Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
walder.PNG

There is talk about retconning stuff from TLJ, so who knows.

Personally, I REALLY hope they don't try to make Rey a Skywalker. That would be so fucking stupid and unnecessary.

It's 2019, so I should probably post a 45-minute video of myself complaining about how I hate every detail of this. It is, of course, prefaced with a 20-minute explanation of how I'm a superfan and am therefore especially qualified to complain.

The Force Awakens was roughly on par with the prequels, the last jedi however was so far off the scale on the bottom that it didn't even register.
Eps 1 and 2 were worse than TFA. Ep 3 is probably roughly on par with it though.

I watched EP1 and EP2 when they came out.

I hated EP1 with a passion. Jar Jar. The replacement of the whole force mystique with some goddamned blood test for ability. The 5 year old flying a military space craft like some goddamned video game,n The whole thing was just so terribly eye-roll worthy I couldn't stand it. I was hoping it was only a one time fluke, so I watched EP2 when it came out as well. Some things were better, but Anakin was such a horrible whiny bitch I couldn't stand him, and kind of ruined the film for me.

I was so turned off by those two films that I didn't even bother to see EP3 when it came out. Star Wars was dead to me after that. I didn't get around to seeing it until ~2015 and when I finally saw it I didn't hate it as much as EP1 & EP2, but it kind of felt underwhelming and a bit silly.

I enjoyed The Force Awakens. I thought it was a solid Star Wars film. Maybe the key to happiness is having low expectations, because I certainly didn't expect much from it going in. As far as EP8 goes, I know I saw it, but damn, I can't remember anything about it right now. It certainly had nothing in it that annoyed me to EP1 levels, or I would have remembered it, but it must have been a pretty forgettable film because, well, I forgot about it.

Last edited:
Kill two mockingbirds with one sabre, roll in the next Aliens as well.
Nobody would notice the difference. More cowbell or go home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
I watched EP1 and EP2 when they came out.

I hated EP1 with a passion. Jar Jar. The replacement of the whole force mystique with some goddamned blood test for ability. The 5 year old flying a military space craft like some goddamned video game,n The whole thing was just so terribly eye-roll worthy I couldn't stand it. I was hoping it was only a one time fluke, so I watched EP2 when it came out as well. Some things were better, but Anakin was such a horrible whiny bitch I couldn't stand him, and kind of ruined the film for me.

I was so turned off by those two films that I didn't even bother to see EP3 when it came out. Star Wars was dead to me after that. I didn't get around to seeing it until ~2015 and when I finally saw it I didn't hate it as much as EP1 & EP2, but it kind of felt underwhelming and a bit silly.

I enjoyed The Force Awakens. I thought it was a solid Star Wars film. Maybe the key to happiness is having low expectations, because I certainly didn't expect much form it going in. As far as EP8 goes, I know I saw it, but damn, I can't remember anything about it right now. It certainly had nothing in it that annoyed me to EP1 levels, or I would have remembered it, but it must have been a pretty forgettable film because, well, I forgot about it.
I know this is exceedingly rare for people discussing Star Wars, but I am in complete agreement. I hadn't seen the prequels since they originally came out, but I recently showed them to my kids, and found them even worse than I'd remembered.
Of all the many things to be unhappy with, I'd say the way they killed Darth Maul was one that stuck out to me. One of the best badguys in the series, and he stands there like a moron while one of the guys he's already beat up jumps over him with magic and cuts him in half.
As for the new movies, while they aren't some life changing religious experience, they are entertaining special effect vehicles one can take a family to see.

will the series eventually graduate to scifi channel? maybe starwars/stargate crossover?

Best thing I saw in that was the "The Saga Ends". Thank God!

Disney: Episode 8's theme was kill everything. Kill the past. Episode 9: "The Saga Ends"

Disney again: Hold my beer...

• Luke's voice saying "nothing ever dies"
  • Puts Lando Calrissian in the movie
  • Puts Leia and Luke in there
  • Emperor Palpatine laughs at the end... with Ian McDiarmid actually presenting the teaser at celebration
  • Names movie "Rise of Skywalker" If we are finishing the saga why is it the rise of Skywalker? Kind of like The Dark Knight Rises?

All these cameos are just Disney saying we are sorry we fucked up Star Wars. Please give us another chance. I know I am a tool and will see it myself in theaters, but fuck me I just don't feel the Star Wars magic anymore and I feel like I am just the bitter Star Wars nerd now... :(:(

the teaser was amazing...much better then the entire Last Jedi movie...I already feel totally confident that JJ Abrams will give us proper closure to the Skywalker story...the image also looks really crisp and clean unlike Rian Johnson's movie...this is a return of the crisp 4K imagery from Force Awakens

great to see the entire gang going out on an adventure together!...I never understood why the new movies didn't pair together R2, C-3PO, BB-8, Chewbacca etc...looks like everyone is back together...Lando looks great...also looks like JJ is retconning a lot of Rian Johnson's stupid decisions...and...The Emperor/Sidious is back!! (hopefully)

Because the world screamed for MOAR. FOOKING. STAR WHARZ!!!! Disney will find a way to make you love Space Merch again........

