Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right, he acts like the emo kid that got picked on in high school. That scene where he gets mad and cuts up the control panel was very cringe worthy, basically throwing a temper tantrum.

As a Sith Lord myself, I fully approve of the tempertantrum move. I mean... seriously, what did you think we meant when we said "give in to your anger?"

Considering the shitstorm and mass exodus of fans after Ep 8, I think this is one of those rare times where spoilers in Trailers are NEEDED to win people back. So yeah, it could very well be true.

I still think it's misdirection...the scene at the end of the trailer is either going to be that red lightsaber Rey is a clone created by Emperor Palpatine or that it's some kind of Force Vision created by Luke to force Rey to see what happens to herself if she allows hate to consume her

As a Sith Lord myself, I fully approve of the tempertantrum move. I mean... seriously, what did you think we meant when we said "give in to your anger?"

To give into your anger in childish display is a show of weakness & lack of control. Also, he destroyed a perfectly good control panel, that's coming out of his paycheck, the boss does not approve.

I would prefer to see the Knights of the Old Republic made into a movie. I will see this one as it closes the book on the original movies but I dont think I will be rushing out to see it.

Well I am thinking the movie will be good considering how bad that last trailer was. The better the trailer, the worse the Star Wars Movie.
Everyone was excited about Episode 1 and that was mostly trash.
The Last Jedi trailer was heart pounding and I truly thought it would be the next Empire Strikes Back...we all know how that turned out.

Even if it does get amazing reviews, I refuse to give them my money after Last Jedi and Solo.

I won’t spend money to see it. I am still pissed about ep8.

I am on the Disney boat in January so probably see it on the ship though. I love me a double jack and coke with a movie.

All I want is one good jedi scene out of the three movies!

It’s sad when a video game does it better... way way better. Like the force users are actual powers to reckon with.

The video trailer for the game was very exciting as were other video trailers (including the one where a force user stopped a lightsaber attack with her bare hands—no doubt using significant force powers to do so). The game itself? Nothing great. To the point where EA had to make it free to play.

To give into your anger in childish display is a show of weakness & lack of control. Also, he destroyed a perfectly good control panel, that's coming out of his paycheck, the boss does not approve.

Please, tell me more about how rational angry people are, especially angsty, mentally unstable, psychopathic young men surrounded by abusive, immoral, manipulative people, and particularly such men with more power than they know what to do with, and little to no real consequences for their behavior...

Even if it does get amazing reviews, I refuse to give them my money after Last Jedi and Solo.

I thought Solo was pretty good...the main problem was they went a little overboard and tried to give us answers to questions we didn't want or need- how did Han Solo get his name, his weapons etc

https://9gag.com/gag/aR0PjvG

Screenshot_20190827-163021~01~01.jpg

Last edited:
They could if they pull a Thor Ragnarok and just say "Fuck everything we know about the last 2 movies, we need to make this one good."

you liked ragnarok that much?? was way cgi heavy extra cheesy popcorn movie in my book. "the goddess of death" :bucktooth: LOL man, her character sucked.

I can cope with that, knowing she acted the parts before she died (hopefully), but to write it into the story after the fact.....lame.

dude it was in her contract. they do facial/body scans on every main character of every movie they make these days especially the ones that are gonna have sequels.

besides i'm sure she would have wanted it that way. most actors are lovers of movies. what, you think they should fuck the whole star wars chronology just because of she died? dude she wouldn't have wanted it that way.

hell i guess they should have just ended the whole thing when hon died back in the last flick. and it should have just went black and said "THE END" and that would have been it. right? wwwaah.

I recall Sith could defeat death
you guys don't know your SW history..."The force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it, my sister has it...You have that power too"...that line was spoken by Luke to Leia in Return of the Jedi

funny the only person that liked your post was Colonel Sanders and i don't even think he ever got to see star wars. lol DUDE leia IS his sister you dodo.

You don't know this but when Anakin built C3PO he did a sort of Vulcan mind download ala Wrath of Khan and left a remnant force ghost impression in the droid. That scene is when Darth Vader inhabits C3PO's body and you know no hijinx will ensue certainly as this is a serious space opera.

you liked ragnarok that much?? was way cgi heavy extra cheesy popcorn movie in my book. "the goddess of death" :bucktooth: LOL man, her character sucked.

The other Thor movies weren't very good. The first one was meh and the 2nd one was awful. Ragnarok was the only way to keep that universe interesting and I thought they did a great job, probably my 2nd favorite Marvel movie behind Guardians 1. As for the CGI, I can't really see them recreating Asgard, a mythical world located in another dimension and a battle between God's without it.

I will pay for my ticket, and I will enjoy it, if for nothing more than that sweet Movie Theater Popcorn...... No matter how hard I try nothing I do at home is quite as good.

