Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palpatine is back?! Oh brother, this is just too fantasical, even for Star Wars....The dude was thrown into the core of the Death Star then blown up, spectacularly. Does this mean that Han Solo is still alive too? Or maybe just his legs / Torso? Go home Star Wars, you're drunk on money & merchandise.

as far as Emperor Palpatine's return not making any sense...I agree but I don't care at all...he is hands down the best villain of the entire series (yes better then Vader) and one the absolute coolest villains in film history...

It was a good run-on, now die...

PLEASE focus on the following or a better story line in general. You have so much lore to chose from why keep rehashing the Skywalker and Vader line?!!?

I wish they would do the Origin Sith story with Exar Kun, probably wouldn't sell enough toys though.

It's a fun teaser. I can sort of live with the tie advanced being attacked by Rey on foot but only if the backstory adequately handles the issue of the GODLIKE command of the force she would have to have at all times to do such a thing. A jedi capable of that... is well beyond Yoda etc. Yoda could pull down a fair sized ship from the sky but jedi have always had some kind of limits to their personal superhuman augmentation through the force.

That puts Rey on some kind of minor deity level of force control.

There was so much I would have done with the series. So much disappointment. So much terrible story writing and lack of imagination. As for bringing back Leia CGI, there is another way to look at this. What COULD have been done if the last several movies were entirely CGI, all the original cast was maintained in their original appearance and form and ANY story element was on the table because of unlimited effects capability and no limits to actor age or physical ability? We can dream. Many of the better books in the extended universe could have been brought to life. Ah well.

Reactions: PeaKr
like this
Palpatine is back?! Oh brother, this is just too fantasical, even for Star Wars....The dude was thrown into the core of the Death Star then blown up, spectacularly. Does this mean that Han Solo is still alive too? Or maybe just his legs / Torso? Go home Star Wars, you're drunk on money & merchandise.

Palpatine defeating death and coming back is a big story element for parts of the EU. The way it was done there would work in “canon” as well.

It's CGI 100% and its all for that nostalgia. It is very lame.

Nope. Fisher’s family won’t allow them to do a CG recreation. Leia is in the movie using unused footage from TFA as well as stunt people/body doubles for certain scenes. That hugging scene in the trailer it is clearly not Fisher hugging Rey for the shot where you see Leia from behind.

Palpatine almost certainly isn't just "coming back" as in a clone or some other such bullshit, like he used the force to slow his fall and then skulked away on an escape pod. The writers involved here aren't that fucking stupid.

I'm sure it'll be more about something Palpatine did while he was alive, or something he almost did but died before he could finish, and whatever that plan was is the McGuffin the characters are after. Palpatine/Ian McDiarmid is thus "in" the film to the extent that they can flaunt his laughter in the teaser and generate mega marketing hype, but at the same time his death isn't being retconned.

It's CGI 100% and its all for that nostalgia. It is very lame.

the scenes with Leia in Episode 9 will not be CGI...they have a lot of un-used footage that they shot for Force Awakens which they didn't use...that footage will be used in Episode 9...of course with some editing of new characters into her scenes...

It was a good run-on, now die...

PLEASE focus on the following or a better story line in general. You have so much lore to chose from why keep rehashing the Skywalker and Vader line?!!?

I used this game’s cinematics as an example to my friends. There’s not a tenth of the action, story, or heart in the movies that are in these games. Which is insane...

I bet Rey and Kylo fall in love and have a baby, which they name Rylo Skywalder which translates to Skywalker in Jar Jar language.

The end.

Jar Jar isn't a language, it's a name of a character. Have you even seen the show?

Rise of Skywalker? So the chicky is related to Luke or Leia? Did that kiss in episode 4 lead to other things? Is Luke going to rise from the dead?

Stopped going to the theater for this trilogy but saw every other movie at release including the originals and their remasters. Ep1 was a huge letdown, cringed the whole movie. Ep's 2&3 got better but could never take Anakin seriously in any of them but I felt that Samuel Jackson and Ewan McGregor were the high points. I won't get on the band wagons with the hate for either TFA or TLJ but I admit both get on my nerves for different reasons. So many people rip TLJ it's kind of fascinating for me since I still don't think it's as bad as Ep1. I mean, that scene where the shrine ignites and Yoda shows up to give Luke grief is classic. The line where Luke chimes out "You expect me to show up and defeat a whole army with a laser sword' is awesome, not to mention him tossing the saber out. I do have to agree that I choke during the Mary Poppins moment with Leia floating thru space.

