Roblox 'Gang Rape' Shocks Mother

On one hand, this is not newsworthy. On the other hand, some creeps were doing this to an actual little girl's avatar online.

This is more or less my problem with the situation. A bunch of creeps picking on some little kid, possibly injecting more into it than just typical bullying. Which also sucks, but whatever. Whether it’s as bad as the mom thought or not, it just sucks.

Reactions: atom
like this
My kids play Roblox - 10 and 11. Either my wife and I are in the room when they play it. The only thing I've seen that is "bad" are bullies. Some people will spawn kill other players. This enrages one of my kids. My response was if you don't like it, don't play.
I don't see the interest in the game. They have access to Steam and much higher quality games. Instead, they are playing Roblox. I guess it's the multiplayer that is the draw?

My kid plays roblox as well. I'm not sure how one goes about doing what the article claims outside of crafting a game specifically to do it. You can lock down roblox pretty hard as a parent. I think kids like it because the rule set for games is pretty simple and thus there's not a huge barrier to participation. He likes being online and having other opponents, but he's restricted to games that don't let other people interact with him outside of the basic game mechanic. Because the internet is full of shitheads.

You are suppose to "babysit" your kids when they are online and underage. Most parents don't look after what their kids are doing on line and they turn into 90% of Reddit

90% of this place too if we're to be honest.

In any game where you can build stuff to any design, there will always be a penis somewhere. Possibly....more than one

My thoughts exactly, infact I was saying this just the other day to my friend. Penises are inevitable....

Come on now, come on now. Raped online? The mother feels "traumatised and violated on so many levels". The mother urges others to be better parents than she was. This mother is insane.

Come on now, come on now. Raped online? The mother feels "traumatised and violated on so many levels". The mother urges others to be better parents than she was. This mother is insane.

She must not have much internet experience. AOL chat rooms were far worse than this lol

edit: So apparently roblox is rated E by esrb but on their TOS they specify 13+. With a setting for under that to have restricted content that is curated only. So if parents wanted they could put that setting into place and avoid this situation all together.

Last edited:
Back