I will pay for my ticket, and I will enjoy it, if for nothing more than that sweet Movie Theater Popcorn...... No matter how hard I try nothing I do at home is quite as good.
I've seen ALL the star wars movies the day of the premier except Solo which I streamed.

I've seen ALL the star wars movies the day of the premier except Solo which I streamed.
My nearest theater is 3 hours away, the good ones are at least 5, through a mountain pass in the middle of November.... Probably going to have to wait till Feb or so for it to show up at one of the closer screens.

There was a brief moment in Last Jedi, a very brief one... where I thought I was going have to jump up and throw my arms in the air and declare Star Wars back from the depths of boring hell.

When Rey walked into Snoke's throne room and all this went down:

I thought for sure based on Kylo's reactions that he was about to turn, with Rey, against Snoke. At first you'd think "what's the point of that?"... but I was harboring a real hope that the driving off of Snoke (not his death, which made no sense we hardly knew his character yet) would have engaged a combined Rey/Kylo jedi force against either the revived Empire OR... what I really hoped was going on... Snoke being the harbinger of the Yuuzan Vong invasion and the whole point of EVERYTHING was to bring the entire Force into balance to fight off an extra-galactic invasion. Which would have been absolutely insanely good.

But instead, this scene is where the whole movie fell apart. They killed a mysterious boss we knew nothing about... like the writers changed their mind entirely about everything mid sentence and rewrote the whole movie from here on out. Making it boring and "safe" for future sequels and marketing.

I'm telling you guys, this scene marked some kind of massive departure from whatever the writers originally had in mind.

the mega-cynical part of me always thought that these(disney/star wars) movies were methodically planned out and focus-group tested with scientific intensity at every aspect to ensure widest possible mass appeal and profit. at this point its all but confirmed they have never had any real "plan" for the sequel trilogy story line. they assumed it was simply star wars = profit. that was a mistake. the sequels and this last one will of course make a billion dollars but the franchise is forever tainted worse than what the prequels did.

they need the regular morons to buy a ticket and SOLO already revealed some cracks in the armor.

I thought for sure based on Kylo's reactions that he was about to turn, with Rey, against Snoke. At first you'd think "what's the point of that?"... but I was harboring a real hope that the driving off of Snoke (not his death, which made no sense we hardly knew his character yet) would have engaged a combined Rey/Kylo jedi force against either the revived Empire OR... what I really hoped was going on... Snoke being the harbinger of the Yuuzan Vong invasion and the whole point of EVERYTHING was to bring the entire Force into balance to fight off an extra-galactic invasion. Which would have been absolutely insanely good.

But instead, this scene is where the whole movie fell apart. They killed a mysterious boss we knew nothing about... like the writers changed their mind entirely about everything mid sentence and rewrote the whole movie from here on out. Making it boring and "safe" for future sequels and marketing.

I'm telling you guys, this scene marked some kind of massive departure from whatever the writers originally had in mind.

I don't get the 'subverted expectations' arguments... it's like complaining that we should have known more about Grand Moff Tarkin since he was Vader's boss for a while. Snoke was a bad mofo space Hitler who united the Imperial remnants and went to war with the Republic. His apprentice saw an opportunity and killed him to take his place in a pretty dang cool scene. We see Kylo Ren overcome an obstacle and grow as a character, albeit on the dark side.

The real interesting thing to me is Kylo Ren's motivations. There are some subtle hints that there's more going on with him than you might think (Why did you hate your father? I didn't hate him...). That's the real mystery that's been brewing. What was he doing with 'the Knights of Ren.' Does he hate the force itself? Has he forseen some external threat?

I'm not a fan of the old EU, but I don't think Snoke's death rules out some kind of outside threat like the Vong. For all we know Ren is actually trying to prepare for something like that. He practically begs Rey to join him after the throne room fight, and we don't really know why yet.

funny the only person that liked your post was Colonel Sanders and i don't even think he ever got to see star wars. lol DUDE leia IS his sister you dodo.
Which reminds me of the very first scene of the very first SW movie. Darth Vader
Sort of.. Anyway.

Albeit it is strange that Vader doesn't sense this in the opening scene of "A New Hope". He literally talks to her face to face, and fails to recognize that she is his daugther and that she has the force?

A couple of minutes later, her message is relayed to Obi-Wan Kenobi. It says, from the script:

General Kenobi, years ago you served
my father in the Clone Wars. Now he
begs you to help him in his struggle
against the Empire. I regret that I
am unable to present my father's
request to you in person, but my
ship has fallen under attack and I'm
afraid my mission to bring you to
Alderaan has failed. I have placed
information vital to the survival of
the Rebellion into the memory systems
of this R2 unit. My father will know
how to retrieve it. You must see
this droid safely delivered to him
on Alderaan. This is our most
desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan
Kenobi, you're my only hope.

What father?

It cant be Vader, at that time she didnt know he is her father.
That leaves Senator Bail Organa.

Nailed it.