With this trailer, well um o.k. I'll watch on disc. Hopefully the saga is over. Hopefully too that the Mandolorian thing on Disney is cool.

Jar Jar isn't a language, it's a name of a character. Have you even seen the show?

Uh yeah, I saw Star Wars when it was first released in theaters....the Original. I'm sorry if I do not know what language Jar Jar speaks.

Her family still didn't not let Disney do a CGI recreation of her. That was the only point I was making. Her being dead is moot.

No it isn't. Carrie Fisher gave them permission for those moments. Obviously she isn't able to give permission for CG recreations now and they HAVE to get permission to do so, something her family will not agree to.

You guys are likely more well versed in the star wars universe than I am — does the title suggest the she’s a skywalker or that skywalker is a title like or class of Jedi?

only reason I watch this SJW/Mary Sue Disney nonsense is because Daisy Ridley is so damn hot .;)

I lost interest in this...mess...a long while ago. But, if this one has Ewoks, led by Jar-Jar Binks, kicking ass, well, then I guess I'll have to give up an evening and $50 and watch it.

Not.

Am I the only one that has no interest in "Star Wars" created by Disney?

I gave TFA a chance and when it was a recreation of episode IV I was so disappointed. Disney blew it and at that point I said "no more."

only reason I watch this SJW/Mary Sue Disney nonsense is because Daisy Ridley is so damn hot .;)

Is that sarcasm? Just asking because don’t find her hot at all. I don’t feel anything for any of the cast... that’s one of the huge problems with these movies. The actors aren’t very likeable.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that has no interest in "Star Wars" created by Disney?

I gave TFA a chance and when it was a recreation of episode IV I was so disappointed. Disney blew it and at that point I said "no more."
My pulse rate actually drops when seeing anything related to Disney's Star Wars. I literally rolled my eyes while watching this trailer.

Luke Skywalker disappears in the last Jedi, we assume it’s because he died, maybe it’s simply that he didn’t die, and he’ll rise to lead the resistance again?

Unless they completely rewrite Rey's character from the ground up to make her not a "mary sue", I'm giving this a hard pass. Sorry but I have zero interest in watching another movie with an extremely poorly developed character that has no training, no experience and is somehow more powerful than Masters who have decades/centuries more training and experience. Sorry but I'm just not into the whole "girls are bettererer than guys just because" garbage that kathleen and her sjw cronies have tried cramming down our throats. If they want a female to be the most powerful jedi of all time, I have zero problems with that. I have a problem with how unbelievably awful the writing and character development has been surrounding said character. I would rather put up with a movie full of Jar Jar's than the agenda pushing garbage that was TLJ and Solo. Fix it..or fuck off.

Frankly they need to just completely reshoot this entire part of the trilogy. It was god awful from the start.

Luke Skywalker disappears in the last Jedi, we assume it’s because he died, maybe it’s simply that he didn’t die, and he’ll rise to lead the resistance again?

Luke became one with the force, like Yoda, Obi-Wan and presumably Anakin. So they are not "dead"

Starwars died from terminally malignant stupidity a while ago - "The Rise of Skywalker" appears to be a way of defiling the shallow grave with human excrement.

You guys are likely more well versed in the star wars universe than I am — does the title suggest the she’s a skywalker or that skywalker is a title like or class of Jedi?
in TFA trailer (but not the movie itself) its suggested she's a Skywalker, but in TLJ that"s thrown out of the window when Kylo claims they were ordinary people who abandoned her. Of course he could be Lying or Snoke implanted the thought on them

So by now its anyone"s guess

I would have liked for Rey to be Palpatine's granddaughter (great-granddaughter?)...I want to see the return of the Sith...these Knights of Ren are poor imitations and Kylo Ren is also too whimpy as the lead villain...

Quote from Luke from the teaser.

"The force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it, my sister has it... You have that power too..."

Deliberate misdirection on the part of Abrams. That line could easily have been something said to Ben in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back