RL: new project assignment to help patients fighting cancer

ChristianVirtual

[H]ard DCOTM x3
On the weekend I got SMS from my manager back in Europe that I will become the IT deployment lead for a product launch in my country of residence. While product launches are sometimes more or less exciting: this one is very exciting.
To avoid risk of promotional activity I leave the company and product name out.

The product has shown in patients with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) in trials and commercial use to really "fuck cancer". Basically the patient will be taken blood off the body; that get cryo-preserved send to the production site for individual processing and production of the drug product. That in return will be send back deep frozen to the patient for injection.

Important is that during the whole supply-chain the individual blood of the patient and resulting product is always tracked and in a known condition. Here comes IT in the game to ensure that 100% error free processing of information and product flow is ensured; also considering old and new data/patient privacy rules. That is quite different from how we handled products in the past (mainly shipping boxes via wholesaler to pharmacies).

So yes, it will be an exciting 10 month assignment with use of GxP / CSV methodology for the IT parts combining customer-facing cloud services with internal SAP systems.

Needles to say I'm honored and proud to be part of it ...

Congrats CV. Now to just figure out how to put that into a DC project for all of us to process....lol

maybe use some kind of blockchain to track the blood supply
Unlikely, that would be too much change in the production process/ label printing at this time. Might come at later stages once blockchain is more establish in conventional variants of production and supply chain. Then it could indeed make sense. Encryption capabilities still required. You don’t want patient information free moving in a general ledger.

Last edited:
Back