Ripping DVD's

im looking to rip my DVD's onto my computer, but for some reason my lite on dvd burner refuses to do so. do i have to put the dvd's into a regular cd drive and rip em that way?

What DVD's? Movies or games?

Movies can be ripped with DVDShrink or DVD Decrypter. Games are another story.

look for slysoft anydvd...works great, just sets it to region free or something...unlocks all dvd's ive had for backing up my personal collection

bored-sarcasm said:
put the dvd's into a regular cd drive and rip em that way?

A cd-drive can't read a dvd. Use DVD shrink for movies. It works great when backing up your personal collection.

Use DVD Decryptor to rip the DVDs, and if you're ripping them for backup purposes, i suggest using ratDVD. It'll compress an 8gb dvd to a 1-3gb file, while retaining all menus and extra features, and it has the capability to restore the original dvd from the *.ratdvd file with all original quality intact (give or take 1-2%).

Which one of these will allow me to rip the movie, without the credits or menu, and then play them in Windows Media Player? I travel a lot, and it is a lot easier to put a couple files on my lappy's harddrive than to cayy disc's around. Which one can you use to rip, and then convert to Divx?

Tanky said:
Which one of these will allow me to rip the movie, without the credits or menu, and then play them in Windows Media Player? I travel a lot, and it is a lot easier to put a couple files on my lappy's harddrive than to cayy disc's around. Which one can you use to rip, and then convert to Divx?

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie in IFO mode, then use AutoGK to compress them down to a divx file. If you don't want the credits, then (I think) you can uncheck the last chapter in DVD Decrypter before you rip it, which should leave the credits out.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm

There's a nice guide that will explain a little better.

DVD Shrink lets you set the Starting and Ending frames....so you can cut it to the very start of the movie and the very end of the movie and cut out the credits.

It is what I do when I back up my personal collection, as I bought the DVD for the movie....not the adds, extras, or credits.

Dvd decrypter will rip you an ISO, which can then be mounted on your system in the normal fasion.

Not exactly what you are after, but it's quick and easy. From start to finish, I can get a dvd ripped and playing in about 10 minutes ( highly dependant on drive speed ).

Tiny said:
DVD Shrink lets you set the Starting and Ending frames....so you can cut it to the very start of the movie and the very end of the movie and cut out the credits.

It is what I do when I back up my personal collection, as I bought the DVD for the movie....not the adds, extras, or credits.

That's what I do for the kiddies. I rip just the movie file. That way I can pop the DVD in and it plays. No dumbass menus / previews/ FBI please don't h4x0r me warnings, just pop the movie in and walk away. :D

is it weird that my lite on dvd burner cant read the information off of these dvd's?

i put the dvd in, and the burner starts up, and sounds like its skipping... :confused:

DVDs are encrypted. Do you have a program the decrypts them? If not then that's why you can't read information from the DVD.

Back