Rising Storm 2 Vietnam announced.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by cageymaru, Jun 17, 2015.

1. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

2. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardness Supreme

Better than RO2 and RS, but still has a long ways to go.

3. S0orro0W

S0orro0W n00bie

4. Kwaz

Kwaz Whine & Cheezy

I signed up for beta months ago. Not exactly pleased that I haven't been invited. Especially given that I own the previous games.

Sticking with Day of Infamy for now.

5. Shogon

Shogon Limp Gawd

I did the same and have 1200 hours in RO2, and didn't get a key.

But I went on twitch, and got a key from a streamer.

We are not entitled to anything being "veterans" of the series.

6. Kwaz

Kwaz Whine & Cheezy

Totally agree. I used to work in game devolve mentioned. To some degree too much feedback can be a bad thing.

Still, a bit disappointed there wasn't an open beta period. I really dislike when beta keys are primarily given to influencers to pump up a product and get free advertising.

7. HeavensCloud

HeavensCloud Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo

Those environmental textures look like they were made for ~2001 PC, are they going to be put into a new engine before release or something? It looks so antiquated.

8. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

Textures are actually pretty good, my videos don't do them much justice due to to compression.

you can check my graphics settings on the 3:05 mark ( youtube.com/watch?v=Ks6RrYL629I&t=3m05s )

set "world detail" to "low" a few hours before wave 6 ended, had same really bad slowdowns, hopefully next beta will run better, gpu usage is horrible on my r9 390 when the server was filled with players.

it was only 80 keys anyway, try your luck with this link if you haven't done already https://tripwireinteractive.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=0b638f09c7c45666e46052ede&id=57b4e6d4e9

there were only 7000 keys available when I got my invite, devs themselves reported over 120k invite requests at the time.

as always, you can check this section daily for news and updates http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...s-and-announcements/news-and-announcements-ag

PS : an open beta has been confirmed by the devs, wave 7 is the final stage of closed beta.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah. I was lucky to get in the last beta. Some people were saying they had played from the start. The consensus was that the game had improved. My assessment is that it needs optimizing. The graphics are ok. Not much better than the original games. The gameplay is what might set the game apart. It is a bit too easy to die IMO. They would need a bit of an easier mode for this to be a success. As a game played by good squads? Could be really fun. Just runs like crap occasionally and I died alot. I did not have much time to play however. So my opinion is based on about two hours of play time. I did not like the city map. Ho cho mihn? Big time corner camp fest. You try and leave spawn and WHAP.

10. Shogon

Shogon Limp Gawd

There might be an open beta at some point. Hopefully by then we can prone without sliding around and not have so much hitching. Otherwise I can't wait for the realism servers and eventual custom maps made by the community in the coming years.

Well, it is the defenders responsibility to defend the caps ie. camping corners. If you want BF style conquest then Supremacy is your gig. Hue City is a very fun map when you have people utilizing classes properly (SL's staying alive, proper use of smoke from pointman, lmg's laying suppressing fire on windows/doorways).

Plus that is why I, and some others, enjoy the RO/RS series. You die rather easily. Smoke, suppression, and proper use of classes will be even more important now (and communication). Running into the open is a bad idea when your enemy has a vast array of automatic weapons; it was still bad even in the RO2/RS games with bolt rifles. No doubt about it this game has a difficulty different from others FPS games.

Just wish I had more weapon choices as a pointman instead of the grease gun and shotty :D

11. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

I got in the Hue City map a bit late. The camp was on. Problem was that you could not even get an idea of the enemy location to counterattack. I have played the series in the past. I am not saying go BF level of damage but maybe a wee more than currently. I really had a hard time telling where fire was coming from too. Again, very limited play time. I might be totally wrong. The performance issues must improve though. The slowdowns were critical to the game play.

12. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

#HYPE

[​IMG]

PS : you bet your ass I have already preordered :D

13. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM OFFICIALLY GOES INTO ACTION ON MAY 30th, CELEBRATES ANNOUNCEMENT WITH OPEN BETA
    19 MAY - [TW]YOSHIRO
    ROSWELL, GA – May 19, 2017 – Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce today the official release date for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, the sequel to the smash hit Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’. The game will be available to play at 12:00PM Pacific Time on Tuesday 30th May. Fans who pre-ordered should be able to pre-load before that. The game will also be available to buy via Steam, at a 10% discount for the day, with the Standard Edition available for $24.99 and the Digital Deluxe Edition priced at $29.99 normally.

To celebrate the impending release of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Antimatter Games are kicking off an Open Beta that begins today and runs until 4:00PM EDT on Monday, May 22nd. This will act just like a Free Weekend - head for the Steam Store page, download and play!

Tripwire Interactive is also including a new “goodie” for Killing Floor 2 PC owners who pre-order or buy the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Digital Deluxe Edition. They will receive four bonus Rising Storm 2: Vietnam themed weapons skins to use in Killing Floor 2 for the PC. Those weapon skins include the RPG-7 rocket launcher, the M16 with M203 grenade launcher attachment, the M1911 automatic pistol and the classic Lever Action Rifle. Note – the weapon skins will be available as part of Killing Floor 2’s next major update which will be announced at a later date.

[​IMG]

Tripwire and Antimatter Games have also created and released a series of tutorial videos for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam that offer up some great insights into the various aspects of gameplay. They can be viewed here.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is currently under development by Antimatter Games and will be published by Tripwire Interactive for PC.

14. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardness Supreme

I am torn between getting this or not. The last builds added in a lot of fluff again. Stuff I was glad was absent from RS2 compared from RO2/RS made it back in. Take the odd "leaves on screen" effect when crouching against a wall. Like blood on the screen, but now leaves when in cover. When the first game came out many years ago the concept of suppression was neat and it did its job. But since Darkest Hour, everything takes it to crazy levels. Some of the LMGs are crazy inaccurate, but have high levels of "suppression" effects. Feels very CoD like in those instances. The RPD also overheats quicker than an AK, which makes it inferior for laying down lots of lead. Killing the whole point of the weapon / class. Then other odd things, like the M16 being more accurate in full auto than it is in semi. All weird balance decisions.

But it is better than RO2/RS. When the games doesn't force you into the SL role, commanders don't drop arty on your spawn then complain, ect. it can be a decent experience.

15. horrorshow

horrorshow 2[H]4U

As a die hard RO2 vet, I'm keeping an eye on this....

16. SoFGR

SoFGR [H]ard|Gawd

managed to record 1 full supremacy + 1 full territories game during the closed beta 7

youtube.com/watch?v=48Y94agSAgY&t=9m14s

youtube.com/watch?v=YYTjy7XyvZ0&t=26m07s

here's some skirmish mode footage that i recorded this morning, just in case you're not in the mood for the usual 32v32 clusterfuck :)

spaceman likes this.