Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not throw around sjw, let's throw around incel instead!

Throwing around "SJW": BAD!
Throwing around "incel": GOOD!

So you are suggesting the reverse is OK? Read the thread, as that is exactly what is being done and what you have just completed.

A SJW ... by definition is .
Depends on who has written the definition, since sjw is not a scientifically definable term.

I define a SJW as a repressed racist and sexist who is promoting oppression of straight white men to achieve equality of outcome in all things measurable. And no, I don't mean they are racist against white men, they think white men are superior compared to all others because they believe the only way anyone can achieve equality with a white dude is when the white dude is held back.

I wholeheartedly reject that notion, and I think women and people of color are just as capable of achieving success as white men, given the same opportunities. So sidelining white men to give way to women or people of color, is not just unfair to the men being displaced, or stripped of opportunities, but extremely insulting to people of color and women as well.

How would it feel if someone said to you: " Hey step up, take the place of this white guy, cause I know you couldn't achieve it on your own! "

So you are suggesting the reverse is OK? Read the thread, as that is exactly what is being done and what you have just completed.
Reverse of what? I completed what? You're not making sense at all.

I love when people claim "fans are passionate about Star Wars" and then completely forget about Leia being one of the first SJWs. Who took out multiple storm troopers on the death star, because Like couldn't shoot for shit when fumbling with his grappling hook. Who took out multiple storm troopers in the detention block and created an escape route for bumbling Han and Lukes rescue attempt. Who single-handedly killed Jabba? Are people even familiar with who Carrie Fisher was?
SJW didn't even exist up until a few years ago, before that it was just people standing up for what they did. The fact that SJW is even a thing is a joke because it is just plain virtue signalling people pretending they are adding something that was already there. The idea of oppression from society is a joke. There are plenty of women through out history who fought for what they wanted and were not labeled as such. If you want to claim your a SJW your part of the problem with society not the solution. Leah couldn't have done a whole lot without her friends just rembmer that......if they didn't come get her she is a good as dead. There are far more aspects to her story than just her part of if......

Depends on who has written the definition, since sjw is not a scientifically definable term.

I define a SJW as a repressed racist and sexist who is promoting oppression of straight white men to achieve equality of outcome in all things measurable. And no, I don't mean they are racist against white men, they think white men are superior compared to all others because they believe the only way anyone can achieve equality with a white dude is when the white dude is held back.

I wholeheartedly reject that notion, and I think women and people of color are just as capable of achieving success as white men, given the same opportunities. So sidelining white men to give way to women or people of color, is not just unfair to the men being displaced, or stripped of opportunities, but extremely insulting to people of color and women as well.

How would it feel if someone said to you: " Hey step up, take the place of this white guy, cause I know you couldn't achieve it on your own! "
I would disagree with this. You are describing motive and not behavior. SJW's feel the need to instill Progressive and Intersectionalist ideas in all public spaces and push out opposing or conflicting or non-conforming mindsets.

As for motive. I agree they are racist, even viscerally so. But they absolve their guilt over these racist impulses and feelings by not just not doing what a racist would do but doing the inverse. They do this because they absolve their guilt by saying its society that made them this way and therefore they displace that guilt onto everyone else. So everyone else must be punished for the slightest perceived racism until they stop feeling racist. Which will never happen so they are never satisfied.

I would disagree with this. You are describing motive and not behavior. SJW's feel the need to instill Progressive and Intersectionalist ideas in all public spaces and push out opposing or conflicting or non-conforming mindsets.

As for motive. I agree they are racist, even viscerally so. But they absolve their guilt over these racist impulses and feelings by not just not doing what a racist would do but doing the inverse. They do this because they absolve their guilt by saying its society that made them this way and therefore they displace that guilt onto everyone else. So everyone else must be punished for the slightest perceived racism until they stop feeling racist. Which will never happen so they are never satisfied.

Its the old adage of becoming what you hate/fight. The vocal ones are all racist, sexist, bigotted, victim blame/shamers, bar none. Humans literally cannot help it, the only way to not become what you hate is to let it go.

Star Wars has been dead for a long time. Maybe they will just kill if off. Get someone with a new vision and make it great once again. But disney will screw that up

I am going to a screening on Dec 19th for free with Nutanix. Free is the only reason I am going as the last movie was a dumpster fire and I could really care less about this movie. Free snacks will hopefully make it worth it.

SJW didn't even exist up until a few years ago, before that it was just people standing up for what they did. The fact that SJW is even a thing is a joke because it is just plain virtue signalling people pretending they are adding something that was already there. The idea of oppression from society is a joke. There are plenty of women through out history who fought for what they wanted and were not labeled as such. If you want to claim your a SJW your part of the problem with society not the solution. Leah couldn't have done a whole lot without her friends just rembmer that......if they didn't come get her she is a good as dead. There are far more aspects to her story than just her part of if......

