RMA Turnaround Times

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Dayaks, Oct 27, 2019.

How long did your RMA take to turn around excluding shipping?

1. 1 day

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 2-3 days

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 4-5 days

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 5-10 days

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 10-20 days

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. 20 days+

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

I had to RMA my MSI 2080ti Seahawk EK. In the past my turnaround time with MSI has been fantastic at less than ~3 days.

How have your experiences been? And with which vendor? Just curious what is normal. Right now sitting at 9 days with my latest RMA. I believe their website says it can take up to 35 days.

2. auntjemima

auntjemima [H]ardness Supreme

I would think it's hardware specific and with video cards they may want to recreate the issue you were seeing.

What was the issue?

3. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

Only took one day my last xfx rma

4. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

2 - 3 days typically

5. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Depends on where it's going. EVGA is across the country for me so around 10 days was my last RMA for a GTX980.
    I do have a GTX285 still that is covered by the Advanced 2-Day RMA, so I'd get a replacement in 2 days and then send in the defective one.

When you say "excluding shipping" is that total shipping both ways?
    If that is the case then I think all of my RMA's with various vendors was 1 day since they shipped out the replacement that day or the day after receiving my defective item.

6. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

No post and VGA error on mobo. I am hoping it’s taking so long since it’s a card that comes with a waterblock... more niche.

auntjemima likes this.
  7. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

I just had to RMA a 5 port Netgear GS105 that I bought maybe 8 or so years ago.
    Thursday night I noticed I wasn't getting internet on my laptop and saw that all the lights on the switch were blinking in sync.
    Turned it off and on again and each port blinked one time from 1 to 5 and then all of them started blinking in sync again.

Went to Netgear's site to see what the deal was, couldn't find anything, called them up and told them what was going on and asked if it was under warranty since I thought this one was covered under their lifetime warranty.
    He checked the serial number and it was covered and I told him I wasn't sure I still had the receipt since I've had it so long.
    He said that was fine and processed the RMA.
    Sent the defective unit to them on Monday and got my brand new replacement Friday.

GoldenTiger likes this.
Tags: