RMA and ATI

Shawn

Limp Gawd
Has anyone RMA'd their video cards? Becuase i RMA'd my video card and its been 11days still not here yet and not showing up on tracking. I emailed them yesterday and no response yet. I am just wondering how long does it usually take to RMA a video card /w ATI? This pretains to people who have actually RMA'd their video card with ATI.

Let me put this simply. The more stupid, newbish, asshole topics you make, the more I'm gonna hate on you. Stop wasting brain cells and get a job. You had 3-4 locked topics yesterday with 3-4 more to follow today I'm sure. OMG IDEA!! Go work at the Inquirer.

Originally posted by Presto914
Again with the muppets? come on rub those two brain cells together get them good and hot and please try to come up with some thing new PLeeeseeeeee

Well I kinda like the muppet approach sorry its not as original as your noobie cheese and crackers. Now put your helmet back on and start hitting the wall. Don't worry Monday the lil yellow school bus will come and take you back to school.

Originally posted by Shawn
Has anyone RMA'd their video cards? Becuase i RMA'd my video card and its been 11days still not here yet and not showing up on tracking. I emailed them yesterday and no response yet. I am just wondering how long does it usually take to RMA a video card /w ATI? This pretains to people who have actually RMA'd their video card with ATI.

Since no one else wants to give you an answer then I guess I will. I recently RMA'd my 9700 Pro and it took exactly 2 weeks from the day they received it till the day I got it back via Fedex overnight.

Originally posted by VIOLENCE FACTOR
Let me put this simply. The more stupid, newbish, asshole topics you make, the more I'm gonna hate on you. Stop wasting brain cells and get a job. You had 3-4 locked topics yesterday with 3-4 more to follow today I'm sure. OMG IDEA!! Go work at the Inquirer.

Stop trolling man, or you'll probably end up down the road which so many others have: BANNED.

Let's leave modding to the mods.

Originally posted by lorcani
Stop trolling man, or you'll probably end up down the road which so many others have: BANNED.

Let's leave modding to the mods.

it wont happon man....hes allready stated he has a second account here anyways...IIRC

anyways as far as an ATi RMA goes I have RMA'd one ATi product...that was eons ago however they gave me so much bullshit and run around that left such a bad taste in my mouth I wont deal with ATi due to it for a long while.

Shawn, the amount of time can vary a lot, but from what I understand ATi is usually fairly prompt. My recent RMA to ATi took well over a month, however. Lucky for me it was an old 8500 in my backup machine. (Edit: It may have taken so long because it was an 8500 128mb, and they are unlikely to have many hanging around for replacement)

PS: I humbly request that the mods perminately eliminate the two annoying twits above. Thank you.

Originally posted by LabRat

PS: I humbly request that the mods perminately eliminate the two annoying twits above. Thank you.

Id surely hope you were not refering to me man.
I went thru hell with ATi over an RMA on their mach64 based all in wonder (like i said eons ago) the TV tuner died out the store wouldnt replace it the card was about a month or two old, we still had the receipt tho. We were dealing with them over the phone directly. And yet they insisted we destroyed the card because it was installed by my grandfather with out a grounding strap....it fucking died a month later ESD dont take a damn month...we went thru hell but eventually they accepted the card...suffice to say the replacement is still in its box, and since that he bought a voodo 3500 tv for his capture shit...yeah it isnt as good but he doesnt care.

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
Id surely hope you were not refering to me man.

Same. Who were you referring to, LabRat?

The RMA should take about 2 weeks. If it's not here by monday or tuesday, I'd phone support.

Also, I doubt you'll run into the same problem LabRat ran into, because the card you are RMA'ing (9800 Pro) is more modern than LabRat's 8500 Pro.

Originally posted by lorcani
Same. Who were you referring to, LabRat?

VIOLENCE FACTOR and Presto914, of course. I figured it was obvious, sorry.

I RMAed an AIW 9800 and I had a brand new one about 2 weeks later. But they didn't email me or anything to let me know the received it- just shipped me out a new one with a letter saying the one I sent them was defective.

well kinda figured you ment VF but the second guy I didnt pay attention to LOL

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
it wont happon man....hes allready stated he has a second account here anyways...IIRC
Had. Understand? Had another account, is gone now. Get over me. Or don't. I care....really.

I'm not that bad LabRat. I call 'em how I see 'em. I'm a Whale Biologist.

I can't help the fact that Presto914 has a boner for me. If he wouldn't troll after me, I'd just give my 2 cents and 1/2 the spam would be gone.

I've just about hit my limit with the fanboy (emphasis on boy) bickering. It has even infected beyond3d.com.
LabRat LabRat LabRat.......do you see me pimping ATI? No. Do you see me being very skeptical when it comes to the hype over Nvidia's next launch after their miserable releases in 2003? Yes.

I may have attitude but I'm not fanboy'ing at all. What a dumb word anyways, fanboy. When an Nvidia user talks about the next gen cards or says how much they like their 5950, idiots with new ATI cards automatically go, "Pffft Nvidiot fanboy pos newb." The ATI wh0re assumes his card kills anything Nvidia all the time because it feeds his need to have an 8 foot internet penis. Visa versa with a normal ATI user. He talks about his 9800Pro or XT and Nvidia maniacs ring in with, "OMG get over yourself, Nvidia ownz joo." See where I'm going with this?

I gave that up. I don't think my 9800Pro is better than any1 elses card cause I don't care. It gives me the image quality I want in the games that I play. Fact is, some1 with a Ti4200 and a HOT HOT rig will smear me and my ok rig all over the floor. My game may look prettier with AA/AF, but his game will be running twice the frame rate. In fast paced games frames matter. Can make or break ya.

So people, yeah I'm an asshole, but I speak the truth. I'm done pimping a certain card company and diving dick first into hype. If you don't like what I have to say you can always ignore me. But you won't. You'll hit the little linkie to see what I said. Why? Cause the truth is interesting.

I don't mind the truth, even if I'm not a Whale Biologist (favorite ep., BTW).

But "truth" and "fact" don't actually require an asshole attached to them. The overly agressive posts get old.

*yawn*

G'night everyone. Even you VF. :p

Not yet its Monday, I sent it on a Wesneday so i should get getting it by friday hopefully

I've had to RMA a video card with ATI three times... and everytime I haven't had to wait more than a week. Once, they even shipped it via next day shipping with FedEx :D
Might help that I live 3-4 hours away from the RMA service centre in Canada though.

The place i sent it to was up in Ney York some where and i Live in New Jersey so its not that far away.

My friend got his card back under 3 week... mostly because of the shipping

Hey guys i finally got my 9800por Back. They send me a New one. It looks likes my other one defective. Its time to go driver cleaner later.

Originally posted by Shawn
Hey guys i finally got my 9800por Back. They send me a New one. It looks likes my other one defective. Its time to go driver cleaner later.

Well, at least it's back.

Clean those drivers!

Back