Rise of the Tomb Raider

More excited for temple of osiris it has more of a chance be a proper tomb raider game. Gaurdian of light was great.

Guardian of light was a lot of fun; is that the only 'puzzle' tomb raiders game ?

The TR reboot was a great experience. I'm really looking forward to playing this sequel when its released.

The Tomb Raider reboot was one of the best games I played last year, disappointing that all they have to show atm is a CGI trailer.

I enjoyed the remake. but it was a little over the top, the whole game was one never ending catastrophe that Laura was at the center of. also basically no puzzels wft, plus her tits seemed to grow as the game went on (not a complaint, just an observation).

Probably a day one buy for me if i can find a decent sale.

terrible title though...they should have named it after her latest adventure- Last Revelation, Curse of the Sword etc

I enjoyed the remake. but it was a little over the top, the whole game was one never ending catastrophe that Laura was at the center of. also basically no puzzels wft, plus her tits seemed to grow as the game went on (not a complaint, just an observation).

Probably a day one buy for me if i can find a decent sale.

I think that you were just more observant of her premium genetics as the game went on. :p

I hope they stick the PC Lara Croft model and not the definitive verison....

The TR reboot was a great experience. I'm really looking forward to playing this sequel when its released.

I agree. Underrated and overlooked arguably.

I keep warning people: Be patient in the early goings because, yes, the QTEs are a little excessive to get the story and setup off the ground. If you can do that you're gold from there on out.

Sure is. MS must have really thrown a ton of money at it.

"Hey guys! I just brokered an exclusive deal with MS for the Xbox One!!!! Now we can have exclusive rights to the console with the worst market share!"

Dumb decision by Square Enix. Even dumber decision by MS, considering how much money they must have thrown at SE to take the deal. Tomb Raider is not a system seller in most people's eyes. Now I'm pissed I am gong to have to wait til 2016 to get this on PC.

I just laugh at it, Square Enix CONSTANTLY whined and complained about the "poor" sales from the reboot and what not (It actually sold better than many of the previous Tomb Raider games).

Now they are limiting it to the WEAKEST seller of all? (Sold more on ps4/pc then xbox 360).

I just laugh at it, Square Enix CONSTANTLY whined and complained about the "poor" sales from the reboot and what not (It actually sold better than many of the previous Tomb Raider games).

Now they are limiting it to the WEAKEST seller of all? (Sold more on ps4/pc then xbox 360).

Thinking about it more, this might be the only way Square Enix could justify a sequel. My guess is the game costs a shit-ton to make and the reboot, though spectacular, didn't make the money to justify this new game. In comes Microsoft with a blank check, Square Enix gets paid, and Microsoft has an Uncharted 4 competitor.

Gamers lose, as always.

:mad: I'll have to wait 1+ year after release before I see anything on PC or PS4.

Ah I remember fondly the original Womb Raider... er... Tomb Raider games. Quite possibly the hottest chick portrayed in a kids game. Yummy!

worm

Keeping it off PS4 is somewhat understandable even though it sucks for consumers, , but moneyhatting a developer to keep it off PC? So much for their bullshit statements about "Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming.". And just more reason to enjoy the Xbone continuing to crash and burn as the weakest selling and most underpowered new gen console, that's losing MS hundreds of millions per quarter. Square Enix will learn a painful lesson too when it's all said and done - they should ask Crytek how well it went limiting themselves to an Xbone exclusive.

This will not be a system seller, just like Titanfall wasn't. I've played every TR since the original on PC, but I won't be playing this one on Xbone, I just won't be playing at all. F@#k Microsoft.

Last edited:
I really hope everyone remembers how M$ is treating us. They'll say exclusive now and next year they'll port it to PC. M$ loves to double-dip, don't give in now or later.

Keeping it off PS4 is somewhat understandable even though it sucks for consumers, , but moneyhatting a developer to keep it off PC? So much for their bullshit statements about "Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming.". And just more reason to enjoy the Xbone continuing to crash and burn as the weakest selling and most underpowered new gen console, that's losing MS
hundreds of millions per quarter. Square Enix will learn a painful lesson too when it's all said and done.

