Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 - $30 at newegg

Hmm.. just picked up the TR Definitive Edition on PSN over the weekend for $8 on PSN and played through it for the first time. I think this one was on PSN too for a considerably smaller discount too. I thought this game came out a long time ago, but release date shows just a few months ago in October. It seems it was out on PC long before that.

TR: DE was a decent game but I think playing all of the Uncharted games again right before playing this kinda dampened the experience a bit since this seems like a slightly watered down Uncharted game. The characters, story, and dialog weren't nearly as good, but the action and gameplay was. The framerate was really inconsistent throughout the game as well. Does this one play pretty smooth on PS4?

Hmm.. just picked up the TR Definitive Edition on PSN over the weekend for $8 on PSN and played through it for the first time. I think this one was on PSN too for a considerably smaller discount too. I thought this game came out a long time ago, but release date shows just a few months ago in October. It seems it was out on PC long before that.

TR: DE was a decent game but I think playing all of the Uncharted games again right before playing this kinda dampened the experience a bit since this seems like a slightly watered down Uncharted game. The characters, story, and dialog weren't nearly as good, but the action and gameplay was. The framerate was really inconsistent throughout the game as well. Does this one play pretty smooth on PS4?

The frame rate and resolution on the PS4 is the same as Xbox One, 1080p30. On the PS4 Pro, you can choose 1080p60, 1080p30 with increased effects or 4k30 if you have a 4k TV. I just beat Uncharted 4 and I've played a little of the first Tomb Raider, and I must say that Uncharted does have a great story, but it's more of a run and gun / take cover "action" game than Tomb Raider.

Back