RMAing my RaptorX 150, what will I get back?

psyclist

Gawd
Hey guys,

Well I was just cleaning up the computer and now that I have switch over to an SSD I wanted to zero-write my RaptorX, brought up HDTune, checked the SMART data and saw that I had a bad sector, with a few other warnings in there as well. No wonder there were random reboots...

Called RMA and they have instructed my that my warranty is up as of October 2012, So I decided to send it back now, but no more RaptorX or even a 150gb Raptor, what do you think they will replace it with?

If they have no refurbished drives of your model on stock to give you back WDC will give you either a refurbished drive from newer model or even possibly a brand new 150GB velociraptor drive.

Well the smallest current model one is a 250, so I guess I will keep my fingers crossed for that one, anybody else that can speak to this?

Ive seen some posts say they got a 300 Velociraptor, and some say another Raptor 150... rolling the dice I guess, wish me luck!

Ill update when I know what comin back to me, in case anyone else is wondering

I did 3 rma's last year and got back velociraptors from old 150s.

Sweet deal, hell im happy with anything they are gonna give me, as long as it works well. Just an upgrade for a loyal WD user would be great!

I had a 74GB raptor fail on me a couple of years ago. They ended up replacing it with a 150GB drive with a cool little plexiglass window. :cool:

By this logic, I assume you'll get something equal or better as well.

Just a quick update for anyone wondering about future RMA's I have second gen Velociraptor headed back to me now (WD1500HLHX) I know its not as fast as an SSD, but still great customer service on WD part. Ive always ran Raptors, I may run it as a game installation drive as my SSD is gettin full

Back