RMA a BFGTECH PSU and this is what you might get back..

HardBytes

Limp Gawd
A used one with no serial number.

img1803w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You should contact them that you got one without a serial number. If anything, they should at least send you a new sticker, if the serial number is required for RMA.

I remember I broke the warranty seal on my Seasonic power supply, and then they still did an RMA for me when it died :D

That PSU looks like it was dragged behind my pickup.

But I think H0000527 is the serial, it does need an ID bar code tag though.

Call and ask for the supervisor, then ask for his supervisor, then bitch up a huge storm and get some free shit for them wasting your time.

I will definitely be contacting them about this. When I called to check on the RMA they told me they had none in stock, then wham, this thing shows up.

Post this on Jonnyguru too.;)

JonGerow IS Jonnyguru (although he doesn't review PSUs anymore).......he IS the guy at BFG in charge of the PSU program, and he'll make this right for you.

Lately, BFG has been pretty quiet. I'm not sure what's up over there. There's alot of speculation but no [H]ard answers and little communication coming out of BFG.

Post this on Jonnyguru too.;)

JonGerow IS Jonnyguru (although he doesn't review PSUs anymore).......he IS the guy at BFG in charge of the PSU program, and he'll make this right for you.

Lately, BFG has been pretty quiet. I'm not sure what's up over there. There's alot of speculation but no [H]ard answers and little communication coming out of BFG.

Thanks...done.

Edit: Action is being done. More info here

Last edited:
I have sent this thread to my contacts at BFG.

Jon got my PM and RMA info, he is going to forward it to someone (he says) that can look into this.

Ok... I'm forwarding this to someone that can help get this straightened out. Should know something soon.

Thanks for your help too Kyle.

uhg looks like road rash after the UPS man drove and threw it out the door on the way home.

Wow

Being part of a RMA issue for over a year on the videocard side just to see the issues continue on the power supply side I have to say I can't support BFG at this point. OP I hope they resolve your issue on your next RMA.

thats just part of bfg's qa. they chain it to the rear bumper of the official bfg pickup truck and take it around the parking lot for a "scrape".

getting this sort of thing back is just unacceptable imo. you should have gotten a new unit. period.

Just wondering but did you end up having to ship back the unit with scratched s/n with your own money?

Give that cruddy PSU to me. I need to power up an Atom PC.

Congrats on getting a new PSU. Hopefully everything went somewhat hassle-free trying to get it.

Back