

Personall, when I do move around, I always end up facing the opposite corner of the room from the one I think I'm facing by the end of the mission :p

Is this a strictly standing only game? (n)
um, what did you expect from a non-cockpit-VR game?

of course, it'd be cool if a "Wheel Chair Mode" was available on all fps VR games

um, what did you expect from a non-cockpit-VR game?

of course, it'd be cool if a "Wheel Chair Mode" was available on all fps VR games

It's mainly a question of whether the in game mechanics allow for it. Movement can be covered by teleportation as Charlie_D said, or movement with jets or anchor points. Cool!

But game play mechanics such as when you have issues like not being able to reload because of the action required falling out of sensor FOV, or not being able to reliably orient with respect to NPC's for the same reasons . I was hoping for some user oriented feedback really..

So for you - deal breaker sitting down?

Anybody unlock "All-Star" mode for any level yet?

I've been unable to get the high score star no matter how hard I try. The first mission with the 2 million point challenge is one I've been focusing on. The highest I've been able to get is 1.6 million and that's getting through the level with a 16x multiplier by the end and never getting hit.

I have found that going full melee and juggling some robots adds a lot of points but still 400k shy.

Finally got it figured out last night and broke the 2 million mark on that first mission. It's the only mission so far that I have completed all the challenges for.

The boss missions are going to suck...

Had to necro this thread just because I had to comment that this is by FAR my favorite VR game. I just got back into VR recently... I had a Vive since launch but sold it after about 6-8 months of having it and then I had a PSVR for a while but sold that too. However I got a free Oculus Rift recently and i've been enjoying the hell out of the games i've played before and bought a couple new ones too. Now I have a BUNCH of VR games and Robo Recall I would say is my favorite... the production value is SOO good and the feel, music... is just great. Every time I heard the theme music I just get pumped!

Had to necro this thread just because I had to comment that this is by FAR my favorite VR game. I just got back into VR recently... I had a Vive since launch but sold it after about 6-8 months of having it and then I had a PSVR for a while but sold that too. However I got a free Oculus Rift recently and i've been enjoying the hell out of the games i've played before and bought a couple new ones too. Now I have a BUNCH of VR games and Robo Recall I would say is my favorite... the production value is SOO good and the feel, music... is just great. Every time I heard the theme music I just get pumped!

Took me a bit to get accustomed to the movement, but yeah it's fantastic. It's a close tie with Lone Echo as my favorite VR game

Back