RMA Turnaround Times

How long did your RMA take to turn around excluding shipping?

• 1 day

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2-3 days

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • 4-5 days

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 5-10 days

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 10-20 days

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • 20 days+

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Dayaks

[H]F Junkie
I had to RMA my MSI 2080ti Seahawk EK. In the past my turnaround time with MSI has been fantastic at less than ~3 days.

How have your experiences been? And with which vendor? Just curious what is normal. Right now sitting at 9 days with my latest RMA. I believe their website says it can take up to 35 days.

I would think it's hardware specific and with video cards they may want to recreate the issue you were seeing.

What was the issue?

Depends on where it's going. EVGA is across the country for me so around 10 days was my last RMA for a GTX980.
I do have a GTX285 still that is covered by the Advanced 2-Day RMA, so I'd get a replacement in 2 days and then send in the defective one.

When you say "excluding shipping" is that total shipping both ways?
If that is the case then I think all of my RMA's with various vendors was 1 day since they shipped out the replacement that day or the day after receiving my defective item.

I would think it's hardware specific and with video cards they may want to recreate the issue you were seeing.

What was the issue?

No post and VGA error on mobo. I am hoping it’s taking so long since it’s a card that comes with a waterblock... more niche.

I just had to RMA a 5 port Netgear GS105 that I bought maybe 8 or so years ago.
Thursday night I noticed I wasn't getting internet on my laptop and saw that all the lights on the switch were blinking in sync.
Turned it off and on again and each port blinked one time from 1 to 5 and then all of them started blinking in sync again.

Went to Netgear's site to see what the deal was, couldn't find anything, called them up and told them what was going on and asked if it was under warranty since I thought this one was covered under their lifetime warranty.
He checked the serial number and it was covered and I told him I wasn't sure I still had the receipt since I've had it so long.
He said that was fine and processed the RMA.
Sent the defective unit to them on Monday and got my brand new replacement Friday.

Just to update, MSI did accept my RMA and returned a fresh card. I don't think I'm going to ever buy a waterblocked card again. I get more nervous about RMA'ing it and I think it took longer because of it. Also while I plan to run it into the ground, resale might be tough.

I guess always keep a backup card in case of situations like this... I was lucky I was able to resurrect a 1080ti I had sitting around, the process took about a month.

The 2080ti was the first time I had to RMA a card. Lets say I might be less likely to throw around "just RMA it" in the future!

Reactions: Auer
like this
Just to update, MSI did accept my RMA and returned a fresh card. I don't think I'm going to ever buy a waterblocked card again. I get more nervous about RMA'ing it and I think it took longer because of it. Also while I plan to run it into the ground, resale might be tough.

I guess always keep a backup card in case of situations like this... I was lucky I was able to resurrect a 1080ti I had sitting around, the process took about a month.

The 2080ti was the first time I had to RMA a card. Lets say I might be less likely to throw around "just RMA it" in the future!
you got that right.....i keep very few spare parts but i do keep an ancient 7970/280x packed away for that same reason

a week for MSI 780, about a week for powercolor 7950, 30 days both times with XFX 7850, 270.

I started an RMA with Corsair for a faulty ML120 fan on an H100i Pro on November 19th.
I did the Advance RMA so that I could use their shipping box to return the defective fan in.
They charged me $88 for the Advance RMA for that one fan, I do get it all back which is what I am waiting for now.
I got the replacement fan on December 10th, but it has a short power lead, about 10", the one I sent back had about 24" of cable.
Having such a short lead really limits where the fan can go, in my case it can't go anywhere since my Commander Pro is more than 10" from any fan mounting position.
I did email them about it but I haven't heard anything since.

They received my defective fan on Friday the 13th and I haven't gotten my $88 refund yet.
I just sent them an email asking about my refund as well as the short cable on my replacement fan.
Let's see how long it takes to get a response.

On average I've found it to be 1 week. Though lots of times 10+ days. I assume it will take 3 weeks including shipping time when I RMA.

Had to RMA a faulty Lighting Node Pro so I just sent in the small controller itself and they sent me a complete retail kit.
Took about a week and half total turn around time.
you can see the ML120 fan on the right that I am still waiting to hear back if they are going to replace it with one with a longer cord or send me an extension cable.

IMG_4767.JPG

I'd like to give a big shout out to Corsair. The last couple of times I've had to send hardware to them (I sell quite a bit of their hardware), their online RMA system has been amazing and the human responses at each step are amazing. The online website is just a touch cumbersome, but it works awesome and they really try hard to get replacement product out. The last couple of power supplies have been replaced by shrink wrapped new supplies. Impressive.