I haven't seen the movies in forever, but when does the Empire at large know that Luke is a Skywalker? After the destruction of the Deathstar? I imagine Vader must've pieced it together at that point.

Not sure why Obi Wan chose to let Luke live with relatives and keep his last name.

Nailed it.

I haven't seen the movies in forever, but when does the Empire at large know that Luke is a Skywalker? After the destruction of the Deathstar? I imagine Vader must've pieced it together at that point.

Not sure why Obi Wan chose to let Luke live with relatives and keep his last name.

Hide him in plain sight? Also what was his relatives surname? Could it be Skywalker too?

Anakins mothers name was Skywalker though so it is not necessarily a unique name on Tatooine. Vader thought his children were dead so some other Skywalker on Tatooine will not alarm any bells, he could be a distant relative adopted by his other relatives.

Hide him in plain sight? Also what was his relatives surname? Could it be Skywalker too?

Anakins mothers name was Skywalker though so it is not necessarily a unique name on Tatooine. Vader thought his children were dead so some other Skywalker on Tatooine will not alarm any bells, he could be a distant relative adopted by his other relatives.

In the comic, which is canon, Vader runs into Luke seeing he not only has a lightsaber but his old lightsaber. This takes place between Episode IV and V. Thinking Obi-Wan was hiding something he sends Boba Fett to track Luke down. Luke barely escapes Fett but Fett was able to learn his full name. Reporting back to Vader he gives him the name Skywalker. It doesn't take long after that for Vader to put the pieces together.

The link here shows just when Vader learns he has a son.

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/06/04/darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son/

Well I am thinking the movie will be good considering how bad that last trailer was. The better the trailer, the worse the Star Wars Movie.
Everyone was excited about Episode 1 and that was mostly trash.
The Last Jedi trailer was heart pounding and I truly thought it would be the next Empire Strikes Back...we all know how that turned out.

I feel the same sort of. I will go see this just to see the end of the Skywalker saga. I really have lost faith in the Disney vision for Star Wars. They looked at it as a cash cow and only that. The opposite happened with the MCU, they actually had a vision and executed it pretty well. Although i view the MCU as pretty much over after Endgame. Star Wars is pretty much over after this film for me. I can't really see what they can do with anything after this, esecially since they don't follow any of the books after ROTJ, they have a serious issue with original story content without having a huge SJW theme behind it.

I think I already got this one figured out. I think Rey is some sort of clone created by palpatine and will be "activated" by palps at some point in the movie kind of like order 66. Then Kylo will become good and the rise of skywalker happens.

There was a rumored plot leak a few weeks (or months?) ago, that lined up with some of the plot points from that D23 trailer (C3PO with battle droid programming, Death Star lasering of planet surfaces). That leak is looking more legit to me now.

There was a rumored plot leak a few weeks (or months?) ago, that lined up with some of the plot points from that D23 trailer (C3PO with battle droid programming, Death Star lasering of planet surfaces). That leak is looking more legit to me now.

Maybe. There were a bunch of TFA/TLJ 'leaks' that turned out to be BS.

IMO it's pretty obvious that Jar-Jar is the real Sith lord, he corrupted Anakin's droid to create Sith-3P0 back when they met in Episode I. Always two there are...

the mega-cynical part of me always thought that these(disney/star wars) movies were methodically planned out and focus-group tested with scientific intensity at every aspect to ensure widest possible mass appeal and profit. at this point its all but confirmed they have never had any real "plan" for the sequel trilogy story line. they assumed it was simply star wars = profit. that was a mistake. the sequels and this last one will of course make a billion dollars but the franchise is forever tainted worse than what the prequels did.

they need the regular morons to buy a ticket and SOLO already revealed some cracks in the armor.

If course there wasn’t a plan. That’s the problem with Abrams’ style of “mystery box” storytelling. He sets up the plot, the mystery, but never considers how it will end. Happened with Lost too.

I think I already got this one figured out. I think Rey is some sort of clone created by palpatine and will be "activated" by palps at some point in the movie kind of like order 66. Then Kylo will become good and the rise of skywalker happens.

Palpatine rings a bicycle bell and she goes full ape? Nah.

No way does Rey close out the movie as a villain. This is Disney we're talking, and Rey has girlpower plot armor a mile thick. And that's her real superpower: she could murder everyone in the universe and still be Team Good Guys.

There isn't any great mystery for how it's going to go: "Hero takes a dark turn, until finally the curse is lifted by a kiss". Total bullshit.

Last edited:
If Sith-3PO becomes a real thing, R2-D2 better watch its ass. You gotta know Sith-3P0 had to put up with a lot of abusive crap from that astro-bot and wanted to waste him, but didn't want to blow his cover.

Owen and Beru Lars. They weren't even blood relatives. Owen was Anakin's step brother.

Nah, he would have known. Obi Wan took Luke to Tatooine because it was a nothing podunk planet and of no value to the Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back