Rise of the Triad remake? I'll take two

I can't say I understand it. the graphics have some nice effects but overall are ugly compared to modern games.

:rolleyes:

I never played this game, didn't have a computer back then, but jesus dude, the graphics are perfectly fine. It's obviously a fun game, with crazy gameplay takes priority over graphics, like Duke Nukem, or the Serious Same games....sometimes just blowing stuff up and having fun is fun.....instead of complaining that the graphics aren't that good. If you want realistic graphics go outside for pete's sake.

Game looks like a lot of fun, i'll have to keep my eye on it.

:rolleyes:

I never played this game, didn't have a computer back then, but jesus dude, the graphics are perfectly fine. It's obviously a fun game, with crazy gameplay takes priority over graphics, like Duke Nukem, or the Serious Same games....sometimes just blowing stuff up and having fun is fun.....instead of complaining that the graphics aren't that good. If you want realistic graphics go outside for pete's sake.

Game looks like a lot of fun, i'll have to keep my eye on it.

A game that isn't out yet isn't "obviously fun"; it could end up being unplayable trash for all we know.

As for the graphics, it just looks like any other designed-for-consoles-first game that uses Unreal Engine - which is traditionally the first clue that a game will be ported to PC. Graphically that trailer looks dated, and that's really the only thing we have to judge by right now.

I put sooo many hours in on this game. Can't belive there remaking it. Just the original with updated graphics would make me happy..

I will be one of the few I guess to say this game looks like ass. Yes I played the original when it first came out. Didnt think it was all that great back then either. I did like eating the mushrooms.

Wow this looks fucking amazing. I truly think this is the game we have all been waiting for.

I played the hell out of Rott. With that said I don't know if I will pick up the remake. I don't think it offers anything that I would be interested in and it doesn't look like it really pays a lot of homeage to the original. It was just so new and fresh back then. It added so many things that blew my mind as a pc gamer. Things were actually 3d and you could go up a platform while somebody was below it. It was one of the first games where you could use 2 guns. Hell, just the fact that you could jump was revolutionary back then. All this made the game so great back in the day but does nothing for me now. There have just been too many good pieces added to what pc gaming is now to dig this cornerstone back up and try and repurpose it into today's market.

I'll stick with the very fond memories instead of (probably) ruining them with a new game.

Last edited:
Good game. Use to play ROTT for many hours. The game was addictive and still is. The remake looks pretty good ;)

I sincerely hope that the voices were just place holders and not the actual ingame voices.

Yeah you had to be a gamer back them to think it was the coolest shit ever.

Back then I was busy designing DOOM 2 singleplayer and multiplayer maps for various community projects. Speaking of which, level design was always one of RoTT's biggest failure areas...the maps were utterly terrible.

Those were fun.

Anyone remember Corridor 7 Alien Invasion?

Definitely bring back games of the 90s. Heck I would not even care if the graphics were not upgraded, just let them run on modern 64bit OS!

ROTT was awesome especially with my Turtle Beach Multisound and custom GM patches. Loved the music and especially the moaning when the "Hand of God" was used!

Those were the good days!! I remember corridor 7 too.

Being a teenager + ROTT with extra gore cheat = good times back then. :D

I am definetly curious about this game. Atleast they got the gore part (needs moar flying eyeballs though) and there seems to be a lot of fast paced movement and jumping involved.

I'd rather have remakes of older games than play most of this new crap they got coming out.

Castle Wolfenstine 3D
Doom
Descent
Duke
Hexen/Heretic
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Jedi Knight
Wing Commander III
Elite Force series
Republic Commando

All are shining examples of games that brought good gameplay to the table

The lack of new Descent is definetly disturbing and desperately NEEDS a reboot. That game would be fucking awesome on modern graphics.

Not that graphics are everything, of course. But yeah, there are tons of old IPs that need revival. And I mean actual revival of dead serie, not sequelitis or remake which are quite deragory terms nowadays. :p

$15 and free DLC is pretty slick. Not bad at all...definitely looks like a fast-paced old-school shooter.

I'm going to check the reviews day 1 and make sure I don't blow money, but I'll probably buy this guy as soon as its released. Looks awesome from the leaked vids I've seen. Loved me some ROTT

eek_big-1.gif

I don't think I ever played MP Rott. I want to say I remember playing it single player though.

I can't get into the super fast shooters.

If someone would remake Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 I would be in.

18 years later and still playing the same game? * le sigh *

If you had told me in 1995, that I'd be playing the sequel to the game in 18 years, I would never have believed you ( because it's as ludicrous a concept now, as it would have been back then ). ROTT was a fun, entertaining game back then but I have as much enthusiasm about a remake, as I do about a remake of The Poseidon Adventure... it would be nice to see the gaming industry move the fuck on already.

What do you mean "still playing the same game"? How many classic arena shooters do you know that have been released in the last 5-10 years?

What do you mean "still playing the same game"? How many classic arena shooters do you know that have been released in the last 5-10 years?

I dunno. The MP footage looked pretty decent to me. Fast paced arena shooters should never die. New mechaincs would certainly be nice, and I hope there is something new to it, but a fully featured MP for an arena shooter doesn't happen all that often these days.

The guy made his own thread, which is going to get deleted, so I thought I should preserve his contribution.

With Doom 4 down the shitter, this might be the FPS to play for a long time. Talking about MP, of course.

Not sure if anyone was posted about this yet. Personally I can can't freaking wait, and I'm glad to see old guys coming back to show all the CoD kiddies how it's done.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVx_vxZvMDc

One of my favorite games in the 90s. Going to get this for sure if it ends up being good. Looks good so far from the video ;)

18 years later and still playing the same game? * le sigh *

If you had told me in 1995, that I'd be playing the sequel to the game in 18 years, I would never have believed you ( because it's as ludicrous a concept now, as it would have been back then ). ROTT was a fun, entertaining game back then but I have as much enthusiasm about a remake, as I do about a remake of The Poseidon Adventure... it would be nice to see the gaming industry move the fuck on already.

You instead prefer the endless wave of CoD/Halo/Half-Life wannabes that we are getting now year after year after year? There hasnt been a classic rocket-tag game for ages. We desperately need games like this new RoTT reboot to bring some fresh air (odd thing to say for decades old genre) and mindless fun to a genre that is stagnating fast.

Hell Yes. I can't wait for this to come out this summer and the price is awesome as well. I can't wait to blast everyone to bits :D

Day 1 if not earlier :)

14 euro. Price is more than acceptable for this gem.

Back