Right at the moment I think they've got the best repeated RMA experience I've ever had in the industry.

Oh and to answer the original question, about 1 to 1.5 weeks from the time I send the part to when I get one back.

Dayaks I hope you sold that card regardless. No point in ever buying an "EK" branded card like that when you can get a real EK block that looks 10x better + backplate that actually is functional. That MSI card was ugly af w/the artwork all over an otherwise nice block.

Dayaks I hope you sold that card regardless. No point in ever buying an "EK" branded card like that when you can get a real EK block that looks 10x better + backplate that actually is functional. That MSI card was ugly af w/the artwork all over an otherwise nice block.

I think it was around -$320 off. I found out why ;)

Had to do an RMA for a faulty USB port on a Corsair 465X case this week.
Got the case for my dad on Friday and installed his PC into it and the next day he told me the right USB port on the front I/O wasn't working.
I tested it and it would supply power to the port but the PC wouldn't acknowledge anything plugged in.
Filed an RMA/Warranty claim for it Saturday night, got approved for a replacement I/O panel on Monday and it arrived yesterday.
Installed it and both ports work fine.

corsair took 1-2 days to send me a replacement flash drive after they received the faulty one I sent them.

45 days for a Dell PC, banned for life for my purchases and got them banned from my company as well over their counterfeit capacitors.

I always assume 20+ days. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised, but not normally. At this point in life I'm just impressed if I get a working product back on the first attempt.

The good news for me is my MSI 2080ti has been solid since RMA. 5/6 times I’ve bought an AIO or custom water GPU on discount it’s died quickly.... coincidence? Maybe.

Just gonna add my details in here as the situation evolves...

- ASUS Strix RTX 2070 died in early February. This was a space invaders failure, card had worked fine for two years until this. Any sustained 3D load causes the card to show green artifacts and then black screen crash.
- Got a RMA number on February 6th and paid ASUS $15 for a FedEx Ground return label. $15 seemed pretty reasonable so I was fine paying that instead of getting my own shipping elsewhere.
- Took photos of the card and packaging, then dropped off the package at FedEx.
- ASUS received the package on February 12 (in Indiana)
- ???

Another RMA I had recently...
- Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W power supply died a while ago. After it died, I swapped it with a backup 550W or 650W power supply and didn't think about it. Then the RTX 3080 launched on September 1st 2020 with a 750W suggested power supply...
- Thermaltake received the PSU on September 9th, 2020
- Thermaltake sent out a replacement RGB 850W power supply on September 11th, 2020, so fast 2 day turnaround
- I received a bare PSU wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap in a very oversized box 😑 They included all new cables which was nice, and the power supply worked fine 🥳

Last edited:
My last RMA was a 2080 Ti FTW3 with EVGA just under a year ago. Even with COVID-19 screwing with workplaces they shipped out the replacement card the day after receiving mine. The longest part was the shipping since they are across the country from me.

Had a Corsair PSU RMA a couple weeks before that and they did an advanced RMA for me where they sent the new unit first and then I sent mine back. So no turnaround time there.

I recently RMA a 3080 with evga. It took 4 business days from when they received it til they shipped out a replacement. Wednesday will will be 3 weeks from when I shipped it out.

ASUS has had my card for six days now and not acknowledged they got the item, so this is unfortunate. I don’t mind waiting for the card to get replaced or fixed, but the lack of confirmation they received it stresses me out a bit.

I’ll wait another week before communicating with them, they’ll surely get to to the card soon 😑

ASUS has had my card for six days now and not acknowledged they got the item, so this is unfortunate. I don’t mind waiting for the card to get replaced or fixed, but the lack of confirmation they received it stresses me out a bit.
It's Asus, be prepared for awful service. You might get lucky though, or they might finally be reforming their support/rma service.

I’ll wait another week before communicating with them, they’ll surely get to to the card soon 😑
Just got FedEx tracking number for a replacement GPU today. It’s getting replaced with another RTX2070 Strix.

Going through an RMA with my Founder's Edition 2080ti I got direct from Nvidia... We'll see how it goes.

Got what appears to be a brand new plain box RTX 2070 today. Total turn around was 12 days after ASUS received the bad card. Stress testing card now, seems fine.

9 out of 10 RMA experience, would buy ASUS again.

My entire RMA process with EVGA was 57 days from Nov 17 2020 when I submitted my claim to Jan 13 2021 when the replacement product was delivered.

Back