Riot Regrets “Unnecessarily Sexualized” Design of League of Legends Character

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In its latest Q&A series, Riot Games apologized for their design of League of Legends character Kai’Sa, Daughter of the Void. According to some gamers, her neckline is “unnecessarily deep.” The lead producer of the MOBA says they could have done better and will be even more conscious of these decisions in the future.

Early on in designs, Kai'Sa didn't have a deep neckline, Reav3 said, but the team decided she looked too much like a Void creature or a human that had been corrupted by the Void, rather than just the "normal person wearing a Void-suit" that they were after. The team's solution was to show more of her skin.

omg-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

Some people have a seriously bad grip on reality...here's a hint to them...that's a cartoon character not a real person.
But I do have a solution, from now on all characters (male and female and other) have to be naked. Equal opportunity for all.

Sex sells, get the fuck over it.

I actually think this is just a brilliant stunt to bring attention to their game. Apologize for something no one was offended by, people click to see what's up, and then say, "hey, maybe I should play that game / this character". They're using the Streisand Effect to their own benefit. Someone should be promoted if it works.

For fucks sake, none of these developers have an inch of backbone now?
Just say it is exactly as sexualized as we wanted it to be, it's not like they did that design accidentally.

If it offends you don't play the game!

Just because someone is offended doesn't mean they're right.

I actually think this is just a brilliant stunt to bring attention to their game. Apologize for something no one was offended by, people click to see what's up, and then say, "hey, maybe I should play that game / this character". They're using the Streisand Effect to their own benefit. Someone should be promoted if it works.

You're probably right. "There's no such thing as bad publicity" as they say.

Mind you, I think the same thing with all of these articles about anonymous people being "potentially harassed" in online games. Click bait and outrage farming, people love to be outraged. An article claiming that some anonymous source was harassed and the world needs to change is the best way to get the "SJW" haters all riled up and tap into their endless supply of impotent rage and furious clicks.

*Angry clicking sounds*

If anything I'd say there's an unnecessary amount of fabric covering her boobs, like barely any cleavage inside boob action.

But whatever, they should just make all characters like Minecraft characters then no one can get butthurt with rectangles walking around swinging rectangle arms

If anything I'd say there's an unnecessary amount of fabric covering her boobs, like barely any cleavage inside boob action.

But whatever, they should just make all characters like Minecraft characters then no one can get butthurt with rectangles walking around swinging rectangle arms

Hey, if I can't see her hoohah the neck line is too high!

That's not a very revealing outfit, I bet some of the latest dresses worn to the Oscars were more revealing than that.

As I've aged, I've become much more of a curmudgeon, much more willing to tell these people to FO. Being offended by a game character outfit is just plain dumb when there are tons of real problems that you could be focusing on.

That's not a very revealing outfit, I bet some of the latest dresses worn to the Oscars were more revealing than that.

As I've aged, I've become much more of a curmudgeon, much more willing to tell these people to FO. Being offended by a game character outfit is just plain dumb when there are tons of real problems that you could be focusing on.

ya but real problems are, like, hard and stuff, so like, I just whine on twitter about video game characters. Like, you know.

There have been many games that have had way worse. So now it is bad?
Like another said there people IRL wearing way worse.

Some folks won't be happy until all female characters in games are wearing burqas and veils. Of course, then a crowd will start protesting the repression of female characters.

It's such a stupid fucking cycle. First we cover the women, then we uncover the women, now we cover the women again.

Kratos sets an unrealistic standard for men!
large.jpg

pD3EQ.gif

I dunno, Cate Blanchett wore a high neck in Thor: Ragnarock, and the character has some parallels...
Yeah Hollywood isn't a good standard to use.

Haven't seen the movie, but it's obvious they ripped off Hel, the norse goddess of the underworld. I'm sure the vikings didn't envision her in a snowsuit.

Then these talentless, genderless, cuck faced, purple haired, pin cushion pierced, hello kitty tattooed, Ken doll ball-less, severely obese, #hashtag, sugar-free stevia-sweetner pls soy-latte mocho non-GMO fair trade coffee drinking, gun control advocate, adult baby diaper wearing, losers should apply for video game making courses, and make their own fcking game. SJW version of League of Legends: LEAGUE OF LOSERS

Fuck me. Imagine if these pathetic excuses for human beings spent their time on something productive, or useful, or that actually mattered. Think of what could be achieved! Even better than that, imagine if we could force them to understand what personal responsibility is. That way they might do something to take control of their own pathetic lives and stop trying to externalise their own bullshit onto the rest of the world.

I loathe SJW's.

Absolutely and utterly pathetic, Riot. Quit being pussies and say no to these Social Jihadist Warriors. The average person is sick of them and you rapidly lose respect from your customers when you bend to their faux outrage and crybullying.

Back