False.

Social justice warrior is a term that has been around for a very long time and was once referenced in a positive light. It is only recently that the term has been hijacked, by the extreme right, to be incorrectly used as a negative term to attack liberals.

A Social justice warrior is someone who promotes progressive values such as feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, etc. People like civil rights icon Rosa Parks, union activist Michel Chartrand, women's rights activist Susan B Anthony were once described as social justice warriors.

The 70s and 80s were much different then it is today. It was socially acceptable to make fun of women, minorities, and homosexuals. Short circuit (1986) Had a main character, Fisher Stevens, wearing brown face, speaking like Apu from the Simpsons and no one batted an eye. Dire Straights Money for nothing (1986) openly attacks homosexuals. 70s and 80s car Ads directly made fun of women drivers and their lack of driving ability and knowledge.

This is why, in 1977, Princess Leia, can accurately be describe as a SJW, using the term correctly and not the improper far right mis-use, due to what she did, and how she acted in the film. Today Leia's actions would not even register ... but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, she was most defintely a social justice warrior. Carrie Fisher has spoke on this ... I would think she would know what she was talking about.

Last edited:
Leah is a character with lots of moxie and sex appeal. No one thought she was a radical feminist who hates men. The relationship between Han and Leah is believable. Han is a big kid and Leah a mother figure who takes charge. Rey is an empty character, she doesn't posses any human qualities people can relate to. Kylo is nothing more than a spoiled child. As poorly thought out as it was, Vader's turn to the dark side is more believable. SW has become an ideological shitfest and its boring to watch. The original SW was a franchise beloved by all and now its an empty featurette of cgi tech. The writers have no concept of the human condition. Men and women are different creatures with different physical, emotional and mental qualities. When you create characters that play on these differences then you'll have something people will invest in.

The real battle is truth vs ideology. The way its supposed to work is you have an idea and you suss it out using facts/observation to arrive at truth. Nowadays its 'my ideology is true, you can not question it'.

seems like the thread upset a sjw...
"stop saying SJW, you incels" lol
The irony is delicious. As soon as I used the term Incel (And i didn't even label anyone as an Incel I said it was CLOSE to incel territory), in direct response to the incorrect and over use of the term SJW, so many posters were quickly triggered. This is why I stated that those who toss around the term SJW and really exactly like SJWs the only difference is they are on the other end of the spectrum.

The irony is delicious. As soon as I used the term Incel (And i didn't even label anyone as an Incel I said it was CLOSE to incel territory), in direct response to the incorrect and over use of the term SJW, so many posters were quickly triggered. This is why I stated that those who toss around the term SJW and really exactly like SJWs the only difference is they are on the other end of the spectrum.
They funny thing is you started throwing the term SJW around to try and trigger people. I was just pointing out the fact that these people existed BEFORE the whole SJW term was coined. Well before you think it first begain, its call normal poeple who stand up for what they believe in but what you are trying to do is to capture it for your own sides story. They don't have to be associated with "progressive" thought, feminism, multiculturalism.
Believe it or not this country is light years from what it once used to be. The problem we have now is people and the media are highlighting the minor issues and trying to make them bigger. When you try to hold down the very thing you are trying to achieve you are moving in reverse, you are becoming the very thing you "fight for".

Funny thing is I haven't heard of Social Justice Warrior used in this context up until the last 10 years......

Last edited:
False.

Social justice warrior is a term that has been around for a very long time and was once referenced in a positive light. It is only recently that the term has been hijacked, by the extreme right, to be incorrectly used as a negative term to attack liberals.
Revisionism? I mean it fits the profile so I'm not surprised. SJW is a relatively new phrase used to describe those in favour of equality of outcome over equal opportunity. The actual SJWs did try to co-opt the term and use it as a badge of honor, but it didn't work. Their arch nemesis (the so called far right) still uses the term with the same negative connotation. Of course their definition of the far right is so loose that most sane liberals fit in it.

A Social justice warrior is someone who promotes progressive values such as feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, etc. People like civil rights icon Rosa Parks, union activist Michel Chartrand, women's rights activist Susan B Anthony were once described as social justice warriors.
It doesn't matter what you claim to be, what matters is what you are. And no, you're not Rosa Parks, and the fact that you want to mention the modern SJWs on the same page is disgracing every actual hero of social progress. You're late to the party, we have equal rights already, it's time you accepted that.

