Ripping my hairs out :( Computer put to sleep, won't turn on!

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
put my new 1155 system to sleep and it won't turn on. Keyboard and mouse have power but it doesn't even post. I've read that it may have something to do with the motherboard power states. It IS overclocked, but I left almost all of the power saving features off which boggles me so even if I clear cmos, it probably won't do anything? Please help!

Wait, you turned the power saving features off, and then put it into sleep mode? Sleep mode is a power saving feature...

Which features specifically did you turn off? Also, does the computer not turn on at all now, or does it just not come out of sleep mode when you put it into sleep mode, necessitating a hard reset? Also please post your specific computer specs, model and type of MOBO, proc, etc.

windows 7
msi p67a-gd55

Just doesn't come out of sleep mode, the hard drive never blinks. I can't even get to a post screen to check my motherboard settings. I should restate, I didn't touch any of the power saving features, so whatever is enabled/disable by default still is. Should I go ahead and reset cmos and report back?

Turn off your psu, unplug the pins to your MoBo, replug, try. If it doesn't work, reset CMOS, try.

^agreed

Unplug the PSU, then make sure you have both the 24pin and the 8pin ATX power connectors firmly connected. Make sure all your cards are firmly seated as well. Then power back on and see.

What kind of Hard drive do you have? What kind of RAM do you have installed?

clearing cmos did the trick. computer brought back to life where I had slept it, but I have no idea why.

antec 750 hcg, 8gb g skill 1600

You turned the power saving features off and clearing the cmos resets them to on.

No he didn't, at least not on purpose:

I should restate, I didn't touch any of the power saving features, so whatever is enabled/disable by default still is. Should I go ahead and reset cmos and report back?

But something was muffed up in the BIOS.

Good to hear that it is all working now.

computer froze...happened again. Reset, powered psu off, windows loaded. Tried to restart from windows and it goes back into "powered on but won't post" mode...gah

computer froze...happened again. Reset, powered psu off, windows loaded. Tried to restart from windows and it goes back into "powered on but won't post" mode...gah

Then I would think it is either something wrong with the power regulation, or a bad MB. I would first try to boost some of the voltage regulation options a little bit in the BIOS and see if that helps, and if it doesn't try to RMA the board and see if you get a better board.

Very strange, I've never had problems.with the board until now, even overclocked. I can't seem to get into the bios. I have to press the restart button to get into windows now. Otherwise I can only power on and never get into windows.

Boards can go bad without you having to "do" anything. Same with PSUs. Try boosting the power a bit, if that doesn't work, try replacing the board.

having some similar issues at work and home right now

chalking it up to the cold dry air for the moment as I cant figure anything else out :(

I can boot into windows after a few restarts, power offs, but it doesn't post. Ever since putting it into sleep mode I can't get into the motherboard at all.

i just applied a basic 4.4ghz oc to my 2500k last night for the first time, i did not touch any of the power saving features either. i went with the recommendation from the asus poster in the official asus p67 oc thread. this morning my computer would not wake up from sleep mode, i had to restart. everything runs fine now, buti thought that was a little weird. i did not change any power saving features in the bios per asus recommendation.

ASUS MoBos seem to be having some issues with OC/booting these days. I have a brand new ASUS P8Z68-V with an i7-2600k OCed to 4.5, and when I start up my computer every once in a while it'll just hang between the BIOS load and Windows startup. If i restart it works perfectly again.

So far hasn't been enough of a problem for me to do anything about it, but if it keeps up I might need to RMA the board.

i just applied a basic 4.4ghz oc to my 2500k last night for the first time, i did not touch any of the power saving features either. i went with the recommendation from the asus poster in the official asus p67 oc thread. this morning my computer would not wake up from sleep mode, i had to restart. everything runs fine now, buti thought that was a little weird. i did not change any power saving features in the bios per asus recommendation.

There is a common misconception about OCing, where people think because someone else was able to get a stable OC with the same components, they will be able to also. Just because someone else can do it, does not mean it will work for you. There are many variables to OCing and not everyone is going to get the same results. Some products just flat out won't allow any OC room.

well if you read the official asus p67 oc guide they make it seem as if 100% of 2500ks can hit a 44 multiplier. the weird thing is that i have brought it out of sleep mode probably 10 times since i bumped up the multiplier and its only that one time that it hasnt worked.

well if you read the official asus p67 oc guide they make it seem as if 100% of 2500ks can hit a 44 multiplier. the weird thing is that i have brought it out of sleep mode probably 10 times since i bumped up the multiplier and its only that one time that it hasnt worked.

Because people don't always post when it fails for them. And probably there is a very high probability that you can reach that low of an OC with the board. I am just saying if 10 people jump off a bridge and live, it doesn't mean the 11th is also going to live.

My oc was stable for quite a while. Resetting the cmos also doesn't exactly work because I saved my oc to a profile on my motherboard.

reset cmos jumper, uplugged battery, disconnected everything and plugged it back in. is there anything else i can do before rma? it simply won't load into the bios, if i plug my hard drives in it will load into windows after 3 minutes....but no bios access at all. it's "stuck" in sleep mode.

Back