RMA Replacement for gtx280

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
I had to rma my gtx 280 cause I would get pinkish/garbled color after log in and/or a blank screen or solid color screen and then it would lock up. Changing cards to a 9600gt fixed the problem, so I RMA'd my 280.

Looking at EVGA site, I notice there aren't 280's listed for sale. What are the chances I might get a better card for replacement? It would be great, since this is the second RMA I've had on the same series and my first card was Super clocked by the factory and my replacement was just stock.

Here's to hoping I get a 285 or something, I should considering the cost of the 280 when I bought it!

I would imagine they should have a stock of 280's they can give you, but you can hope for the best. I woulda said something to them when they sent the wrong card last time. Your chances of getting a superclocked card this time just went to nil (although not impossible)

I did last time, but it did no good. Hopefully they are all out of stock 280's then? :)

you'll probably get another 280 (or a 285). From what I remember (I just did an RMA from evga as well), the guy in their tech support said that they keep a stock of refub cards to send back out so it shouldn't be an issue. If they don't, they'll send you another with equal or better performance :)

Back