Which do you prefer?

• Rise of Nations

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Empire Earth

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
Which, in your opinion, do you feel is the better RTS?

I don't know why but I could just never get into Empire Earth. My friend tried pulling me into a few times but I always found myself coming back to RoN. My friends and I would spend hours playing RoN just doing huge musket and cannon battles. So much fun back in the day.

I was a die hard fan of the first Empire Earth until a friend of mine introduced me to Rise of Nations and never looked back.

i like rise of nations. very fun on multiplayer but i give the edge to empire earth for single player.. both games are awesome though.

i find ron more fun. i miss the old ensemble studio/microsoft games.

Rise of Nations was awesome. My buddies didn't like it because of the borders aspect but it was a great game. Easily the better of the two.

Rise of Nations, absolutely no contest. I need a sequel, and I don't mean Rise of Legends.

rise of legends sucked.. i agree we need an update of Rise of Nations. the bitch in RoN was the fact that you couldn't endlessly nuke your enemy.. got in so many stalemates playing against my cousin we would nuke each other into oblivion til the 25 nuke limit counted down and automatically ended the game.

Could someone please give that idiot an infraction for even mentioning Rise in the same general area as empire earth?

rise of legends sucked.. i agree we need an update of Rise of Nations. the bitch in RoN was the fact that you couldn't endlessly nuke your enemy.. got in so many stalemates playing against my cousin we would nuke each other into oblivion til the 25 nuke limit counted down and automatically ended the game.

Sequel needed so badly. I don't think it will happen ever, though. RoN was the best fusion of RTS and some of the features of turn-based games like Civilization. It melded them so winningly that if I had my druthers I would take a new RoN game before a new Civ game. And no, Civ V doesn't count. Hell, I'd buy a modernized version of RoN right this minute. I can remember being so enthralled that I e-mailed the Art Director at Big Huge and was linking him to all these illustrations of various Infantry units through the ages and having a good discussion with him on the differences. Not all the changes happened, but I have to give them Big Huge props (get it?) for having enough diversity in the unit art from the ground floor and then even putting more in with patches. Civ V uses the same generic model for damn near everything, like a Siamese swordsman looks like a palette-shifted version of the Songhai swordsman. Is Firaxis asleep at the wheel here? I haven't heard any news on expansions/fixes at all, save from a Take 2 talking head.

I liked RoN so much, I still play it. Too bad it doesn't support eyefinity. At least, I haven't been able to do it.

I hated that nuke limit too...then i modded my game for almost unlimited nukes. :D

I hated that nuke limit too...then i modded my game for almost unlimited nukes. :D

its not hard to take the nuke limit off.. its nice having it though if your stuck in a stalemate with some one.. the way my cousin and i played we built up our military and tech for 30 minutes(which was usually enough time to max everything out plus unit limit) then stage in a certain spot and just hammer the crap out of each other constantly sending more and more units into the mayhem as units were destroyed.. if we couldn't beat each other we'd just use the 25 nuke limit and see how much total destruction we could do before the end.

I absolutely loved Empire Earth, but only the first one as I thought the second was was needlessly complex and the 3rd one was one of the worst games I've ever played. I would love for a proper sequel to be done but only if it had a realistic style and story with enough epochs to make sense.

Saying that I never played Rise of Nations so my nod goes to Empire Earth since it was like my favorite strategy game back in the day.

I've never played Empire Earth, but RoN was pretty damn good IMHO. One of the few RTSes I ever got into.

Pretty funny to see this topic show up. I was flipping through my binder of old CD games, and saw that I have both of these still. Combine RoS with Incredible Animals....

I have played rise of Nations... I feel like it was an amazing game but I've never played empire earth so I don't feel its fair for me to vote... although I played Age of Empires as a kid all the time and that has to be the game I loved the most for the longest time...haha oh how we've come so far from that game...

Played them both extensively. Loved them both equally. Can't decide. Both have pros and cons.

I loved Rise of Nations, hands down. I really want them to make a new one. I actually started a Petition. You guys should sign it if you would like a new one or loved the old one.

as much as i'd love to see a new version of RoN i don't have much hope for the gaming industry and even the original developers to not screw it up..

Back