Rise of the triad editing modding

tehkewl1

n00b
Hi, just a quick note to let you all those interested, that I've created a new site dedicated to editing and modding the great game Rise of the Triad, it's at http://rott.s4.bizhat.com
Everyone is welcome to join!!

thanks

now if you can get it to the point of risen3d for doom, i'll be very interested in that. was my favorite game back in the day.

Well, thanks for the interest Trav! We're working on that. Do you know about birger's port? It's fairly advanced.

I need to get a copy of ROTT again. The flamewall was one sweet weapon that I've never, ever seen duplicated.

All you had to do was fire at the ground in front of your feet, and a wall of fire rolled across the room, and you'd hear this xylophone noise of your charred enemies' skeletons dropping to the ground.

Goddamn, I miss that weapon. That, and the break-open Doom 2 double shotgun.

tehkewl1 said:
Wasnt that game released in 1995?
Nope. Released on December 21, 1994, on the same day as Marathon, in a photo finish for the first FPS implementation of guns akimbo.

I absolutely LOVED the Hunter/Prey mode. The prey would have no weapon, and the huntewr would have a knife. You'd chase the prey, and try to rack up kills, but then the roles would change and the hunter would be come the prey. Very fun.

haha nice work...I bet a high % of the ppl here have no clue what ROTT is ..that and BNC. great times!

I remember ROTT.. Man that was so long ago it seems.. Great game, but Well out dates and lost to time it seems. (Like Blake Stone, Terminator: rampage...)

One of my fav games back in the day , I was hoping they would have made it freeware by now :(. I'll have to get it at somepoint. Drunken Missles ftw

I remember playing ROTT on my 486 and shrinking it down to the smallest screen and getting insane FPS and thinking 'this is what it would be like at full screen with a pentium 100!

ROTT is probably one of my favourite FPS games. I still have my copy on floppies.

Back