The 70s and 80s were much different then it is today. It was socially acceptable to make fun of women, minorities, and homosexuals. Short circuit (1986) Had a main character, Fisher Stevens, wearing brown face, speaking like Apu from the Simpsons and no one batted an eye. Dire Straights Money for nothing (1986) openly attacks homosexuals. 70s and 80s car Ads directly made fun of women drivers and their lack of driving ability and knowledge.
Making fun of something is not attacking them. If it was then you couldn't make fun of anything. Only lunatics think that making fun of stereotypes should be a crime.

This is why, in 1977, Princess Leia, can accurately be describe as a SJW, using the term correctly and not the improper far right mis-use, due to what she did, and how she acted in the film. Today Leia's actions would not even register ... but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, she was most defintely a social justice warrior. Carrie Fisher has spoke on this ... I would think she would know what she was talking about.
Yeah because we all know that actresses are authorities on social norms.

Revisionism? I mean it fits the profile so I'm not surprised. SJW is a relatively new phrase used to describe those in favour of equality of outcome over equal opportunity. The actual SJWs did try to co-opt the term and use it as a badge of honor, but it didn't work. Their arch nemesis (the so called far right) still uses the term with the same negative connotation. Of course their definition of the far right is so loose that most sane liberals fit in it.
False the term social justice warrior has been around for decades. It is only recently that the term has been hijacked by the right to attack liberals. You can easily verify this with your search engine of choice. Here is an example from 1991:
[Quebec guitarist Rene] Lussier will present the world premiere of his ambitious Quebecois mood piece Le Tresor de la Langue, which juxtaposes the spoken word—including sound bites from Charles de Gaulle and Quebec nationalist and social-justice warrior Michel Chartrand—with new-music noodlings.

It doesn't matter what you claim to be, what matters is what you are. And no, you're not Rosa Parks, and the fact that you want to mention the modern SJWs on the same page is disgracing every actual hero of social progress. You're late to the party, we have equal rights already, it's time you accepted that.
Where exactly have I claimed to be a SJW? Can you quote it? I simply suggested that those incorrectly tossing around the term and claiming everything is SJW are “close to incel territory” and a whole bunch of you were triggered by that ... proving the point I was making.
Making fun of something is not attacking them. If it was then you couldn't make fun of anything. Only lunatics think that making fun of stereotypes should be a crime.
The only time I used the term attacking is in reference to the dire straights song, from the 80s attacking homosexuals. The lyrics are quite clear and Dire straights actually changed the lyrics due to the outcry.
Yeah because we all know that actresses are authorities on social norms.
Carrie fisher was Princess Leia. She had direct input into the character. To suggest she didn’t understand the motivation behind Leia is hilarious.

Last edited:
Honestly, the first trailer was better. And as usual for these types of movies, too many spoilers given in this one - like Kylo and Rey working together. I might see it after it comes out on Disney+ and Disney+ is available on PC and I actually decide to subscribe.

I think the opposite...they are not giving away any major spoilers at all...you can't even really tell what the movie is about...I think the Rey/Kylo thing is misdirection...this is a JJ Abrams movie so you know he loves mystery...they're not even showing a full shot of Emperor Palpatine

speaking of JJ Abrams, anyone check out that new HBO Watchmen series?

False the term social justice warrior has been around for decades. It is only recently that the term has been hijacked by the right to attack liberals. You can easily verify this with your search engine of choice. Here is an example from 1991:

Where exactly have I claimed to be a SJW? Can you quote it? I simply suggested that those incorrectly tossing around the term and claiming everything is SJW are “close to incel territory” and a whole bunch of you were triggered by that ... proving the point I was making.

The only time I used the term attacking is in reference to the dire straights song, from the 80s attacking homosexuals. The lyrics are quite clear and Dire straights actually changed the lyrics due to the outcry.
THat is wrong. DIre STraights has said they were mocking what blue collar guys ,like the ones in the video , said about rock stars. It was misunderstood so they changed the lyrics to avoid the controversy.

False.

And now we've came full circle. How many Ads portray middle class white men as inept buffoons that are constantly being saved by super mom? or mixed race families? The far left seems to want everyone to be equal, as long as everyone is just a bit more equal than a certain demographic. And you will obviously describe me as being some sort of racist white guy for pointing this out....

This thread took a weird term.

False.

Look we can all agree that terms change, and we can also agree that those changes happen without our consent. Like it or not, the term SJW has changed from a positive one to one with a lot of negative connotations.

You can argue why it changed, but nothing you do will change it back. Yes the right pushed the change, but certain people and groups on the left fed and led that change.

This thread took a weird term.