Not feeling it so far. Cant help but feel if Palpatine is the new bad guy (again), that trailer just ruined the shock reveal.

It's all about Disney I bet when this opens it gets swamped someone said Disney Land shouldn't sell so many tickets so you can actually enjoy the park.

Abrams is no Taika Waititi.

No kidding. That guy is amazing but Star Wars may be too rigid for him, then again who knows what he would do with it. I'd really like to see James Gunn do a Vader movie along the lines of the comics.

I know this is exceedingly rare for people discussing Star Wars, but I am in complete agreement. I hadn't seen the prequels since they originally came out, but I recently showed them to my kids, and found them even worse than I'd remembered.
Of all the many things to be unhappy with, I'd say the way they killed Darth Maul was one that stuck out to me. One of the best badguys in the series, and he stands there like a moron while one of the guys he's already beat up jumps over him with magic and cuts him in half.
As for the new movies, while they aren't some life changing religious experience, they are entertaining special effect vehicles one can take a family to see.
A little bit, of course the Maul fight at the end is the *only* part of Ep1 worth saving. (Which is sad, because Qui-Gon Jinn is a better Jedi than any other Jedi in the entire fucking saga. Fight me.) (Of course, Maul's not dead, See: Rebels & Solo)

Palpatine is BACK!!!!

upload_2019-4-12_18-9-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-12_18-8-51.png
    upload_2019-4-12_18-8-51.png
    181 KB · Views: 0
if Palpatine is back does this mean that the Sith have returned as well?...are we going to see some new Sith masters and apprentices?...please make it happen!...this new crappy Knights of the Ren are nowhere near as cool as the Sith

Disney: Episode 8's theme was kill everything. Kill the past. Episode 9: "The Saga Ends"

Disney again: Hold my beer...

• Luke's voice saying "nothing ever dies"
  • Puts Lando Calrissian in the movie
  • Puts Leia and Luke in there
  • Emperor Palpatine laughs at the end... with Ian McDiarmid actually presenting the teaser at celebration
  • Names movie "Rise of Skywalker" If we are finishing the saga why is it the rise of Skywalker? Kind of like The Dark Knight Rises?

All these cameos are just Disney saying we are sorry we fucked up Star Wars. Please give us another chance. I know I am a tool and will see it myself in theaters, but fuck me I just don't feel the Star Wars magic anymore and I feel like I am just the bitter Star Wars nerd now... :(:(
Agreed.

They opened a whole lot of doors with that trailer to make this “the end”. This was supposed to be the skywalker saga. As named by Disney. How can it be the rise and the end. The end of one skywalker and rise of another? Sure, ...ugh. I’ll overthink it. I’ll watch it opening weekend. It can’t be more traumatizing than 8. I actually liked tfa and thought it was a good start as they obviously played on a new hopes themes to reign in a new series, but I need a mulligan on 8.

JarJar needs to be back but make him swol AF so he can beat the shit out of all the haters. A tit and ass job for Rey post production and while they are at it CGI rendering of a HOT woman's face over her face. Those are the demands Disney.

And...and, a character needs to be named Skywalder.

Palpatine is back?! Oh brother, this is just too fantasical, even for Star Wars....The dude was thrown into the core of the Death Star then blown up, spectacularly. Does this mean that Han Solo is still alive too? Or maybe just his legs / Torso? Go home Star Wars, you're drunk on money & merchandise.

I liked FA and I hoped LJ went in the same direction and that FA mistakes would be rectified, boy was I dissapointed.

I think its too late to make Rey a Skywalker (as it was implied in some FA trailers). But I guess they can come out with another "from a certain point of view".

JarJar needs to be back but make him swol AF so he can beat the shit out of all the haters. A tit and ass job for Rey post production and while they are at it CGI rendering of a HOT woman's face over her face. Those are the demands Disney.

And...and, a character needs to be named Skywalder.

I second that, Star Wars needs more TnA, make it happen Disney!

Reactions: filip
like this
Palpatine is back?! Oh brother, this is just too fantasical, even for Star Wars....The dude was thrown into the core of the Death Star then blown up, spectacularly. Does this mean that Han Solo is still alive too? Or maybe just his legs / Torso? Go home Star Wars, you're drunk on money & merchandise.

Hey man Carrie Fisher is in the trailer and she is dead in real life. Nothing is sacred.

Hey man Carrie Fisher is in the trailer and she is dead in real life. Nothing is sacred.

I can cope with that, knowing she acted the parts before she died (hopefully), but to write it into the story after the fact.....lame.

Probably a Ghost (sort like Yoda on LJ), although I thought it was only a Jedi power, not for Sith.

I can cope with that, knowing she acted the parts before she died (hopefully), but to write it into the story after the fact.....lame.

It's CGI 100% and its all for that nostalgia. It is very lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back