This will not be a system seller, just like Titanfall wasn't, just like Crytek lost by hitching their wagon to the poorest selling console with Ryse.
I've played every TR since the original on PC, but I won't be playing this one on Xbone, I just won't be playing at all. Fuck you Microsoft.

Exclusivity deals aren't always about grabbing the big system sellers. Perception is a big thing with consumers. The PS3 suffered under the perception of having no games for a few years, Nintendo suffers from the perception of 3rd parties not having a chance, etc. If they pull in enough big exclusives it shifts positive perception towards them. Same reason Sony is putting so much money and effort being Destiny, they want games to associate Destiny with the Playstation 4. There is no way Sony could have afforded the money to make it exclusive but they're doing a good job planting the idea in people's minds.

The Tomb Raider reboot was well reviewed, sold well, and had a lot of positive reception among the gaming community. Whether it is timed and truly exclusive MS pulling it in for launch gives it the impression of being a Xbox game. With it releasing holiday season 2015 there is time for MS to line up games to boost sales a head of time and to use it as another reason to buy a console. This is helped even more if MS plans to launch Halo 5 next year.

As for SE. They're not exactly doing the greatest financially so getting marketing and publishing paid for by MS, along with probably development funding it makes sense in the short time. It's a gamble and can be further proof of SE simply not understanding how to manage Eidos IP or how to deal with the current generation, but there is some potential for payoff. That said, if they're expecting sales equal to the first game they might have made a bad bet.

The game is going to be one enormous quick-time event. You'll merely watch Lara do stuff for eight hours, and somewhere within that eight hour stretch of time, you'll have to press a button at the correct time.

The 9/10 reviews are going to be overflowing!

I am telling you, the best statement as gamer to be made to MS is to trade your Xbox 360's and Ones in for a Playstation 4. Or if your like me and miss Mario Kart and Zelda, trade it in for a Wii U and have fun again. I just trade both systems in for a Wii U and we are having a ball playing Mario Kart on my 73" TV. When Mortal Kombat comes out next year, we will THEN buy a PS4.

I had nothing but problems with the Xbox 1. I was up to having to hard reset the console 3 times a week for video issues. I had enough of the RROD with the 360 that I wasn't going through this bullshit again with M$. Screw them and their next, next gen they will be forced to release in 3 years or less. God dang it I wish SEGA could get back into the game system wars! (With a proper marketing group, unlike what they did with Dreamcast.)

So is MS plan to have Tomb Raider be the competitor to Uncharted? Unlike the Uncharted Series, Tomb Raider is not a 'system seller'. This could very well be a terrible/or amazing move for CD's and MS -- i'm going with the former as I don't see TR as a brand that will bring in the 'dudebro' crowd that makes up the Xbox demographic. Stick to what you know Xbox, COD and Halo.

First one was great.. But the game is not a system seller.. It will come to PC eventually. I ain't even mad. Got better games to look forward too..

I am telling you, the best statement as gamer to be made to MS is to trade your Xbox 360's and Ones in for a Playstation 4

I wouldn't go that far. Sony is pretty shady in their own way. Sony plays the consumer-hostile game of paying money to companies to keep a title off competing platforms.

The difference with Sony however is they don't own another platform (Windows) that they then blow smoke that they're "still committed to gamers on it" like Microsoft does. MS is schizofrenic -- on one hand they're desperate for that Apple-like, synergistic, "halo effect" of people buying into their family of products and platforms (ie they believed WIndows 8's Metro would make people want to get Windows Phone and Surface tablets). On the other hand, they not only ignore the gaming users of their biggest OS platform, but actively take steps to blockade its health and growth because they think gaming on Windows means cannibalizing Xbox sales.

Alienation of existing customers is far worse because it means losing customers you already had and will probably never get back. And I doubt that Windows users boycotting Xbox and either going PS4 or preparing to jump ship to SteamOS/Steam Machines for the longterm living room gaming solution is something they really want. And they'll eventually backpedal but and introduce some half assed measure like GFWL 2 or something, but as usual, will only be after its too late.

