Rise Of The Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Lets You Play As Classic Lara

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you thought you were done with the new Tomb Raider, think again. As part of the franchise’s 20th anniversary celebration, plenty of new content will be available, such as a new story chapter and classic Lara skins that can be used for Expedition mode. The PS4 version, which they’re attaching the “20 Year Celebration” moniker to, will finally be out in October.

With the exception of VR support, all of the new content in Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will also be available for Xbox One and PC players. Current Season Pass owners on Xbox One and PC will automatically receive the content for free, and moving forward the existing Season Pass will be updated to include the new content. There is no Season Pass on PlayStation 4, as all of the content is included in the initial release.

I had a lot of fun with Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I am not sure that some DLC will be enough to bring me back to play more.

Loved the game (I recently played for a 2nd time) but the DLC all seems very underwhelming especially when you consider the price.
I doubt that “Blood Ties” will be any different.

I enjoyed the game but DLC is way too expensive (for a $60 game). PS4 users also get this DLC for free. After Witcher 3, it's hard to justify $20 for maybe a few hours of gameplay the DLC brings. I finished RoTR with 100% completion in just under 40 hours. Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC took up about as much. Personally, I feel devs need to try harder or offer more reasonable prices. I still don't quite agree that PC games demand same pricing as console yet carry no licensing fees. I'm a pretty strong opponent of DLC and many companies really do it wrong and milk people. Some games have reasonable DLC which provides good value.

So you get to play as Lara with the massive triangle titties? I'm getting a lil chub just thinking about it.

Loved the game (I recently played for a 2nd time) but the DLC all seems very underwhelming especially when you consider the price.
I doubt that “Blood Ties” will be any different.

What, you have to pay for this?
lol, no chance.

Its an amusement only.
Charging for this loses them brownie points.

Is it better than Lara Croft - Tomb Raider? While I enjoyed the graphics (of the DE version anyway) I hated the character dialog and wanted to kill all my "friends"

Back