RIOTORO Prism CR1280 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club have posted a review of the RIOTORO Prism CR1280 today that is certainly worth checking out. The case has a huge side window and has an RGB function that allows you to change the color of the fans.

”I'll start with what I like about the CR1280. The style - while it doesn't break the standard mold for tower cases, it does have a fresh, clean look, and the large side window does it for me. The layout of the top I/O panel is nice too, with adequate spacing of the USB ports (a typical peeve of mine), the separation of the start and reset buttons (another peeve), and the top-facing angle (no USB drives sticking out to get bent over when you walk by). And then there is the size - the CR1280 can handle an extended ATX (eATX) motherboard, supports liquid cooling and long GPUs, and it has decent hard drive capacity.

The case seems functional. I'm still old school when it comes to optical drives. Seems weird to me now to see bay-less cases.

Not bad looking at all. I like the input panel. At the same time, I do still use my PC as a Blu-Ray player and probably will for at least a few more years. I can see many other people not needing that, though.
Especially with no sign that dedicated 4K Blu-Ray drives for the PC are on the horizon.

I can't stand how all these steel cases have the honeycomb fan exhaust going. I feel like they block a lot of airflow. Lian Li for example all there fan ports are open.

Back