Ringing a phone through another device

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, sorta an experimental science question here.

If I wanted to make like a gag item, like a button or switch, that makes a cell phone ring, what is the best way to do that? Is raspberry pi something I can use, since its pretty cheap now and pretty powerful, although I think it might be overkill, but I always wanted to get into that, so might as well learn it while doing something, ummm, useful.

But any other even elementary suggestions are welcome!

(So again, I want to be able to press this button or flick a switch and have my or another phone ring... simpler the solution the better)

Oh thats pretty cool, I used to use Lookout for that but this is even better.

However that doesnt help me original query LOL... I'm looking for a way to ring ANY phone, by just knowing their phone number, with another simple device, like a bluetooth activated button... Imagine a scenario where I am sitting or standing in a house party and I want someone's phone to ring, but I dont wanna call them, see what I mean? I'd love to have something in my hand that I can just press.

And not sure how much this changes things, but if I install an app in the other phone, I assume that makes the solution easier, but then I guess the app would just be a simple program that receives a bluetooth signal and makes it "ring"? I guess that would take having to use a phone carrier to send the signal correct?

Back