Last edited:
Everybody relax:rolleyes: like titanfall im sure the pc version will launch on the same day:cool:

It's with a certainty of 99% a timed Xbone exclusive for now, but the way things are going SE may have to go back to MS and beg them to tie it up, because it's going to be HILARIOUS to see CD/SE turn around in 2016 and try to sell this game to us after pissing in our faces.

I'll forgive them, at the 75% steam sale.

It's 99% certain a timed Xbone exclusive for now, but the way things are going SE may have to go back to MS and beg them to tie it up, because it's going to be HILARIOUS to see CD/SE turn around in 2016 and try to sell this game to us after pissing in our faces.

Do you get this pissed off at EVERY 3rd party exclusive?

Do you get this pissed off at EVERY 3rd party exclusive?

I can't think of any that's been this blatantly moneyhatted. I read NeoGAF, I've seen many warriors try to bring up examples, but they're usually very flawed. Also, my anger is based in the continued lying, not the exclusivity per-se (since it's only timed).

I can't think of any that's been this blatantly moneyhatted. I read NeoGAF, I've seen many warriors try to bring up examples, but they're usually very flawed. Also, my anger is based in the continued lying, not the exclusivity per-se (since it's only timed).

Almost every single "console" or timed exclusive I've seen has used similar language in the announcement. The only this different here is what Crystal is saying. If you look at there words it almost sounds like MS is part of the reason Rise is coming out in the first place. Highly doubt this is a Bayonetta 2 situation, but if MS is giving them that much support and money it being as the very least a timed exclusive makes all kinds of sense. Also makes sense why MS would be so serious about preserving that image.

Of course even if that is the case chances are we will never know because SE will never admit they aren't in a situation to be able to afford to make a title, especially when they've been sinking money into FFXV for over eight years.

This precisely. People assuming "whats the big deal these exclusivity deals are nothing new" don't seem to understand its a slap in the face to Windows gamers of a beloved franchise thats always been on Windows PC, combined with the fact MICROSOFT OWNS WINDOWS.

The latest TR was pretty well received, a revival of the series, and for Microsoft to pay money to keep it off one of their own platforms is what's fueling this cyclone of hate on MS. Sure SquareEnix is partly to blame, but people don't blame them as much because they're just taking some easy millions upfront to hedge their bets on the success of the title. 10, 15 or 25 mil means more to SE than it does to MS. What they didn't count on however is the PR shitstorm growing into a category 4 with no signs of slowing down.

Last edited:
dont worry guys.

titanfall, plants vs zombies, dead rising, hell even Ryse is on PC now.

this will be too.

Microsoft: Killing PC gaming since 2001™

8KcBJ1C.png

To be fair, he didn't say /when/ it is happening.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/12/w...ders-exclusivity-deal-is-a-prehistoric-relic/

What this deal really tells us, then, is that this is not so much a marriage of convenience between Square and Microsoft as one of desperation. Having misguidedly tried to foist a voice-controlled televisual utopia onto console gamers, Microsoft is now struggling to claw back the core gaming ground it lost to Sony’s now dominant PS4. But if having a sexy new shooter like Titanfall didn’t turn the dial for Microsoft sufficiently, I see little reason to expect another Tomb Raider to do so.

8KcBJ1C.png

To be fair, he didn't say /when/ it is happening.

Heh. The problem I see with MS is follow through in a lot of things. Spencer probably meant every word he said about the PC market. He probably would love to expand MS games to the PC more. However MS has so many layers of red tape (or bullshit, pick your term) that nothing can get done and they are so bloody desperate to make the Xbox division work (it has never once made a profit) that they are blind to everything else. If it wasn't for MS' money pit the Xbox would never have made it to the 360. Hell if MS wasn't using Android royalties to hide just how much the Entertainment division as a whole loses every quarter stock holders would start lynching the board.

Back