Look we can all agree that terms change, and we can also agree that those changes happen without our consent. Like it or not, the term SJW has changed from a positive one to one with a lot of negative connotations.

You can argue why it changed, but nothing you do will change it back. Yes the right pushed the change, but certain people and groups on the left fed and led that change.

I really don't care if it is changed back or not. I will continue to use the term correctly and the right can continue to incorrectly use the term to attack others and act exactly like the SJWs they attack with the only difference being they are on the other side of the spectrum. Motivations speak volumes about character.

I really don't care if it is changed back or not. I will continue to use the term correctly and the right can continue to incorrectly use the term to attack others and act exactly like the SJWs they attack with the only difference being they are on the other side of the spectrum. Motivations speak volumes about character.

Yada, yada, yada, I still think that Episode 7, 8 and most likely 9 are no good. And no, Leia was not an SJW, just someone who knew how to kick ass.

There you go again saying you are correct about your opinion. The difference is the crazy SJWs today want to be called that and are not handling the whole movement in the correct way. The "my way or the highway" attitude is a huge put off to most everyday people who do join in activism. Stop trying to cram garbage down people's throats....its not a good way to get people to join you cause.

The "everything is SJW" sky is falling nonsense is so tiring, and pretty bad here on [H] . "Star Wars is SJW, Star Trek discovery is SJW" ... give it a rest. The people who make these claims are just as bad as SJW's the only difference is they are on the other end of the spectrum, which is pretty close to incel territory TBH.

Since the latest trailer launched, you are the first person in this thread to bring it up. Why bring it up again if you are so opposed to this aspect of the new movies being discussed?

I was going to say, it looks beautiful but the story and casting left much to be desired from what I see in the trailer. I don't think i'd pay to see this, just like the last ones. I didn't like E1-3 so much either initially (more than these new ones though!) but paid to see them as a fan and enjoyed them more as the years went on and I appreciated what was achieved.
But because you bought it up, yeah it's funny how one of the only white guys left in the main cast is the 'bad guy'.. god damn SJWs.. 'shakes stick' and the other virtue signalling in the earlier movies really just distracted from the magic world that is Star Wars. I watch that type of stuff to escape that rubbish. .not be have it forced down my eyeballs.

I feel Rogue One was the best so far of the lot.. closest to original Star Wars anyway, enough said.

Last edited:
Since the latest trailer launched, you are the first person in this thread to bring it up. Why bring it up again if you are so opposed to this aspect of the new movies being discussed?

I was going to say, it looks beautiful but the story and casting left much to be desired from what I see in the trailer. I don't think i'd pay to see this, just like the last ones. I didn't like E1-3 so much either initially (more than these new ones though!) but paid to see them as a fan and enjoyed them more as the years went on and I appreciated what was achieved.
But because you bought it up, yeah it's funny how one of the only white guys left in the main cast is the 'bad guy'.. god damn SJWs.. 'shakes stick' and the other virtue signalling in the earlier movies really just distracted from the magic world that is Star Wars. I watch that type of stuff to escape that rubbish. .not be have it forced down my eyeballs.

I feel Rogue One was the best so far of the lot.. closest to original Star Wars anyway, enough said.
The only reason I'm going to go see this is that it the Last movie of the Saga. I want it to wrap up and be done. I'm cautious about where they are going to take the next films because lets face it TLJ ruined the Star Wars Universe and they are trying to do damage control. I it looks like a good plot I might consider it but it needs to be Star Wars through, at this point im not sure they can pull it off after the last few movies. Rogue One was the best "new" Star Wars movies I 100% agree.

There you go again saying you are correct about your opinion. The difference is the crazy SJWs today want to be called that and are not handling the whole movement in the correct way. The "my way or the highway" attitude is a huge put off to most everyday people who do join in activism. Stop trying to cram garbage down people's throats....its not a good way to get people to join you cause.
I'm not trying to get anyone to join a cause. I'm not trying to cram garbage down anyone's throat. What I am doing it using the word correctly and pointing out the fact that those who toss around the SJW term in a negative light are exactly like the SJWs they criticize. If people are triggered by this then it is on them.

I'm not trying to get anyone to join a cause. I'm not trying to cram garbage down anyone's throat. What I am doing it using the word correctly and pointing out the fact that those who toss around the SJW term in a negative light are exactly like the SJWs they criticize. If people are triggered by this then it is on them.
I guess my point to you is that like it or not the term no longer has a positive term attached to it. Just like the term gay which way back in the day before it meant homosexual it was another name for being happy. No one uses the term gay as happy anymore. The word has evolved into something else. The same way SJW has, its no longer what you think it is because perception is reality and people don't perceive this as a positive thing anymore. That's all i'm trying to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back