Ripping Blu Rays

Anyone elses brain hurt after reading this thread? It sounds real complicated and makes me rather invest in this intstead. It'll be a loooonggg time before I'll own 400 blue rays. ;) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M78J70/ref=pe_58440_14278880_pe_vfe_t1

Can the ripping be simplified? For example

When I rip a dvd. I put the disc in, Anydvd removes the copy protection and I either just rip it to iso or use handbrake to encode/transcode (I don't know the meanings, noob here) to either MP4 or MKV...done. Even a noob can do it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, it's already a one stop process if you use my prefered method of Another EAC3to GUI PLUS and want FLAC or original HD audio. Not sure about video encoding solutions, but I was under the assumption that Ripbot is damn near as easy or easier...?

The author of Another eac3to GUI PLUS is also working on adding one-step support for AAC as well, he was very receptive (and amazingly prompt) to my suggestion. :D

Wow, that actually looks like a good price for that mega changer, somthing like that for CD or DVD equiv would have been thousands 5 years ago? But how to find a movie to play? you'd need a catalog with the disc # referenced handy...

I still like the idea of all my BD's as .MKV and original video and HD audio as AAC for compactness and accessibility.

Yes, it's already a one stop process if you use my prefered method of Another EAC3to GUI PLUS and want FLAC or original HD audio. Not sure about video encoding solutions, but I was under the assumption that Ripbot is damn near as easy or easier...?

The author of Another eac3to GUI PLUS is also working on adding one-step support for AAC as well, he was very receptive (and amazingly prompt) to my suggestion. :D

He'd be better off spending some time learning how to name products.

He'd be better off spending some time learning how to name products.

Yeah.... I'd rather him add AAC support. It's a free product, and a good one at that, he could name it dogshit for all I (or anyone else should) care. :p

Back